Are we very dumb or what?

Traveler

I am so sorry that I am discouraged and have very little of an encouraging nature of hope to post – I have the distinct feeling that our nation has became a nation or misfits and fools being lead by incompetent, arrogant and criminally minded politicians. I learned that in California there are at least 10 million defaulted mortgages by illegal aliens. (Lew Daubbs – CNN news program). Not 10 million dollars but 10 million homes. A year ago we were told there was only 13 million illegal’s in all of the USA. We are our own worse enemy.

The Traveler

Not even the beginning of vehicles that are filling up lots, homes that I cannot own years ago are now affordable are in foreclosure, jobs are scarce, and on-and-on.

Perhaps, it was to aid those politicians to gain an office seat in providing means to live in California. :lol:

Guest HEthePrimate

I am so sorry that I am discouraged and have very little of an encouraging nature of hope to post – I have the distinct feeling that our nation has became a nation or misfits and fools being lead by incompetent, arrogant and criminally minded politicians. I learned that in California there are at least 10 million defaulted mortgages by illegal aliens. (Lew Daubbs – CNN news program). Not 10 million dollars but 10 million homes. A year ago we were told there was only 13 million illegal’s in all of the USA. We are our own worse enemy.

The Traveler

Sure, blame it on the illegal aliens! Sorry, bud, but most of the defaulted mortgages are by American citizens. I've also heard people essentially blaming the poor for this crisis. Again sorry, but many of the defaulted mortgages are by people who could afford a modest home, but decided they wanted a bigger, fancier place instead.

And to answer your question, yes, we are dumb. :o

Can I ignore myself? How does one know if one is being ignored by another?

When he writes a post saying she's insane and mentally ill?

Oh, wait. He also told everyone in a different thread that he couldn't see me because he'd put me on ignore. Of course, this was after I had written a post that he presumably could not see.

What is sad is there are times I completely agree with Traveler. However, based on our history, if I said so, he'd take it the wrong way. So its best the way it is, and I am fine with it.

Elphie

Guest Godless

I apologize if this is off-topic, but I couldn't resist.

I doub that many of you watch South Park, but the title of this thread reminded me of a great episode.

Kyle: Anyone who thinks that 9/11 was a conspiracy is a retard.

Cartman: Over one fourth of people in America believe that 9/11 was a conspiracy. Are you saying that one fourth of Americans are retards?

Kyle: Yes, I'm saying that one fourth of Americans are retards.

Stan: Yeah, at least one fourth.

Kyle: Let's do a test sample. There's four of us. You're a retard. That's one fourth.

I apologize if this is off-topic, but I couldn't resist.

I doub that many of you watch South Park, but the title of this thread reminded me of a great episode.

Kyle: Anyone who thinks that 9/11 was a conspiracy is a retard.

Cartman: Over one fourth of people in America believe that 9/11 was a conspiracy. Are you saying that one fourth of Americans are retards?

Kyle: Yes, I'm saying that one fourth of Americans are retards.

Stan: Yeah, at least one fourth.

Kyle: Let's do a test sample. There's four of us. You're a retard. That's one fourth.

That was hilarious . . from one SouthPark fan to another!

Elphaba

Sadly, forclosers is only the tip of the iceburg. They are responsable for a great deal of crime, murder, drunk driving, roberies, fraud, Welfare fraud......... It is sad that the problem has gotten so large.

Who are you talking about?

Are you saying people who lose their homes commit these crimes? Or are you saying illegal immigrants are?

Or something else?

Elphaba

Well it's a crippled way of living: no access to education, legal support, healthcare, difficult to get employment and the likelihood of deportation. You might drive a car...but never legally. Always having to disappear from place to place.

What kind of desperation leads people to live a life like that...and yeah...I feel sorry for the people in the queue and recognise the problems. The law is the law...people have to follow the right processes...but I have seen the human face of illegal immigration and what people do in order to live it when a friend in highschool just disappeared off the face of the earth, no one knew...we saw her brother once on the train and he was talking about how she was sick and the problem with getting a doctor, I was fourteen...not a whole lot of knowledge...I think they left due to political unrest and difficulties... and I don't have the easy answers for the problems involved. It's so sad. But the legal process needs to be there...we can only try to increase immigration quotas as much as possible I guess and our capacity to support that.