Lakers

Dr T

Kobe scored 32 points in the Lakers' 99-92 win over the Nets on Sunday afternoon on the road. LO put up 22 points and Pau had another double-double with 15 points and 11 rebounds. We had 3 late free throws missed by Kobe, Pau and and LO (one each). LO also added the game’s dagger from three-point land, his second and L.A.’s seventh of the game. Shannon Brown and Steve Blake had 9 boards (Shanon four) and Blake (five) off the bench despite limited minutes. The Nets finished the game +3 on the glass at 45-42. We need to pick that up. Maybe because "Pau has had heavy legs" as they keep saying. There were 16 missed shots Pau a 6-for-19 day from the field. Kobe lead all scorers on 9-of-19 shooting. He scored 14 of those 32 in the fourth quarter, making 3-of-6 shots and hitting 7-of-8 free throws. He added four steals and four boards. We play Washington on Tuesday at 7 p.m. next.

My boys met with President Obama for the second straight season, dividing their time between classrooms of smiling eight-year-old kids and being congratulated for their 2010 championship by the President. I'm not sure if the preseident was trying to be funny or not but when he congratulated them, he said "they have one less than the Celtics" and talked about the Bulls beating the Lakers the other night and how Phil Jackson has one less championship with the Lakers than he did coaching for the Bulls.

It's been difficult to see my boys doing so poorly and having to fight it out to pull it off recently. Yes, they are my team but the two-time defending champion Lakers have now faced fourth-quarter deficits in seven of their last nine games after trailing in the final period in just four of their first 15. We are playing the Wizzards right now. I'll report on how we did after.

Lakers win in Washington. Kobe scored 16 of his game-high 24 points in the third quarter to lead my boys to a 103-89 win over the Wizards tonight. Bynum played tonight for the first time since his knee injury finishing with seven points. L.O. had a double double with 10 boards and 18 points, Pau had 9 rebounds, 7 assits and 16 pts. We had 5 players in double digits tonight. I like it.

The Lakers have traded guard Sasha Vujacic and their 2011 first round pick to New Jersey for Joe Smith, Golden State’s second round pick in 2011, Chicago’s second round pick in 2012 and the rights to Ukraine’s Sergei Lishouk.The deal is contingent on both Vujacic and Smith passing physicals I'll be back later to talk about tonight's game.

12/15/10-Kobe scored 31 points and 6 assists while Pau added 28 Wednesday night as my Lakers stomped the Pacers 109-94. L.O. posted another double-double 13pts 17 rebounds. Pau had 28pts, 8 boards, and 4 assists. LA shot 51% & won rebounding battle 51-29. We take on the Sixers next. Keep it up and know off four in a row.

Kobe tops the Western Conference in number of All-Star votes received. Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers Kevin Durant is also doing well while Dwight Howard of the Orlando Magic and LeBron James of the Miami Heat lead the Eastern Conference after the first returns of 2011. Kobe the Finals MVP last season, is the overall leader with 722,682 votes. Chris Paul is second at 386,649 votes at the Guard position.

Tonight's game vs Philly Lamar Odom scored a season-high 28 points as we played like we ought to in the fourth. We had a poor third but we closed strongly to win 93-81. Pau added another double double 19 points and 13 rebounds and Matt Barnes also had a double-double 15 pts and 10 boards tonight.

LA (20-7) went into today’s game looking to extend its winning streak to five against the Toronto Raptors (10-17). We came off our last win vs. Philadelphia, our fifth victory in six games. The Lakers won their fifth straight in Toronto 120-110. We had 6 players in double digit points. Kobe had 20 points, Pau 19, and Bynum's had 16 points and led a solid bench effort to good numbers. With the seven-game road trip now over, we’ll return home to host the Bucks on Tuesday. With 20 points against Toronto this brings Kobe to 26,514 Points for in his career pushing him past Hakeem Olajuwon for third on the NBA’s all-time franchise scoring list. Only Michael Jordan and Karl Malone had scored more points for their franchises in league history. Our bench had 57 points in a fantastic second unit effort. We had 56 points in the paint as we took advantage of our superior length (which makes me laugh! Did we stop calling height height or being tall now for some reason?) with the Pau Gasol (19 points, eight boards), Lamar Odom (11 points, seven rebounds) and Bynum (16 and seven) combination. His 16 points was Bynum’s best game since his return recently this season. Even without being fully comfortable jumping and landing, Bynum made 4-of-6 field goals, and hit 8-of-10 free throws as Toronto simply couldn’t handle our size. He added seven boards and a block. This was our fifth consecutive win on our 6-game road trip after an opening loss to the Bulls to improve our mark to 21-7 on the season so far.

There you go Ben. That would be NICE!

