Lakers

Dr T

Guest MormonGator

As you have surely heard, the Patriots won the Super Bowl. I don't care, I'm totally agnostic about football. 

However, my buddies have been playfully teasing me because now the longest championship drought in Boston belongs to.....

My Celtics! For the first time in history! And they have the most championships in the city! 

:angry:

Guest MormonGator

The Lakers/Celtics are in a terrible position. Do they cash in the season (let's be honest, both teams have) for a high draft pick or do they try for an 8th seed, first round playoff exit? 

Will say this though-Brad Stevens will one day win a championship in the NBA. 

Guest MormonGator

Do you think Byron Scott is the man to lead them through the re-building? I'm not sure. I think he's a great coach who is actually underrated. That said, he's better with vets than young players. I don't know, I could be wrong. 

For the record, I don't think Stevens could coach a veteran team at this time in his career. He doesn't have the respect because he hasn't won at this level. Thoughts? 

Guest MormonGator

Laker scuttle ?? I hear if Durrant is a free agent and Oklahoma doesn't sign him then the Lakers are going after him ??

Thoughts ??

Brilliant idea for the Lakers. He's one of the best players in the game, hands down.  It's scary that he is only 26. He could be the next Tim Duncan. Which is really saying something. 

Guest MormonGator

Tell me about it....we here in St Louis still cry about him being gone. I think he chased the money and I think he regrets doing it. My opinion.

Your opinion is 100% correct, but it's a blessing in disguise. The blunt truth is that he is aging quick and is clearly not the same player he was even four years ago. Do you want the Cardinals to pay him 100 million (literally) at 40 years old? 

I was a huge fan of him during his Cardinals days. Without question one of the best hitters in history. Now he seems like a bitter old man with massive regrets. 

Your opinion is 100% correct, but it's a blessing in disguise. The blunt truth is that he is aging quick and is clearly not the same player he was even four years ago. Do you want the Cardinals to pay him 100 million (literally) at 40 years old? 

I was a huge fan of him during his Cardinals days. Without question one of the best hitters in history. Now he seems like a bitter old man with massive regrets.

His situation just proves to me that money cannot buy happiness.

Guest MormonGator

My boys will be playing yours soon. It's really, really sad that a Lakers-Celtics game is getting no hype or television coverage ,but I can't blame anyone. It's going to be awhile until both teams becomes relevant again.  :(

Guest MormonGator

I'm thankful the Celtics and Lakers are both playing like they want to win still. They haven't cashed it in yet like the Sixers or Knicks. 

Edited by MormonGator

Guest MormonGator

Gone are the days of Showtime and the great Lakers and Celtic rival

So true. They had a great restart of the rivalry during the Pierce/Garnett/Allen years. That was so much fun to watch. Brought a lot of fans back to basketball.