hello fellow beliviers in christ

shadowhunter

hi! im 18 years old a convert to catholism my brothers family is mormon and my nepwew happens to be on of my best friends so im interested in learning about mormonism. also im starting to worry i made a mistake when choosing my religion because God seems so distnant lately so im reading hte book of mormon and praying about and i would apperaicate ur prayers asking God to lead me to the truth whereever it may be

I have certainly experienced feeling as if God had abandoned me. I have also experience God on my side when no one else was, at low, low points in my life. Jesus Christ felt as if God abandoned him at the lowest point in his life (see the New Testament). It's a common experience.

Welcome to the site, and I hope you find the communion with God you seek.

Re: Abandonment.

Yes, on the cross Christ said, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?"

When we find ourselves separated from God, it is because of our sins; we abandon God. Christ was sinless and had God's blessings and presence all the days of his mortal life, except for that brief period on the cross. Christ is, in this case as in others, a special case. He had to suffer a momentary loss of God's attention to fulfill His Atonement. It was yet another test, as those in the desert shortly before his three-year mission. As in all things, Christ fulfilled His Father's will.

Any other comments? Anyone?