Blacks in the priesthood

Only those of African descent. There were many dark skinned Pacific islanders ordained to the Priesthood.

Australian aboriginee's would have been able to be ordained, but I personally have never heard of one converting -- there may be some, I'm just not aware of it.

This also included Maouries in New Zealand and I am sure that it also included Aboriginees too....

The church is rather big in that part of the world

Did the restriction only effect people of African descent or all dark skinned people? (ie Were Australian aboriginee's included?)

Was there a limit as to percentages of race? Was there a limit as to how far back you had to trace? (ie if the ancestor of colour was 6 gens back did it count?)

It is misconception that black people were singled out and that is not the case. Scott, my friend years ago, who was caucasian by pigmentation, was not given the Priesthood until after President Kimball sustained it doing General Conference years ago. Why? His father side had Canaanite blood. Anyone with this descendant wad denied the priesthood.

put those people right there with those that think we....don't believe in electricity, we have horns, and we have more than one wife, we had a mercy tunnel from Liverpool England to Salt Lake City, etc

I think it is time for us to receive those special privileges - PLURAL MARRIAGE - as another group here in California sought by the courts. :lol:

• 1 month later...

PERSONAL OPINON

here since I cannot speak for the Church as a whole or say why God made it this way, look at the Missouri Termination Order and ask why? It was for a couple reasons, one the people of local governments felt threatened, mormons were "different", and they were opposed to slavery, this started wars. This is a fight that needed to be wanted by the slaves themselves. Though slavery was abolished through the civil war, negative treatment still occured until black people wanted to fight for themselves, this was the civl rights movement. A man cannot serve two masters, until black people in america recieved thier basic human rights recognized by the government how can they walk freely? How could they go and do the Lords work if they would be killed and fought even harder for it? Just like dictators in other countries we cannot remove him and put in democracy until the people themselves want it. We can fight, we can destroy, but that doesnt build anything, willpower does.

Two minds think alike. Same as with the Iraqi's, if they want freedom, they themselves must put down the fanatic clergy and those foreign fighters and fight for their own freedom.

As I am against those who cross the border in searching for a better life when they should stay and fight for that right and make the country a better place.

Right Hemi lift where you stand. The problem is they want this country for themselves. BoM or D+C I dont remember where says that the lamanites will rule the americas if the people dont stay righteous, guess what we are there. This country is RIPE. I see the same things happening in pakistan and afghanistan, south america, once the people want change it can happen, but there has to be a weeding out process first. (more personal opinions......more ..... more ... more im not saying....) and Im ready for it. Once this happens the world will start to better prepare for Christ return, once change catches on it can be very rapid.