Lakers

Dr T

Guest MormonGator

I have a feeling the Lakers will get worse before they get better. Carlos Boozer is awful and plays with the passion of Kwame Brown.  You have a great point guard in Jeremy Lin...and the Lakers aren't using him enough. He could be a great floor manager. 

Ok, the comparison of Boozer and Brown might be a bit harsh...

Edited by MormonGator

Yes sir I agree. We will get worse before we improve. We will see if Kobe quits before the end of his contract. Booz is much better than Kwame in my opinion. I will go down with the ship. It is very difficult on this end of losing but it is Los Angeles until I die

Guest MormonGator

. It is very difficult on this end of losing

Welcome to my last two seasons.  :(

We can share the misery together.

And yes, I agree with you. Boozer is better than Kwame, but you and I could give Kwame Brown a run for the money. And I'm only 5'7"! 

Edited by MormonGator

Guest MormonGator

I would love to see Lin on the Celtics! He's young but not rookie young, so he doesn't need to learn the game much. He also runs the court like a floor general. 

Is he the best point guard in the game? Of course not, but he's a much better than to be on his fourth team. 

awwww man I right there with you.  :(

the Champs pounded us last night.  Kobe out for this season.  He should bow out.  

99-85-Spurs last night

Postgame Numbers: Lakers at Spurs (1/23/15)

joey_headshot.jpg?itok=hfAxxppI
by Joey Ramirez
Lakers.com Contributor
Posted: Jan 23, 2015

Here is a by-the-numbers look at the Lakers’ 99-85 loss to the San Antonio Spurs.

First-time starters for the Lakers. Robert Sacre and rookie Jordan Clarkson both made their first starts of the season, while Ryan Kelly joined the starting five for the third time, and Wayne Ellington took over for Kobe Bryant as first-string shooting guard. Clarkson was one of the few bright spots for the Lakers Friday, as he contributed 11 points, four assists and three rebounds in front of friends and family in his hometown of San Antonio. 

“I thought (Clarkson) played really well,” Ellington said. “A rookie, first time starting in his hometown — I know he had a lot of adrenaline pumping, of course. He handled himself great.”

Baskets collected by Tony Parker, who led all players in made shots. Despite playing only 23 minutes, Parker shot 7-for-14 from the field to lead the Spurs with 17 points. The 32-year-old also dished out a team-high four assists.

San Antonio’s lead after one quarter. The Spurs doubled the Lakers up in the first period, 31-15, by shooting 52.0 percent (13-for-25). L.A., meanwhile, went just 6-for-21 (28.6 percent) from the field with only Clarkson and Nick Young finding much rhythm. Without that duo, the remaining Lakers shot 1-for-14 in the opening frame.

“We got off to a terrible start against a great team, and you just can’t do that,” head coach Byron Scott said. “From that point on, I thought we played pretty well and pretty hard. Just like I told them, though: We have to compete like that every night. We have got to do it for 48 minutes — it can’t be 36.”

Points scored by Young. With Bryant out indefinitely, Young (14.5 ppg) is now the Lakers’ leading scorer. The sixth man contributed plenty of scoring in just 20 minutes, shooting 5-for-11, but didn’t do much else. Despite recently talking about wanting to develop the other aspects of his game, Young finished without rebound, assist, steal or block.

Rebounds for the Spurs. Led by Kawhi Leonard, San Antonio held a 12-rebound advantage over the Lakers. Leonard grabbed 14 boards, which were just two shy of his career high, while also adding 15 points (6-for-12), three assists and a pair of steals. But it wasn’t just Leonard doing work on the glass, as Tiago Splitter hauled in 11 rebounds.

Guest MormonGator

I agree. It's time for Kobe to go out with class. You have to say to yourself "I want to be able to pick up my grandchildren when I am 60." If he keeps playing, he won't be able to. That's really sad. I don't want to see him go out on his shield

haha, it already has become that IMO, look at our record.  Those are not the typical Lakers numbers.  No Kobe we will be walked through.  :(  What are we, (Los Angeles) going to do?  There is a great heritage in LA but no big attraction to bring other star players at this time.

