Lakers

Dr T

Tonight Lakers vs. Pisons. Kobe scored 24 of his 33 points in the first half as the Lakers had their second straight win, 103-90 in Detroit. Pau had a double double with 25 points and 12 rebounds for the Lakers, while L.O. also had a double double with 15 points and 14 rebounds. Kobe was just one rebound shy of a double double tonight. We have now defeated the Pistons for the fourth consecutive time.

Six Lakers Named To 2011 NBA All-Star Ballot

Nov 18 2010 3:46PM

Related Images

Posted Image

Vote for Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, Ron Artest, Derek Fisher and Andrew Bynum!

EL SEGUNDO – Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom, Ron Artest, Derek Fisher and Andrew Bynum were named to the 2011 NBA All-Star ballot, which was unveiled today during a special tip-off event in Los Angeles, the Official Host City of NBA All-Star 2011. The 60th NBA All-Star Game, which will air live on TNT and ESPN Radio, will be played at STAPLES Center on Sunday, February 20, 2011.

Bryant, the 2009 and 2010 NBA Finals MVP, has started each of the last 12 All-Star games for the Western Conference, earning All-Star MVP honors in 2002, 2007 and co-MVP honors in 2009. The youngest All-Star in NBA history, Bryant has led the Western Conference in All-Star balloting each of the last three seasons. Recently becoming the youngest player in NBA history to score 26,000 points (12th ever), Bryant currently ranks among league leaders in scoring (3rd/26.3) and assists (26th/5.0).

Gasol, a 2009 and 2010 All-NBA Third Team selection as well as the two-time defending European Player of the Year, has been named to three Western Conference All-Star Teams (2006, 2009, 2010). A two-time NBA Champion, 2006 World Champion and 2009 European Champion, Gasol currently ranks among league leaders in scoring (12th/22.9), rebounds (3rd/12.2), assists (38th/3.9), FG% (11th/.550) and blocks (19th/1.50).

Artest, the 2004 NBA Defensive Player of the Year and a four-time NBA All Defensive Team selection, was named to the Eastern Conference All-Star Team in 2004 and currently ranks 15th among league leaders in steals (1.75). Odom, a two-time NBA Champion and the first United States player to hold an NBA and FIBA World Championship title at the same time, is currently averaging 14.9 points, 10.8 rebounds and 3.7 assists and ranks among league leaders in rebounds (8th/10.8), FG% (5th/.585) and 3FG% (5th/.588).

Fisher, a five-time NBA Champion, has started 303 consecutive regular season games, the longest active streak in the NBA, while also appearing in 425 consecutive regular season games overall, second-most among active players. Currently in his 15th NBA season, Fisher ranks third among league leaders in three-point field goal percentage (.600) and is averaging 8.3 points, 3.1 assists and 1.17 steals. Bynum, who played with an injured right knee throughout the 2010 NBA Playoffs and underwent offseason surgery, averaged 15.0 points, 8.3 rebounds and 1.45 blocks in 65 games a season ago. He is one of 12 centers named on the 2011 ballot from the Western Conference

2011 NBA All-Star Balloting begins this afternoon at 3p.m. ET and allows fans around the world to vote daily for their favorite players as starters for the 2011 NBA All-Star Game. There are several ways fans can cast their votes, including: at each NBA arena; in 20 languages on NBA.com; and through mobile phones by texting the player's last name to 6-9-6-2-2 ("MYNBA") or by visiting m.nba.com on any wireless carrier. Starters will be announced live on TNT on January 27, during a special one-hour pregame show at 7 pm ET featuring Ernie Johnson, Charles Barkley and Kenny Smith.

The NBA All-Star ballot lists 120 players – 60 each from the Eastern and Western Conferences – with 24 guards, 24 forwards, and 12 centers from each conference comprising the list. Voters select two guards, two forwards and one center from each conference. The 120 players on the ballot were selected by a panel of media who regularly cover the NBA: J.A. Adande (ESPN.com), Marv Albert (TNT), Art Garcia (NBA.com) Marc Spears (Yahoo! Sports), Doug Smith (The Toronto Star) and Ian Thomsen (Sports Illustrated).

