Jesus is coming? Look busy.

Lost_one

Ok this is a what if thread.

Heres the situation. An angel has just come to you and has given you some insider info. Jesus is coming in one year, thats in 365 days time.

So now you know. What would you do with the information? What would you do on a personal level? What about you family and friends or even your community?

Im sure, unlike me, you would not be breaking out in a cold sweat and thinking your doomed. :P

In all seriousness. I wouldnt change what im doing. Im not perfect, far from it infact. Which is kinda my point. If i suddenly started working really hard to be a good christian, i would be doing it for the wrong reasons. I would be doing it out of fear. I feel that, that would be a step backwards. I would continue to make progress at my own pace. I may not get as far as i would get through fear, but at least it would be all me. I want to progress through love of my Heavenly father, not fear of what judgement awaits me. I will be judged fairly and will accept that judgement with love in my heart and praise for my lord on my lips. Even if im walking into hell.

One thing i would do however, is try to be more missionary minded. Knowing that i only have 1 year to save those i love, would drive me to stop making excuses and just get it done.

Ok, your turn.

One thing i would do however, is try to be more missionary minded. Knowing that i only have 1 year to save those i love, would drive me to stop making excuses and just get it done.

Ok, your turn.

"When the gospel is preached to the spirits in prison, the success attending that preaching will be far greater than that attending the preaching of our elders in this life. I believe there will be very few indeed of those spirits who will not gladly receive the gospel when it is carried to them. The circumstances there will be a thousand times more favorable."-- Lorenzo Snow

"I tell you that when the prophets and apostles go to preach to those who are shut up in prison, thousands of them will embrace the Gospel. They know more in that world than they do here." [1] -- Wilford Woodruff

Better shot in the afterlife.

Heres the situation. An angel has just come to you and has given you some insider info. Jesus is coming in one year, thats in 365 days time.

So now you know. What would you do with the information? What would you do on a personal level? What about you family and friends or even your community?

Im sure, unlike me, you would not be breaking out in a cold sweat and thinking your doomed. :P

In all seriousness. I wouldnt change what im doing. Im not perfect, far from it infact. Which is kinda my point. If i suddenly started working really hard to be a good christian, i would be doing it for the wrong reasons. I would be doing it out of fear. I feel that, that would be a step backwards. I would continue to make progress at my own pace. I may not get as far as i would get through fear, but at least it would be all me. I want to progress through love of my Heavenly father, not fear of what judgement awaits me. I will be judged fairly and will accept that judgement with love in my heart and praise for my lord on my lips. Even if im walking into hell.

Ok, your turn.

i guess i'd have to stop being a buddhist in a big hurry!

Ok, your turn.

"Im not perfect"

When you accepted Jesus as your savior you were made perfect in Gods eye. We are all wretched but with the blood of the lamb we are cleaned.

"Knowing that i only have 1 year to save those i love"

You do not save anyone, Jesus saves, the glory is Gods.

You must have faith in Jesus. When you accept Jesus as your savior your sins are removed from past present and future. God knows all your sins from birth to death. Have faith that when you do this you are saved. God does not want you to worry about this. You can relax that you are loved and saved. Now you can plant seeds but Jesus will do the saving. I hope this helps, Jim

Ok, your turn.

If an angel shows up; in most cases it is as a warning that changes need to be made. I am not aware of any cases where there was no change needed. If an angel shows up - I think I will have an attitude to change anything suggested.

The Traveler

If Jesus is coming we better do more than look busy ... we better be busy. As excited as I am about His coming I have way to much to do. Like the country song say ... we all want to go to heaven ... just not today ... please!

The title comes from an old t-shirt design. Its supposed to be funny. But i agree, we should be busy. Although my point was that we should be busy anyway. We should treat every year like Jesus is coming. Everyday infact. We should be busy because we love God and our fellow men, not because of fear.

@Bodhigirlsmiles: In some cases, budists can be far more christian, than alot of christians. Budda taught very similar principals to Jesus. Peace and love are universal teachings by wise men, it would seem. I wonder why? ;)

thing is Jesus is already here and with us.

_Charley

Really? Why didnt someone tell me? Ive been doing so many bad things. I thought i had more time. Im not going to panic, im not going to panic. Ok John, breath. Thats better. What were you saying again? Oh yes, Jesus is here. Aaaaaaaagh! Runs into a dark corner, curls up and rocks slowly back and forth. :P

Just incase your wondering. I did understand what you ment and agree with you, But i was talking about the second coming and judgement.

Not if the LDS are right. Some of the "stricter" Christian denomination and we are all screwed.

"Not if the LDS are right. Some of the "stricter" Christian denomination and we are all screwed"

...and the Light shined in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. What is it about the cross you do not understand. It is "done". Live in peace. Relax. You either believe or you do not. Which one is it. Jim

"Not if the LDS are right. Some of the "stricter" Christian denomination and we are all screwed"

...and the Light shined in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. What is it about the cross you do not understand. It is "done". Live in peace. Relax. You either believe or you do not. Which one is it. Jim

As LDS we believe we are to be anxiously engaged in a good cause. So to take a page from your book "Relax. You either believe or you do not. Which one is it." or Believe and work to move the work of the Lord forward ... find the 1 that has strayed ... love your brother ... ease the suffering ... bear each others burdens .... Which one is it???

So little time so much to do .... I think I will serve the Lord as a sign of my gratitude.

Guest Alana

I'd do the old handshake test. Once this angel put it's hand out but I felt nothing I'd be like 'whew! You're not an angel of the Lord but of the deceiver!" Then I'd think 'Oh no, if this bad angel wants me to think I have a year to prepare, it must be even sooner.'

Also the phrase 'run around like a chicken with it's head cut off' comes to mind.