Guest MormonGator

haha, it already has become that IMO, look at our record.  Those are not the typical Lakers numbers.  No Kobe we will be walked through.   :(  What are we, (Los Angeles) going to do?  There is a great heritage in LA but no big attraction to bring other star players at this time.

Exactly! And didn't the Lakers give up a ton to get Dwight Howard? 

by Joey Ramirez

Lakers.com Contributor

Posted: Jan 29, 2015

Here is what you need to know before the Lakers take on the Chicago Bulls.

1) Thursday’s game marks a homecoming for Pau Gasol, who will be facing his former team at STAPLES Center for the first time since he was a member of the Memphis Grizzlies on Jan. 13, 2008. Gasol made three all-star teams in more than six seasons as a Laker, winning two championships along the way. The Spaniard also finished his tenure in L.A. with the franchise’s third-highest offensive rating (116.9) behind Magic Johnson (120.8) and A.C. Green (117.7).

2) Gasol has experienced a renaissance in Chicago and was named an Eastern Conference All-Star starter last week. The 34-year-old ranks third in the league in blocks (2.2) and fifth in rebounds (11.9) — both of which are on pace for career highs. Gasol, who leads the NBA with 28 double-doubles, has been blistering over his last six games, over which he is averaging 15.6 points and 14.7 rebounds with a double-double in each contest.

3) The Lakers have gone young with their starting lineup over the last three games, as Jordan Clarkson, Wayne Ellington, Ryan Kelly, Jordan Hill and Robert Sacre have 13 years of combined NBA experience. L.A.’s season-opening starting lineup had 43 years of experience, with Kobe Bryant accounting for 18 years on his own.

4) Despite losing nine straight games for the first time since 1994, the Lakers have been playing solid defense during their slide. Entering this stretch, L.A. was averaging 107.6 points per game, but that has diluted down to 99.3 points over the Lakers’ last nine contests.

5) Jimmy Butler, whose status for Thursday’s game is questionable due to illness, has arguably been the NBA’s most improved player this season. The 25-year-old leads the Bulls with 20.1 points per game, 7.0 more than last season. Butler has also thrived through a physically taxing season, as he leads the league in minutes played (39.5) and distance traveled (2.8 miles) per game.

6) Despite a relatively lukewarm season by his own standards, Derrick Rose has looked like he did during his 2010-11 MVP season over his last eight games, averaging 24.1 points on 45.3 percent shooting while leading Chicago in scoring seven times. Rose’s success peaked in the Bulls’ last game on Tuesday in a win over Golden State, when he dropped 30 points, including the game-winning step-back in overtime, though he also had 11 turnovers, the most of any player in the league this season.

7) Joakim Noah (ankle) is listed as questionable for Thursday’s game, which means Chicago could be missing its most tenacious rebounder. Though Noah is averaging his fewest boards (9.3) in six years, he has fought on the glass as much as any player in the league, ranking first among all players with at least eight rebounds per game in contested rebound percentage (53.0).

8) Aaron Brooks has experienced a resurgence in his first season with Chicago, becoming one of the league’s top long-range shooters. Brooks is fourth in the NBA and leads all point guards in 3-point percentage by shooting a career-high 44.8 percent from deep.

9) Led by Gasol, the Bulls have been the league’s top shot-blocking team with 6.7 swats per game. Opponents are also shooting just 50.0 percent at the rim, which is the fourth-lowest mark in the NBA.

10) With Gasol and Noah paving the way, Chicago has also been hauling in the NBA’s third-most rebounds (45.6). The Lakers got a front-row seat for this on Christmas Day when the Bulls hauled in an L.A. opponent season-high 57 rebounds, including 20 on the offensive glass alone, while cruising to a 113-93 victory.

Yes!  123-118 after 2 OTs.  We almost gave it away, went cold but we were able to come back and start clicking to finish this one off at home.  Hill had a double double and 6 players in double digits.  WTG Lakers.  Keep the wins coming. 

Guest MormonGator

I'm sorry they lost to NY. The worst team in the league. They aren't even that young, like Minnesota. Minnesota could be great in a few years if they stick together and gel. The Knicks? Well....