I Feel My Savior's Love

The Morning Breaks

Sunday PM

---------

Guide Us O Thou Great Jehovah

Faith In Every Footstep

CONGREGATIONAL #85-- How Firm a Foundation

We Ever Pray For Thee

I'm a lucky (blessed) dog, and am in the Choir. Saturday PM will not be the Mormon Tabernacle Choir -- I don't know who's singing or what they're singing, sorry.

HiJolly

So what are the requirements and the audition process like to become a member of the choir?

Now that you told us you are a member of the Choir.....you will have to hold up a sign that says....Hello LDS.net so we can all see you......:D:D:D

No need----Just look for the overweight guy with gray hair and glasses... easy, right? LoL

Maybe I'll wear my rainbow afro...

HiJolly

A Two-Fold Mission

“If the people of the Church fully understood the way we work to achieve the mission of the Choir,” says organist Robert Cundick, “I think they would be in awe of the inspiration involved.”

According to director Jerold Ottley, the Choir’s mission is two-fold:

First, the Choir is to be a missionary, with a special calling to reach out to the world. Almost anyone in the world with access to a free broadcasting system or a record player has heard of—and loves—the Salt Lake Mormon Tabernacle Choir. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a beneficiary of the Choir’s reputation.

Second, the Choir is to be an ambassador for the Church, with a charge to bring credibility and goodwill to the Church in all areas of the world. It is to “ameliorate dissent and misunderstanding in areas where there has been antagonism toward the Church,” says Brother Ottley.

LDS.org - Ensign Article - The Tabernacle Choir—Beyond the “Crossroads of the Westâ€

Is it true that members of the choir are set apart as missionaries? My neighbor has a former missionary companion in the choir and is always pointing him out to me....looks similar to Hijolly's description:cool:

Yes, we are service missionaries. HiJolly

I was thinking that with the continued emphasis on Family Values, that it would be nice for the Tabernacle Choir to sing that old Paul Anka hit, She's Having My Baby.

;)

Believe it or not, we do on occasion get adventurous. Like last year, when we sang "Bridge Over Troubled Waters" -- I like the song but our arrangement was, well, not exactly well received.

Then several years ago we sang with one of the original "Three Irish Tenors" and he wanted us to sing "Still Haven't Found (What I'm Looking For)" with him -- we tried a Mack Wilburg arrangement but we only sang it once in rehearsal, and that was the end of that.

HiJolly