High School Years

Palerider

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SisterofJared

I never made dry ice bombs in high school. But I used to take my teenager out to make them. LOL. My nephew taught us, and it was great fun. In Phoenix once we made several and threw them in a field and oh my gosh did we get out of there quick when they went off a little more loudly than expected.... the whole neighborhood came running and we had just pulled away when the cops arrived. LOL.

There really is no recipe.... get some dry ice, some empty soda bottles and some soda water. Chip the dry ice into pieces, fill the bottom with them, pour some soda water in, and then quickly put the cap on tight. Shake it up and throw it. You'll get a good explosion.

They're fun to throw in the river, cause a nice splash when they explode.

We had a stickup in our High School.

One of my high school friends sneaked into the girls restroom and covered the toilet seats with clear Kayro Syrup. The boys thought it was hilarious when the screams started, the girls thought it was awful. The Principal was not pleased but never did find out who really done it.

We used to take a wallet or a purse...tie some clear fishing wire to it and put the wallet or purse out in the middle of the road. The string was long enough for us to hold the other end and go hide in some bushes. When someone would stop to get the item...just as they were about to reach for it...we'd yank the string. Scared the beejeebers out of people. The funny one was...a person stopped, got the purse into their car...and started down the road. The tire had stopped on the wire. But just a few feet...car stopped..door opened..and the purse was thrown out of the car.

I only ditched on Senior Ditch day. Which of course was unofficial. We still had to have a note from our parents why we missed school. I think I was sick that day. As well as about 300 other kids.

Guest Godless

My high school was called "Meade Senior High". The sign in front of the school had movable letters for some reason. I guess they were too cheap for a real sign.

Anyway, as a senior prank, a few of my friends (I wasn't involved in this, I swear) re-arranged/removed the letters to spell "Weed High". Sad thing is, that name fits the school perfectly.

:angel: Although I was an Angel in High School :D I was involved in most of the following , some my older brother was the instigator of..

Driving around with a bloddy arm hanging out of trunk in town where we drove the gut, by Taco Bell and the movie theaters...

Tp' ing the Stake Presidents and the Bishops house...... had to help clean it up :}

Playing kick the can for hours and capture the flag depending where we were.

Insisting on joining the Boy Scouts didn't work but later became a cubscout leader :}

Skinned a rattlesnake at girls camp cooked and ate it.. :}

Tipped over a outhouse at girls camp

We had a rowdy but awsome group of kids

Guest TheLutheran

This high school prank happened just a couple of years ago when our 3 farmer's daughters were all still in high school. Our lane is 3/4 mile long but that didn't stop a marauding band of boys from classically tp-ing our house, yard, shop, equipment, trees, etc. (They were smart -- brought doggie treats to bribe the outdoor burglar alarm.) It sprinkled that night too which made the next day's clean-up especially difficult.

In short order the girls figured out the culprits (the LDS neighbor, his LDS cousins and all the rest of the hoods [j/k] from the local ward). Their revenge? In addition to publishing a flyer with pics of all the tp and a caption "It's 3:00 A.M. . . . do you know where your boys are? We do!!" which they sent to the boys' parents, the girls signed the boys up for Fredericks of Hollywood catalogs. Oh man . . . were they in big trouble with their parents -- most likely cuz they raided the preparedness storage for the 2-ply. :sunny:

In high school, we would super glue coins to the side walk. Then we would sit on a near by bench and laugh as people walking by would stop and try to pick them up.

I spent my first two years of High School in Seoul Korea and the last two in Honolulu, Hi.

Sounds like you had an interesting childhood living in different places. I have lived in Honolulu myself. Two of my kids were born there.

Have you ever lived in Europe or the Middle East? I'm always jealous of those that have as I would love to visit those places. Mainly Europe though.