Lakers

Dr T

Guest Godless
3 hours ago, MormonGator said:

So Wade left Miami. I'm not sure this was a good move for him, but it's a much worse move for the Bulls. Like it or not Wade is very close to being good in name only. I don't like saying that because I do like the guy and think he was actually a bit underrated in his career (looking back)-but this is a foolish move. 

The Bulls look great on paper-in 2011. 

It's a head-scratcher, but far from the worst move we've seen. Rose/Noah to the Knicks was a terrible decision. NY just got the two most expensive benchwarmers in the NBA. And I don't know why any team would give money to Dwight Howard. He's been practically irrelevant for years. I think that, with some help, Wade could do some good things for the Bulls. 

Guest MormonGator
17 minutes ago, Godless said:

It's a head-scratcher, but far from the worst move we've seen. Rose/Noah to the Knicks was a terrible decision. NY just got the two most expensive benchwarmers in the NBA. And I don't know why any team would give money to Dwight Howard. He's been practically irrelevant for years. I think that, with some help, Wade could do some good things for the Bulls. 

We agree on this, for sure. Dwight Howard to the Hawks? This is his fourth team. Maybe he is the problem and not the team. He's vastly talented but a coach killer and a locker room nightmare. No one likes this guy. 

Derrick Rose will get you nowhere. The Knicks again made a really stupid decision. 

I don't think Wade will help the Bulls at all. He's lost a step and he'll have to deal with a totally new environment. I hope you are right because I do like him.  

• 2 weeks later...

NBA had made big changes.  Yeah your right MG, GSW appears to be a super team with KD going there.  I like how they play, moving the ball, working as a team, shooting for EVERYWHERE and KD is just KD!  We'll see what happens.  I have been watching my boys play in summer league and they started off well.  We just lost our last two in the second round and we have some good things that I see but they are a bunch of young pups.  They feel comfortable though, Larry Nance Jr sprained his wrist.  We have a new big kid Zubac who likes to do with Zlocker   :)  He likes to play like Gasol.  We have out work cut out for us and I am happy to see us grow.

Guest MormonGator
1 hour ago, Dr T said:

NBA had made big changes.  Yeah your right MG, GSW appears to be a super team with KD going there.  I like how they play, moving the ball, working as a team, shooting for EVERYWHERE and KD is just KD!  We'll see what happens.  I have been watching my boys play in summer league and they started off well.  We just lost our last two in the second round and we have some good things that I see but they are a bunch of young pups.  They feel comfortable though, Larry Nance Jr sprained his wrist.  We have a new big kid Zubac who likes to do with Zlocker   :)  He likes to play like Gasol.  We have out work cut out for us and I am happy to see us grow.

The foundations are there for a good future for your guys. Please don't take this the wrong way but I think the Lakers need to do the same thing the Celtics are doing. 

• 2 weeks later...

I do not take that in the wrong way at all.  I agree and we do have a good core to build from.  In Lakers land I keep hearing, trade the young core for Russell or Cousins or a player like that.  My opinion is to wait on that.  Let our young players grow together.  I am from LA and I expect to be contender or win the whole thing ever year which is obviously not possible but that has been my expectation over the years.  We are winners BUT that does not mean we need to rush it.  We will not be contenders this year and that is just a fact from what I see from were we are at this point.  I am a fan, I have my boys back.  If we want to talk Russell apart, from from his attitude which I do not like, yes he is a good player AND we can wait it out for the following year when he is a free agent.  Cousins is from LA but he is a thug.  I saw, just be patient with my boys, learn how to play as a team, get comfortable on the court with one another and then watch the championships pile up from there.  GO LAKERS!  How are your boys looking MG?

Guest MormonGator
On July 29, 2016 at 0:17 PM, Dr T said:

I do not take that in the wrong way at all.  I agree and we do have a good core to build from.  In Lakers land I keep hearing, trade the young core for Russell or Cousins or a player like that.  My opinion is to wait on that.  Let our young players grow together.  I am from LA and I expect to be contender or win the whole thing ever year which is obviously not possible but that has been my expectation over the years.  We are winners BUT that does not mean we need to rush it.  We will not be contenders this year and that is just a fact from what I see from were we are at this point.  I am a fan, I have my boys back.  If we want to talk Russell apart, from from his attitude which I do not like, yes he is a good player AND we can wait it out for the following year when he is a free agent.  Cousins is from LA but he is a thug.  I saw, just be patient with my boys, learn how to play as a team, get comfortable on the court with one another and then watch the championships pile up from there.  GO LAKERS!  How are your boys looking MG?

We're doing okay. I have to admit though that I wish Danny Ainge would stop teasing us. Don't get me wrong, Horford is a very good player, but I sort of expected more. He (Ainge) has been selling fans on "big trades". I shouldn't complain, it's not like he isn't trying. 