===

Home after our seven-game road trip and with a Christmas Day showdown right around the corner, it'd be easy to overlook the Bucks but we play them tonight. Yes, we beat them the first time we played them this season and our bench is playing well right now but it's still a game I'd like to win. We had Bynum return last Tuesday and we finished the Eastern Conference portion the trip with five wins by an average of 11.6 points. The Bucks leading scorer fractured his foot and two others got concussions from running into each other so I hope we do not go in without really playing like we should. We'll see tonight.

Like I said in my last post, we played the Bucks last night. In the 4th, Kobe got two T's and went to the locker room. He said, "Don't let them beat us and ruin Christmas." Guess what, they spoiled Christmas. The Bucks beat us 98-79. :( We play the Heat Sunday on Christmas. I will not be able to watch! My wife is all about, "This is a family day-no basketball" she said. We'll see. :)

First, I was not able to watch my boys get used by the Miami Heat. :( We basically were outplayed in all areas. Kobe had 17 points and 7 assists while Pau had 17 and 8 rebounds, but we lost 96-80 at home on today. LO added 14 with 9 rebounds as we dropped our second straight. We play San Antonio on Tuesday next. We started the first quarter with our lowest of the season.

Ron Artest announced the winner of the charity raffle for his championship ring. He decided to auction his ring to raise money for child mental health. The ring was won by Raymond Mikkael, a father of four from Hawthorne, CA. What are your thoughts on giving away his ring?

The Lakers have assigned forward Devin Ebanks to the Bakersfield Jam of the NBA Development League. The 6’9” rookie will be available to play for the Jam Tuesday night. We take on the Spurs in San Antonio Tuesday night. GO LAKERS!

Bryant practice in what Phil called a "feisty" session today; Jackson said Kobe did his talking by playing aggressively.

from Twitter about 8 hours ago. We go to the Spurs who have been playing the best ball recently. They have come back at the end to win some but my boys for some reason like to play from behind a lot. That does not look good for us. We can take them. I just hope Kobe doesn't beat up his teammates so they go out on medical leave...

The Lakers (21-9) begin a back-to-back road trip tonight in San Antonio against the Spurs, who have roared out of the gates and sit atop the Western Conference standings with a 26-4 record.

San Antonio, which had a 10-game win streak snapped in its previous game at Orlando, has won 10 in a row at home but faces a Lakers team which has won five straight road games.

From Lakers.com

Last night we only won one quarter. We took a two point lead at the end of the first half. Kobe took a ton of shots and we lost 97-82 to the Spurs. Our starters were upset in this game. Did I say we lost? We lost. :( There is still a lot of ball to play this season. I don't like to lose but it's not over. LAKERS! Next we have NO.

LO's 24 points and Kobe's 20 points led my boys to put away the New Orleans Hornets 103-88 on the road last night. Bynum started his first game of this season and added 18 points. Pau had another double double with 11 points and 12 rebounds. Barnes got the boot after to T's. I don't know what they were for though. I'll take this win and am glad Odom seems alright with playing with the 2nd unit. We need him there to run that second team with his size and power plays. LO is great. GO LAKERS!

The NBA has released the second returns for the 2011 All-Star voting and Kobe Bryant still reigns as the top overall vote getter with 1,153,694 votes. Forward Pau Gasol saw his grip on the second starting forward spot in the West slip slightly while Lamar Odom & Andrew Bynum also remain in contention.

We started with a first quater 10-0 run vs. the Sixers. My boys entirely controlled the first period, emerging with a 29-19 lead while shooting 52 percent and holding Philly to 38 percent from the field. LO and Pau combined for nine of L.A.’s 15 rebounds, one more than the Sixers managed as a team. We were 10-4 in the paint in the first. We held onto a 8 point lead at the half. At the end of the 3rd it was 82-73 with a last second foul to cut our lead down. We fell off in the 4th and had to fight to say in this one for the win 102-98 at home last night. Kobe finished with 33 points, Bynum had 15 rebounds, and Pau had 20 points and 8 boards while LO had 18 points and 7 rebounds. I'll take the win.

We were schooled tonight vs. Grizz. 104-85. :( I'll say it again, KOBE we are SO much better when you do less! Share the ball. Look at this: In spite of Kobe's history of doing well against the Grizzlies throughout his career (He scored 40-plus points seven times, scoring more than 50 twice and 60 on March 22, 2007.) it is not only up to you sir. I'd rather you shoot than anyone else and yes you are amazing but come on. We are stronger when you play as a team. The Lakers have won seven of the last nine meetings, including a 124-105 home victory Nov. 2. They’ve beaten Memphis in four straight and six of eight at home. Well that needs to change now. We got spanked! I like how Bynum played tonight but overall they came to play and we just got played. :(