Kansas City Temple

Jbs2763

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't realize that. That's pretty awesome! I was just wondering why everyone was so excited about the temple in Rome and not any of the others that were announced. Yeah, Catholicism and blah blah blah in Rome, but temples bless the lives of Saints anywhere and everywhere they are.

My Cousin's son went to Italy on his Mission..

and Kansas City is the place for the temple if it was to be in Independence they would have said so......... Even talking with my Stake President last night after he dropped off my son from Priesthood meeting that We both agreed that We are not ready for a Temple in Independence yet (speaking as a Whole not just the two of us)

My Cousin's son went to Italy on his Mission..

and Kansas City is the place for the temple if it was to be in Independence they would have said so......... Even talking with my Stake President last night after he dropped off my son from Priesthood meeting that We both agreed that We are not ready for a Temple in Independence yet (speaking as a Whole not just the two of us)

Pres. Monson said "the greater Kansas City area" which Liberty, and Independence would definatly fall into that bubble

I live in the Greater KC area (Johnson County, Kansas). The church has purchased land in Johnson County over the past few years. It is in Lenexa, Kansas. We'll have to wait and hear the details. It is doubtful the temple will be built in Jackson County (Independence), Missouri.

Hi from a Catholic, -I congratulate the LDS Church for the building of more temples. From what I understand about the LDS faith tradition is that Temples are very important to you in carrying out will of your Heavenly Father. I would guess that Temples should be near the people as possible.

Yes-Rome is the center of the Catholic Church-but we are world-wide as you are.

I hope the membership of the LDS Church will invite the Pope or his representative to tour the Rome Temple before it is dedicated.

Rome today is more of a secular city. The fastest growing religion in Italy and the EU is not Catholic or Protestant but---Islam.

Welcome fellow members on the spiritual journey of life.

I congratulate you in your efforts in carrying out the will of the Heavenly Father as you understand that message.

-Carol

I didn't realize that. That's pretty awesome! I was just wondering why everyone was so excited about the temple in Rome and not any of the others that were announced. Yeah, Catholicism and blah blah blah in Rome, but temples bless the lives of Saints anywhere and everywhere they are.

Hi from a Catholic, -I congratulate the LDS Church for the building of more temples. From what I understand about the LDS faith tradition is that Temples are very important to you in carrying out will of your Heavenly Father. I would guess that Temples should be near the people as possible.

Yes-Rome is the center of the Catholic Church-but we are world-wide as you are.

I hope the membership of the LDS Church will invite the Pope or his representative to tour the Rome Temple before it is dedicated.

Rome today is more of a secular city. The fastest growing religion in Italy and the EU is not Catholic or Protestant but---Islam.

Welcome fellow members on the spiritual journey of life.

I congratulate you in your efforts in carrying out the will of the Heavenly Father as you understand that message.

-Carol

As info. They generally have an open house for the general public after the temples are built but before they are dedicated. So you too, would be able to go thru at that time.

<<snip>>From what I understand about the LDS faith tradition is that Temples are very important to you in carrying out will of your Heavenly Father.<<snip>>

Carol, He is not just our (LDS) Heavenly Father, He is EVERYONES Heavenly Father. One and the same. So is His Son, Jesus Christ.

I'm down in Springfield, MO, so the KC temple is exciting. I wonder if we'll be in that temple district? We're in St. Louis, now.

I would imagine they would build the temple in Lenexa, based on the pattern of temple placement in recent history. Lenexa is a "nicer" place in the greater KC area. (I used to live in Lawrence, worked in Lenexa).

Anyway, it's really cool. So are the other temples;)