Lakers

Dr T

Guest MormonGator

Draft picks don't really matter unless they are in the top few, but I know what you mean. I'm probably being melodramatic. I am a huge Rondo fan and wish him nothing but the best in Dallas. 

I like Rondo too.  He will help Dallas.  

=======

Lakers lost by one 104-103 against OKC last night.  We could have closed it out with a win but it didn't happen.  They didnt even have KD.  We didn't win but there were some good pieces there.  We need to win

Guest MormonGator

I felt bad for the Lakers last night. That was a great game. 

I hope Dallas collapses so the draft picks will be higher. :-) 

Don't you think that it's usually only the top few picks that can contribute in the NBA? Yes, there are exceptions (Ironically Rondo being one of them). 

Most players drafted after the lottery don't make much of an impact. 

Guest MormonGator

And we just smacked by the Heat. First loss in a few games, I can take that. Marcus Smart looks good-not Rondo good, but few are. Maybe Ainge knew what he was talking about after all. 

I don't know much about Smart.  I hope he steps with the team and takes off for you guys.  We lost tonight to Sacramento 108-101 with 38% shooting and Kobe took a million shots.  This is not fun  :(  I thought I responded to your last post but don't see it on here so I must have not posted it before I logged off.  I do agree, the lower picks in the draft are often the ones that become hall of famers and the top drafts are usually become the stars.  

Guest MormonGator

Talk about busts-Remeber Adam Morrison? Some idiot thought he'd be a great player. That idiot was me. 

Point of pride though? I knew Greg Oden was going to flop. He had the body of a 88 year old at age 20. 

Edited by MormonGator

hahahahaha.  Yes I remember Morrison for those two years I think and not much from him.  Oden was a surprise I though he was going to be a big deal.

=======

Without Kobe last night against the best team in the NBA right now, Golden State.  We've often had trouble with them and this year they are great behind Curry.  We had 7 players scoring in double digits, 28 assists, and 42 rebounds.  Kobe did not shoot one time.  He wasn't even at Staples.  Come on Kobe needs to play as a team like we did last night and let everybody play.  We won that game 115-105.  They made a catch up 4th but not enough. WTG Lakers.  Keep playing like that!  I read yesterday Kobe has missed more shots than this year than Dallas has as a whole team.  I don't know it that's accurate but I tend to believe it.   

Lakers vs Bulls last night against Pau and Boozer's old team. We dropped it by 20. 20 :(. Kobe didn't play because of soreness. My thought was "maybe he didn't want to play to see if the Lakers would win again without him?" That way it takes a little pressure off of him?

===========

Tonight we had the Mavs. We again had multiple players, 5 of them in double digits. We has 3 double doubles and 63 rebounds. We lost which is not good but we lost by 4. Losing is bad no matter how u see it but 4 against Dallas with Rondo that is a good sign. Kobe didn't play again tonight.

We play the Suns again tonight. "Bryant shot just 33-for-113 (29.2 percent) in his final five games before given three off to rest." fro Lakers.com.   They are planing for Kobe to start reducing his minutes so I'm interesting in how he contributes today.  Will he be stronger, will his play improve, will he pass more, shoot too much, what will it be for him/us today?

Guest MormonGator

Usually waiver claims don't do much, after all, every other team passed on him. Did he go to KState or Kansas? 

I am not a fan of Dwight Howard in the least. I knew he'd never play with Kobe. 

Edited by MormonGator

Guest MormonGator

After getting blown out by the Pistons (!) of all teams, in another tantrum LeBron said he "might leave Cleveland after his contract is up".

Greatest player alive, but he is no Kobe Bryant, that's for sure. 

Guest MormonGator

No. He should stay. Karma. He left Cleveland in a classless way. He had every right to leave via free agency, but holding a press conference about it was so egotistical and just downright sleazy. 

I think LeBron is the best player in the game, and inarguably one of the best of all time. That said, I seem to lose respect for him every year he plays. 

He's like the cheating husband who goes back to the wife who loved him unconditionally for thirty years only to constantly tell her how much he likes other women better.  

Hee hee-you can tell I don't like him much. 

Lakers over Nuggets in Denver tonight 111-103 with 5 in double figures  Kobe played a great game with a triple double of 11 boards, 11 assists and 23 points.  Johnson had 16 on 6 of 10 and 4 of 7 3s, Hill had 12 pts, Price had 18 and Booz had 19.  Keep playing like this boys!  WTG Lakers!

Guest MormonGator

Shh...don't tell my buddies from New England, but since the Celtics are already in "mail it in for a high draft pick mode" I'm sort of rooting for the Lakers this season. 

Guest MormonGator

LeBron was caught on tape making comments to Wade about how they should "reunite" and "if this doesn't work we should see what we can do." 

Ouch. 

I know it's an industry and you have to care about the bottom line, but do you have to be vulgar about it? 

Edited by MormonGator

I thought I posted this on my iPad yesterday but it is not here now.   Basically I said I read about that yesterday or the day before how LBJ told Wade they will play together again or something like that.  I think the media often makes this more than they are, take something and run with it to make news.  We shall see

This info from here: http://www.nba.com/lakers/150102_10things Lakers vs. Grizzlies: 10 Things to Know (1/2/15)

joey_headshot.jpg?itok=hfAxxppI
by Joey Ramirez
Lakers.com Contributor
Posted: Jan 02, 2015

Here is what you need to know before the Lakers take on the Memphis Grizzlies.

1) The Lakers have been steaming from 3-point range in their last three games, shooting 17-for-34 (50.0 percent) from long distance. L.A. has also hit 44.3 percent of its 3’s over the last seven contests — a stark contrast to its 30.3 percent clip through the first 14 games of the season.

Lakers 3-point Shot Chart (Last Three Games)
shotchart_1420229822391.png

2) Ronnie Price has been feeling it lately, as the point guard is averaging 11.8 points, 5.0 assists and 2.0 steals in his last five games. He is also shooting 51.2 percent from the field and 50.0 percent on triples. During this stretch, he has once tied his career-high with 18 points and twice tied his season-best with eight assists.

3) Ryan Kelly will be back in the Lakers rotation against Memphis. The Duke alum has been out since Nov. 16 due to a torn hamstring.

4) Memphis’ Zach Randolph is listed as questionable for Friday’s game due to a sore right knee. Randolph, who has missed the Grizzlies’ last five games, leaves a sizable void, as he is grabbing the league’s fourth-most rebounds per game (11.4) and converts offensive boards into the NBA’s second-most second-chance points (4.6).

5) Marc Gasol is having a career season in which he leads his team in points (20.1), blocks (1.6) and minutes (35.0) per game. An adept passer, Gasol is also tied with Joakim Noah for the most assists among centers (3.8). However, Gasol’s biggest development has been as a scorer, as he entered this season with just one 30-point game in six years, and he has now reached that mark four times this season alone.

6) Mike Conley is shooting better than he ever has, recording career-highs from the field (46.5 percent) and 3-point range (43.3). The eight-year pro has also passed with efficiency, as he is averaging 6.0 assists and the second-most secondary assists (1.9) in the league.

7) Courtney Lee has been one of the league’s top long-range weapons, shooting a 49.4 percent clip on 3-pointers that ranks fourth in the league. Lee’s shooting has been deadly no matter the spot, as he is shooting a career-high 49.4 percent from the field, and leads the Grizzlies by shooting 89.6 percent at the free throw line.

8) Long known as a formidable perimeter defender, Tony Allen is creating turnovers better than anyone else in the league, as shown by his NBA-best 4.1 steal percentage. The 11-year veteran is also fourth in steals with a career-high 2.0 per game, and ranks second in steal-to-turnover ratio (1.4).

9) Led by Allen, the Grizzlies have been among the league’s best at controlling the turnover battle. Memphis ranks third in turnover differential, forcing opponents to commit 2.4 more per game than it does. Meanwhile, the Grizzlies remain strong even when they do turn it over, as they surrender the second-fewest points off turnovers (12.9) per game.

10) Memphis’ offense elevates during close games*. In these situations, the Grizzlies are 14-6 and averaging a league-high 11.3 during the final five minutes. They are also grabbing the second-most rebounds (4.6) and dishing out the most assists (2.4).

*Five-point differential or less within the final five minutes of a game.

Last night vs. the Grizz, we played well first two quarters and we let them climb back in in the third and at the end we were right there.  It was a one point game and difference of opinion on fouling at the end, Kobe had a three on its way for the tie but it was just off.  In the end it was 109-106 Memphis :(