What do you think of Durant going to the Warriors? Athletes are in a catch-22. If he stayed in OKC, he would be accused of not wanting to win. If he goes to Golden State, he's following the money and jumping on the bandwagon. Which is it? A bit of both, I think. 

Yeah, it is a both of both IMO too.  He is a very good player, I waned him badly but he can earn a championship and that would be nice for him.  GSW are playing how basketball is supposed to be played.  I will say I like how he did it over LB James though.  He is a star, they were close this past year but maybe he got fed up.  He did a lot for OKC imo.  They need to sell tickets so I understand.  I am surprised that you said that.  I would think he would be a good addition.  I think Horford is very good.

Guest MormonGator
14 hours ago, Dr T said:

Yeah, it is a both of both IMO too.  He is a very good player, I waned him badly but he can earn a championship and that would be nice for him.  GSW are playing how basketball is supposed to be played.  I will say I like how he did it over LB James though.  He is a star, they were close this past year but maybe he got fed up.  He did a lot for OKC imo.  They need to sell tickets so I understand.  I am surprised that you said that.  I would think he would be a good addition.  I think Horford is very good.

Eh, you know me. I'm just a demanding Celtics fan at heart! LOL. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest MormonGator
19 hours ago, Dr T said:

Ron Artest signed with my boys yesterdsay 

As a player? He's extremely underrated. But do you really want him teaching the young guys how to play and act off the court? No way. 

• 2 months later...

Hello all. I have been unable to post on my iPad and my computer died. I have been pleased with my young team this year so far. We r not contenders yest bit there is some promise for the future. This year I am not going to say, We are going to take the whole thing" but I would encourage you all to watch the Lakers play. They will be good as they learn to play with each other. GO LAKERS!

Guest MormonGator
16 hours ago, Dr T said:

Hello all. I have been unable to post on my iPad and my computer died. I have been pleased with my young team this year so far. We r not contenders yest bit there is some promise for the future. This year I am not going to say, We are going to take the whole thing" but I would encourage you all to watch the Lakers play. They will be good as they learn to play with each other. GO LAKERS!

Dude! I've missed you! Wondered what your thoughts were on the season! Glad to see you! 

On 11/27/2016 at 7:46 PM, Godless said:

Your win against GS was very impressive. It's interesting to see how much the Lakers have been able to grow without Kobe on the payroll.

Thanks I'll take it Godless :)  Yeah, one of the huge things we can do now, without Kobe, is play like a team, share the ball and play basketball like it ought to be played. Basketball is a team sport not a one man show. Lake-show!

Edited by Dr T

Hey Gator thanks. I have wanted to get on for along time to post about my boys. I have really enjoyed how we have played.  I think there is a lot of good Luke brings and we have some young talent that will do something but we r not there yet.   We have something special to foster in these young bucks.  I can hardly wait to see what we can do. I am not going to bite off more than we can chew yet but I am enjoying what I see. It is good to be back. 

Guest MormonGator
16 hours ago, Dr T said:

Hey Gator thanks. I have wanted to get on for along time to post about my boys. I have really enjoyed how we have played.  I think there is a lot of good Luke brings and we have some young talent that will do something but we r not there yet.   We have something special to foster in these young bucks.  I can hardly wait to see what we can do. I am not going to bite off more than we can chew yet but I am enjoying what I see. It is good to be back. 

Yeah you guys have a good foundation for sure. You aren't there yet (not telling you anything you don't already know of course) but with a couple veteran additions I can see you making noise in a few years. 

Guest MormonGator
1 hour ago, Dr T said:

We got pounded last night by New Orleans.  I don't really like Nick Young's character but he has been playing better this year. He hurt his achillies tendon last night and will be out 2 to 4 weeks. 

I sound old fashioned when I say this but I still think character matters. You don't want a bunch of punks on your team. 

Thoughts, @Godless? Your Spurs are full of great high character guys who consistently win. 

Guest MormonGator
10 hours ago, Dr T said:

We took one from the Bulls tonight. I like it O'lot. Keep it up boys. 

I was rooting for you guys last night. I'm not buying the Bulls or Knicks hype. Teams are too old. 

Guest Godless
15 hours ago, MormonGator said:

I sound old fashioned when I say this but I still think character matters. You don't want a bunch of punks on your team. 

Thoughts, @Godless? Your Spurs are full of great high character guys who consistently win. 

Yes, character is critical, as is selflessness. The reason the Spurs didn't miss a beat with the retirement of Duncan is because he took a significant pay cut about 4-5 years ago to allow the team to build a winning franchise in preparation for his retirement (and Manu's, and Tony's). I think the Lakers could have saved themselves a lot of heartache if Kobe had done the same rather than being the highest paid player in the NBA long after he was past his prime. The thing that sets the Spurs apart is that players don't come here to be the richest basketball players, they come here to be part of the best organization in the NBA. Our front office has no interest in money-seekers. David West took a pay cut to play for us last year. Lebron would have been a great fit in our system, but there's no way we'd ever pay him the figures he expects. 

Edited by Godless