Tonight vs. Wolves in Minnesota. Pau had another double double with 16 pts and 14 boards, Bares had a great game with 24 points, 7 rebounds, and 6 assists. Kobe had 23 pts and 8 rebounds, L.O. had 11 pts, 8 rebounds and 8 asts, Fish had 12 pts and Brown had 11 in the Lakers' 112-95 win over the Timberwolves.

My boys came back home tonight (11/21/10) vs. Golden State. Pau scored 28 points with 10-for-10 shooting and 8 for 8 from the line, Kobe had 20 points. LO had another double double with 15 points and 10 rebounds. LA had a 30-point lead in the first half of our fourth straight win, 117-89 over GSW. We shot really well this game. Keep it going Lakers!

NBA Power Ranking for this week: Lakers stay at #1

Like champions do, the Lakers followed a two-game skid with four straight wins. The Lakers remain in the top spot because the numbers say they have the league's top offense, and we know they can defend when the game is on the line. If they stay healthy, they'll stay on top.

Tonights game (11/26/10) vs. Utah was just as I thought, tough. We jumped out to a quick lead. We proceded to lose the next 3 quarters. :( The Jazz beat us in FG percentage, freethrow %, 3 point %, had 10 more assists (14 to 24), and rebounds (38 to 42). The score was 102-96 in Utah. Pau had another double double (21 points and 11 rebounds), while Kobe had 31 points and he scored 14 straight Laker points in the 4th quarter. Next time they need to listen to me. GO LAKERS!

We had another loss. This time at home vs. Pacers. Kobe had a season-high 41 points, Pau and L.O. had double doubles but we still lost 95-92. I'll say it again, I love Kobe, he's great but we are better when Kobe does less. Pau had 13 points and 12 rebounds while Lamar Odom 15 points and 11 boards. :(

We dropped our third straight. :( We lost to the Grizzlies 98-96 on 11/30/10. My Lakers erased a 13-point deficit but came up short again. Kobe scored 19 of his 29 points before halftime and Pau had another double-double with 15 points and 14 rebounds. Kobe is getting a lot of attention-"Do the Lakers play better without Kobe?" We need him, he's great and I want him around.

WOW and OUCH! Another loss. Looks like my boys fell apart in the 4th. L.O. had a double double with 25 points and 11 rebounds Kobe added 27 in tonight's 109-99 loss vs. the Rockets. We have lost four straight for the first time since 2006-07 season. :( Good things there plenty of season left.

Yes, we've lost 4 in a row, I don't like that but that is not my biggest concern. Pau had to go into the locker room in the third quarter because of a "hamsting issue." I hope he's not been playing too many minutes and is really hurt. Lakers just need to get back on track. GO LAKERS!

As you may know, we have losst our last four games in a row, Pau has a strained hamstring and Bynum is still out for a few weeks because of his knee injury. Not time to get up in arms. If we lose to Sacramento tonight I'll worry more.

The Lakers averaged 111.5 points in winning 13 of their first 15 games, but haven't cracked triple digits in their past five. Los Angeles let a seven-point lead slip away with seven minutes to play in a 109-99 defeat at Houston on Wednesday.

Bryant, who had a game-high 27 points, wanted nothing to do with the notion that his team isn't as good as it initially thought.

"How do you know how good we think we are? We're fine," Bryant said. "Are we going to win a three-peat today? Probably not, but the (expletive) is not played today."

His coach agrees.

"Concern? It's way too early in the season, and we've got a long ways to go," Jackson said. "We've got some guys struggling and need to get better."

Getting Gasol some rest might be a start. The All-Star big man averaged 22.8 points during the Lakers' first 14 games but just 13.8 while shooting just 40.0 percent in his last five contests. He also tweaked his left hamstring Tuesday in Memphis, and said it continued to bother him Wednesday.

Gasol is listed as day-to-day, but with Bynum and backup Theo Ratliff already out, the 7-footer claims he's preparing to go Friday - even though the Lakers don't play again until Tuesday.

If Gasol can't go, rookie Derrick Caracter will likely make his first NBA start after playing a total of 108 minutes.

