High School Years

Palerider

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I have noticed in returning to my H.S. reunions? Many of the ones that you would have thought would be successful, were not. Many that were strong in the church during High School, have become very inactive, Many of the ones that you would have thought would end up in jail, turned out to be highly succesful and are very active. The Lord works in mysterious ways.

Many of us have been led back on the straight and narrow path by marrying a good woman. At least that is my story.

Guest TheLutheran

I grew up in an All-American small town where I graduated 4th in my class, started working at the local jewelry store at 14, played the flute and was a cheerleader. I'm the youngest (2 older brothers) and my dad bought a '66 Mustang in about '73 and painted it fire engine red. This was THE perfect kid car since our high school mascot was the mustang and our school colors were red and white.

To my SHEER HORROR, he sold the car after my brothers graduated high school and just before I got my driver's license. It was replaced with a mustard-colored Dodge Dart Swinger. I never recovered . . . . but I did learn that driving in reverse would roll the miles OFF the odometer. My parents gave me a mileage allowance when I went out. I drove all over the place but always allotted enough time to drive around the high school parking lot backwards for a while. Man . . . did I get dizzy! :sunny:

True story.........When I was 16yrs old I came home from school one day and my Dad was waiting for me. He said, I want to talk to you, in your room. I was trying to remember what I did and where I went over the last few days and if someone might have seen me and called him etc.

He told me that my older brother was in serious trouble. He opened a buisness and made a deal with some people to pass fake money around. Anyway he got busted and they shut the buisness down. He owned a Bar and the Police raided that place.

My Dad told me these were the kind of people that liked to get even by going after family members and my Dad was scared I might be a target. He told me I had to be aware of my surroundings at all times. Always look over my shoulder and always make sure I wasn't being followed while I was driving my car. He also said always look around your car and inside of it. He told me if I thought I was being followed to do etc...

That freaked me out and took me awhile to recover from that.