I don't want to be Christian

Elgama

Hemi, your thought is an excellent starting point. Yet folk do this, and claim to hear different things. So, we go to our Scriptures to either confirm or reconsider what we believe the Spirit has told us.

Yes! So true my friend. PC, I had witnessed this many times from different people throughout my global journey. Many of them will state, they heard the voice of Christ or GOD but a common theme or pattern I always seemed to piece together, did they test the Spirit on whether it was indeed the Master speaking to them? We are told in the church, we allow ‘to test’ those waters to validate if it was truly Him that was speaking. Now, speaking from one who will at times, ask those who had that visitation, whether by voice or by hearing, whether or not they first felt the Holy Ghost prior to hearing or seeing the Master. As you already stated, I would ask them to turn to the scriptures of those accounts, to see if they follow the same pattern.

PC, as you may know already, I do believe a lot of the world problems lies in whether we actually test the prophets or claimed religious leaders of the faith. I for one would seek out the Spirit if this person was called of GOD. Then, I would wait for the answer before following that man to my grave. Many faithful followers of various beliefs are duped daily, to put it in simple terms, but do not test the claimed clergy on whether they do speak for the Master.

Now, it is not by voice that I was referring too, but being a recipient witness of the Godhead by physical sight in disapproving or approving this Trinity theory. Can we achieve what Paul did on the road to Damascus? Can we achieve the same as Alma the Younger when He saw GOD and the Savior? Are we lesser than those who are called Prophets? No! We can achieve these same visions and dreams as those preceded us that are called prophets.

The question is whether or not; we have the faith to overcome the world cultured teachings in proving out that GOD lives for our own eyes. :D

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic