Great Quotes of History

JohnBirchSociety

I'd like to start a posting of great historical quotes, without comment. Below are a few of my favorites. Add your own!

"Our lives, our liberty, and our property are never in greater danger than when Congress is in session." -Mark Twain

"The only place success come before work is in the dictionary." -Colin Powell

"Democracy is like having two wolves and a lamb decide what is for dinner." -Benjamin Franklin

"What luck, for governments, that the people are stupid!" -Adolf Hitler

"Am I not destroying my enemies, by making them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

"I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous." -Yogi Berra

"If you come to a fork in the road, take it." -Yogi Berra

"Son, it never rains under water." -My Dad

"Is life so sweet, or peace, so dear, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty GOD! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death." -Patrick Henry

"Government is not reason, it is force. Like fire, it can either be a dangerous servant, or a fearful master." -George Washington

"NUTS!" -Gen. McCallister (Ask me)

"A principle is the expression of perfection, and as imperfect beings like us cannot practise perfection, we devise every moment limits of its compromise in practice" - Mohandas Gandhi

"Chase after money and security and your heart will never unclench." - Buddha

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist." - Arch-Bishop Dom Helder Camara and Mother Theresa

"A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore!" -Yogi Berra

"No, I do not believe my opponents youth and inexperience should have anything to do with this race." -Ronald Reagan

"Do, or do not, there is no try!" -Yoda

"Do it. Do it right. Do it right now." -Spencer W. Kimball

"No success can compensate for failure in the home." -David O. McKay

"He is not here. The Tomb is empty." -Angel of the Lord

"There are three boxes of the citizen. The ballot box. The soap box. The ammo box." -Rep. Lawrance P. McDonald

"It's not about who's right or wrong. It's about who's left." -American Kenpo founder Ed Parker, Sr.

"Be like water, my friend. Be like water" -Bruce Lee

"A principle is the expression of perfection, and as imperfect beings like us cannot practise perfection, we devise every moment limits of its compromise in practice" - Mohandas Gandhi

"Chase after money and security and your heart will never unclench." - Buddha

"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist." - Arch-Bishop Dom Helder Camara and Mother Theresa

"Ignorance is not, not knowing something. It is knowing what isn't so." -Mark Twain

Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security

will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.

(Benjamin Franklin)

"When bad men combine, the good must unite. Else, they shall fall, one by one, an unpittied sacrafice, in a contemptable struggle." -Edmund Burke

"Evil will always loudly denounce the quite beauty of virtue." -Me

"Let us agitate ourselves, and our neighbors, to show the whole world that a free man, contending for liberty on his own ground, is superior to any mercenary on Earth!" -George Washington

"Life is like a bowl of jello. You shake it a little and it gets all upset, but eventually it settles down." -Me

"We have seen the enemy, and they are ours." -John Paul Jones

"I only regret I have but one life to give." -Nathaniel Hawthorne

"Let us have no further blind devotion to the communist dominated United Nations!" -Ezra Taft Benson

"D'OH!" -Homer Simpson

"Whether a glass is half full or half empty does not matter when you are thirsty." -Anonymous

"Theory states that if you take a dozen monkeys, typing randomly over time, they will eventually type out the complete works of Shakespere. The internet has proven this wrong." -Anonymous

"Do not confuse kindness with weakness." -Anonymous

"If God does not smite America, he shall have to apologize to Sodom and Gommorah." -Rev. Billy Graham

"Holy Cow!" -Ghandi's last words (just joking)

"Are we at last brought to such an humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our own defense?

Where is the difference between having our arms under our own possesion and under our own direction, and having them under the management of Congress?

If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"

(Patrick Henry)

"Thank you, thankyou, thnkuvrymch..." -Elvis Presley

"It's not about who's right or wrong, it's about who's left!" -Ed Parker

"Hey, Boo-Boo, look at dee pic-i-nic bas-KET!" -Yogi

"Gee, Yogi, what are we gonna do now?" -Bobboo

"I come to you with only Karate, empty hands, I have no weapons, but should I be forced to defend myself, my principles or my honor, should it be a matter of life or death, of right or wrong; then here are my weapons, Karate, my empty hands." -Ed Parker

"Now the Nephites were taught to defend themselves against their enemies, even to the shedding of blood if it were necessary; yea, and they were also taught never to give an offense, yea, and never to raise the sword except it were against an enemy, except it were to preserve their lives." -Alma 48:14