LDS Baptisim Question

My heart's deepest desire is finally coming true. I'm being baptized this Sunday, November 16th, at the Brighton Stake in Sandy, Utah, 7pm.

I've studied and investigated on my own for about two years. On Tuesday, Nov.4th, just as we were leaving to take posession of our first house, the missionaries arrived. Turns out they are also responsible for our new neighborhood as well. I've met with them three times already and will meet three more times before Sunday. But they could see my spirit right away and knew I was ready. (I've been ready for a long time!!!) Last Sunday I attended my new Ward and it was wonderful. The missionaries have even helped us in our process of moving!

So Nov. 4th was really a new beginning, not only for our country, due to the election, but also for me and my housemate moving to a our new home and neighborhood, and best of all for my being at the beginning of my membership and fellowship into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and nothing else compares to this blessing!!! I am SO grateful, more than words can express!

This year has been an amazing adventure for me and I know with certainty our Heavenly Father and my savior Jesus Christ have been with me and will continue to be with me every moment of everyday! And ALL IS WELL!!!!!! Always.:)

Edited by Bethie

• 3 months later...

That is great news! Ok, I rent out my place to two non-Mormons men, whom I only have brotherly love for ( Not erotic.) while I'm investigating the church's doctrine ( Also with Mormon elders and other men of the priesthood.). If I do decide that the church is the right one for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I ask to be baptised will that be possible in this circumstance or will the church consider it a hindrance?:confused:

Edited by GNews4BadTimes

This is great news! Ok, I rent out my place to two non-Mormons men, whom I only have brotherly love for ( Not erotic.) while I'm investigating the church's doctrine ( Also with Mormon elders and other men of the priesthood.). If I do decide that the church is the right one for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and I ask to be baptised will that be possible in this circumstance or will the church consider it a hindrance?:confused:

As long as you don't act on any erotic love desires that might arise, I can't see why not. There's plenty of non-relatives living together in my singles ward- only same-gender situations, though.

I can't think why not, although if you feel it's a problem I would ask about it upfront, if you decide to get baptized.

• 1 month later...

I have been an investigator for about three years now.... everyone treats me "like one of them".

That's interesting.

I was a long-standing investigator myself a few years back, but I got the impression that the missionaries (and several more senior members) considered it an embarrassment that I wasn't baptized. They kept bugging me about it anyway. I guess different wards have their different characteristics.

I do have some happy memories of those times. There were a great many people there who were just friendly and nice, without being pushy.

Edited by Jamie123
Sounded too critical before.

That's interesting.

I was a long-standing investigator myself a few years back, but I got the impression that the missionaries (and several more senior members) considered it an embarrassment that I wasn't baptized. They kept bugging me about it anyway. I guess different wards have their different characteristics.

I do have some happy memories of those times. There were a great many people there who were just friendly and nice, without being pushy.

Are you still investigating or finally took the plunge? :)

Are you still investigating or finally took the plunge? :)

LOL - neither really. I eventually went back to the Anglican church where I had originally been baptized. But I'm still very fond of the Mormons, and have a lot of respect for them. :) Not many traditional Christians can hold a candle to them in terms of their commitment to what they believe!