Gasol has averaged 23.3 points and shot 63.7 percent during Los Angeles' seven-game winning streak against the Kings (4-12), who certainly wouldn't mind seeing him joining Bynum on the sidelines.

Sacramento has lost 11 of 12, a stretch that began with a 112-100 home loss to the Lakers on Nov. 3 as Bryant finished with 30 points, 12 assists and 10 rebounds. The Kings are averaging just 83.8 points during their latest skid, which hit five after a 107-98 home loss to Indiana on Tuesday.

"It's frustrating because of the losing and all of the negativity," guard Luther Head said. "Going into practice it's like there's a black cloud. It's tough but you just have to keep pushing."

The KIngs also have concerns in the frontcourt. Starting center Samuel Dalembert is questionable with right knee tendinitis, while rookie DeMarcus Cousins was kicked out of practice Monday for unspecified disciplinary actions.

Cousins seemed to at least respond against the Pacers, scoring a season-high 20 points.

If Dalembert can't go, Cousins - who had 11 points in 20 foul-plagued minutes in the loss to the Lakers last month - will start.

from NBA.com GO LAKERS!

My boys did it like we know how to play ball tonight vs. Sacramento tonight. We beat the Kings 113-80 as we returned home. Kobe led six Lakers players in double digits with 22 points in 26 minutes of play and L.O. and Pau both had 16. Our bench combined for 52 points and Brown had 14 of those points.

After losing 4 straight the power ranking took us all the way down to 5th. John Schuhmann, from NBA.com said,

L.A. Lakers (14-6)

Pace: 97.1 (7), Off: 111.3 (1), Def: 102.8 (11)

None of Phil Jackson's 11 championship teams ever lost four straight games, so at this point, the Lakers might as well tank the season. Saturday's win over the Kings may have been fun to play, but it only hurts their chances at getting the No. 1 pick in the Draft. Time to think about the future, L.A.

Seriously? Whatever. Mr. Schuhmann is jumping the gun there.

We played the Washington in LA tonight. We went up 13-point at the half but after we sat 3 starters, Kobe, Fish and Artest, we had to hang on to win. The Wizards went on a 14-1 run when they sat down which made us have to hang for the win. Nonetheless my boys beat the Wizards 115-108. Kobe had 32 points and is now 44 points away from John Havlicek (26,395 points) for the 11th place in scoring of all time. L.O. scored 24, and Pau added 21 points, 14 rebounds, 8 assists and 5 blocked shots. Keep it up Pau and boys.

THANKFULLY we played the hapless (as opposed to hapful-what is a "hap" anyway? ;)) Clippers tonight. Derek Fisher hit a running layup as the clock expired to to beat the Clippers 87-86. Kobe led with 24 points, Shannon Brown had 16 points and five rebounds and Pau recorded another double-double (10 points, 10 rebounds). I had a hard time following this game. My computer was running SUPER slowly. I'm sad it was so difficult for us the drop them but I'll take the win.

The Lakers (16-6) have won three straight as they play their next 6 road games. We play Chicago (12-8) at 5:00pm PT tonight. We've beat them 1-0 so far this season. The Bulls hope to end a seven-game losing streak tonight. They have Rose who is a shooter so we'll see how that goes. Chicago is also Shannon Brown's home town so I'm sure he'll want to put on a show of how his game has improved. This is fun.

It looked like we started out really well only allowing 12 points in the first and then we were schooled! We only had 10 points in the second quarter. The Bulls outscored us 19-3 in the final six minutes of the second quarter to take a 36-32. 32 point? WOW. That is crazy! 32 points in the first half. Kobe had 23 points and seven assists but went 9 for 23 and missed two free throws in the 4th. Basically my Lakers lost 88-84 tonight. Pau had 21 points and 8 rebounds while L.O. had 18. Brown did not have any points in this game and missed all 5 of his shots and had 4 fouls. It's ok, it hurts to lose but I have faith they will pull it back together.

26,398 Career points scored by Kobe Bryant after his 23-point effort, two points more than Celtics legend John Havlicek scored in his career. That vaulted Bryant up to the No. 11 spot in NBA scoring history. Phil Jackson went back to his old team last night. He said "This is my last stand." People have said that this will be Jackson's last year of coaching.