"Our Song"

Wingnut

What's your song? With your spouse. Do you have a song? Is it the song you had your first dance to at your wedding (or reception)? Or did you have to pick a different song? For example, my and my husband's song is "I Love You" by Martina McBride. Not a very good beat to slow dance to, so for our wedding reception we chose to dance to "Valentine" (also by Martina McBride).

I'd like to hear what songs you all had (or have) with your spouses. And if you're not married, share a really good song that you've had with a significant other.

If we had a song, it would be "All Star" by Smash Mouth.

Somebody once asked could I spare some change for gas

I need to get myself away from this place

I said yep what a concept

I could use a little fuel myself

And we could all use a little change

Actually, it would be "Do you Love me?" from Fiddler on the Roof.

(Tevye) - But do you love me?

(Golde) - Do I love him?

For twenty-five years I've lived with him. Fought him, starved with him. Twenty-five years my bed is his, If that's not love, what is?

(Tevye) - Then you love me?

(Golde) - I suppose I do

(Tevye) - And I suppose I love you too

(Both) - It change a thing, but even so... After twenty-five years, it's nice to know.

Guest SisterofJared

We had two, I guess.

Our song has always been "The Happiest Girl in the Whole USA." by Donna Fargo. It was a big hit when we were dating, and we made it our anthem.

Our wedding song was just that, "Wedding Song" by Paul Songer. Anyway, I think his name was Paul Songer. Paul somebody or other, anyway. Got married in 1972, and we still hug and kiss when we hear either of our songs.

SoJ