Lakers

Dr T

Lakers.com told us

The Los Angeles Lakers have hired Kurt Rambis and Johnny Davis as assistant coaches. The pair will join Lakers assistant coach Dan D’Antoni, who returns from last season, in addition to Mark Madsen and Larry Lewis, who were hired earlier as player development coaches.

• 3 weeks later...

Lakers from Lakersland:

Lakers Sign Elias Harris

The Lakers have signed forward Elias Harris to a multi-year contract. Harris, a two-time All-West Coast Conference Team selection out of Gonzaga University, helped the Bulldogs to a 32-3 record in 2012-13 and the school’s first No. 1 national ranking, averaging 14.6 points, 7.4 rebounds, 1.2 steals and 27.8 minutes in 34 games.

• 3 weeks later...

Below from Lakers.com

The Los Angeles Lakers have signed free agent forward Shawne Williams. The six-year NBA veteran out of Memphis was originally selected by the Indiana Pacers in the first round (17th overall) of the 2006 NBA Draft and has appeared in 215 career games (23 starts) for the Pacers, Dallas Mavericks, New York Knicks and New Jersey Nets.

newest addition for Lakers

TheLakers have signed free agent guard Xavier Henry. The three-year NBA veteran was early entry candidate for the 2010 NBA Draft following his freshman season at Kansas, selected by the Memphis Grizzlies in the first round (12th overall pick) of the 2010 NBA Draft before being traded to New Orleans in January of 2012.

• 2 weeks later...

Lakers announced

The Los Angeles Lakers have signed forward Marcus Landry, the team announced today. Per team policy, terms of the agreement were not released.

Landry, a 6-foot-7 forward out of Wisconsin, has spent time over the past three years with the Maine Red Claws and Reno Bighorns of the NBA Development League and internationally with teams in Spain, China, Venezuela and Puerto Rico. During his two seasons (2010-11 and 2012-13) with the Bighorns, Landry played in 84 games (83 starts) averaging 16.9 points, 4.6 rebounds and 1.6 assists in 36.0 minutes.

Signing with the New York Knicks as an undrafted rookie free agent in 2009, Landry played for both the Knicks and Boston Celtics during the 2009-10 campaign, averaging 2.4 points and 1.1 rebounds in 6.1 minutes over 18 games.

The Milwaukee native and younger brother of NBA veteran Carl Landry was most recently a member of the 2013 Lakers summer league team, for which he played in all five games (four starts) and averaged 15.2 points and 4.2 rebounds in 26.5 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

Preseason is only a time to look at the team. Here are a couple positive things:

In Ontario on Saturday, Xavier Henry scored 29 points off the bench to help the Lakers earn a 104-95 win over the Warriors in the first preseason game for both teams. Nick Young scored all 17 of his points in the first half and Chris Kaman finished with a double-double.

quote from Lakers.com

The Los Angeles Lakers host the Denver Nuggets tonight at the Citizens Business Bank Arena in Ontario, CA. Tip-off is at 7:00pm PT. You can watch on Time Warner Cable SportsNet, Time Warner Cable Deportes and NBATV or listen on 710 ESPNLA and 1330 AM ESPN Deportes.

We lost to them 97-88 last night. It's ok, it is preseason we are feeling things out. Pau and Nash played last night

Last nights rematch preseason game:

Pau Gasol had 14 points and eight rebounds Tuesday as the Lakers led big and then had to rally for a 90-88 preseason win over the Nuggets in Ontario. Steve Blake had 16 points, Chris Kaman (12 points) and Jordan Hill (12 rebounds).

We often struggle with the Warriors. :(

The Los Angeles Lakers lost to the Golden State Warriors 100-95 in preseason action from Beijing, China. Nick Young led the way with 18 points and Chris Kaman was strong with 10 rebounds. The Lakers will next fly to Shanghai, China to play the Warriors on Friday at 4:30am PT.

• 2 weeks later...

Lakers 4-4 preseason. It was nice that we walked away with some wins more importantly though is we had time to play together to get a feel for how my Lakers will look this season. We have our first real game Tuesday vs the Clips. We lost all four games to them last season. Kobe will not play the opening game but I'm ready for this season to roll out. :)

• 1 month later...

Hello all. This 13-14 season saw the return of Kobe Bryant to the floor following his ruptured achilles tendon that put him out for 8 months of surgery and rehab. He signed another astronomical deal with my boys who were playing pretty well. They payed him WAY too much imo. We have Nash out, Farmar out, a bunch of new guys, Pau not happy and there is talk of trading him, and Kobe has played 3 games so far this season and we lost each game. Kobe has had a fantastic career see here

but my question, is he hurting or helping the team being back on the floor right now? Last night against the Thunder he had 4 points. 4 points for the Mamba? We have a LONG way to go for anything close to an NBA challenger and I'm highly doubting, at this point, getting out of the west as a challenger. I will be faithful to my team. They are my team and I wish us well but paying Kobe that much money when he should be coming off the bench with much fewer minutes and getting back in shape before he gets back pout there to be successful as he has in the past and not getting more injuries is yet to be seen. Thoughts?

• 1 month later...

Exactly Pale. We have our work cut out for us. I can't believe the Pacers and how well they are playing. Then all the West teams are great as usual. We were demolished by the Clippers last week for the biggest lost we've ever had. My mom is a Clippers fan-she LOVED that game. :(

"Healthy bodies have been quite difficult to find on the court for the Lakers this season, and that trend continued at Wednesday’s session in Miami in which Mike D’Antoni didn’t have enough guys available to play 5-on-5" quote from lakers.com