Phelps does it 8 times

susieSA

Yes Phelps has been amazing. I loved watching his mother's reactions during the race where they thought he came in 2nd. The look on her face and her sagging to her seat was priceless. What a supporter she has been for her son.

I loved watching his mom too. I saw them in an interview and his mom said he was diagnosed with ADHA and that swimming was the perfect outlet for him. Amazing!! Makes me wonder if he didn't have ADHD at all and if they just needed to find a creative place for him to thrive. Anyway.....thought it was cool.

Watched these, too. It was awesome. I saw him get his 3rd Gold and didn't realize I was watching him break world records...

Watched the rest of his races. I was on edge during that final relay... If my fam wasn't so reserved about it I probably would've been shouting.

I keep saying.... China can have their 13 year old Gymnastics Squad... Doesn't matter. USA has Aquaman.

USA Pride :)

• 2 weeks later...

Michael Phelps is an incredible athlete, and will add more medals to his count. But imagine other athletes of the past (yes, including Mark Spitz) who retired from Olympic competition in their prime (Spitz at 23) to pursue and finish college educations, as well as careers outside of their sports.

Michael Phelps, if he plays his money right, will never hold a menial job in his life. And good for him. But I think a lot of athletes of the past missed out on a lot of further success because the "real world" awaited them.

O43