What do you think of the website Mormon.org?

Heather

Because it is meant to answer very basic questions of what we believe I think it does a good job of it. The website to me is very plain...but sometimes I think that's what we need. Especially for investigators looking for answers. It being perhaps the first website that they come across when searching the internet.

Quite interesting. Looks like you have to register to interact -- that's a bit of a downer for a casual browser.

Actually I kind of like that. Some people who are only going to attack/criticize etc..might be just a little less hesitant if they have to provide that info before the interaction.

But I do understand your point. It might also turn people away having to provide that information.

I like the site and spent a great deal of time watching the videos, and to me as an investigator were probably the best part of the site. A woman in one of the videos said some things that particularly resonated with me. You could porbably guess which one if you've watched the videos.

In terms of the visual style- I think I liked the style the previous version of the website had... the current white black and gold color palate is kinda bland. Also, it would be nice if there were some way to view all the videos from a single person- like the person I mentioned above- without having to dig through every subcategory on the site.

I was curious what people thought of the look, feel, and design of Mormon.org - Home

The minimalist design is excellent, as its simplicity makes it possible for the reader to glance at the page and immediately see items that interest him. If he is engaged, he will go to those places, which is exactly what you want.

Additionally, the site is very easy to navigate, which will continue to keep the reader engaged.

The combination of significant white space and crisp artwork, along with perfect font sizes, makes the site both functional and elegant.

I do have some other comments, but I’m going to send them to you in a PM. Edit: I decided I talk too much so I'm not going to say anything else.

Elphaba

Edited by Elphaba

I think its ok, but what i really think is absolutely wonderfull is the "our stories" section with personal testimonies. Some times when feeling weak, i go there and watch testimonies to completely change my day. :)

Awesome :) I remember the first time I saw those videos thinking "I wish I had that..."

Seriously.... think about the kind of internet connection they must have to pull that off....

Someone was telling me the other day that when someone requests a BOM from the website, the mission where the person is requesting it will receive notification within about 15min- and will sometimes have some missionaries delivering a BOM that same day. This is just what I was told, so I can't say for sure "this is how it works..." but from a technological standpoint, it's entirely possible. :)

Someone was telling me the other day that when someone requests a BOM from the website, the mission where the person is requesting it will receive notification within about 15min- and will sometimes have some missionaries delivering a BOM that same day. This is just what I was told, so I can't say for sure "this is how it works..." but from a technological standpoint, it's entirely possible. :)

Many times I am told that is very much how it has happened a number of times.

I guess if you are on the West coast and I am further East, like Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy, East,it works out quite well.:P

Bro. Rudick

Actually I kind of like that. Some people who are only going to attack/criticize etc..might be just a little less hesitant if they have to provide that info before the interaction.

But I do understand your point. It might also turn people away having to provide that information.

From my perspective if I am investigating a religion that a lot of people make fun of I am usually pretty hesitant to put any information. I guess one could put false info though. :P For a long time (1 year) I was afraid to request a BOM for fear of missionarys stalking me. :rolleyes: I am so ridiculous sometimes.

For a long time (1 year) I was afraid to request a BOM for fear of missionarys stalking me. :rolleyes: I am so ridiculous sometimes.

oh my gosh, i'm not alone. We can be "mormon.org fake info" buddies.

What a way to start off church membership eh? By lying about who and where you're from...

Thankfully baptism follows the lie ^_^

I miss a picture of Jesus there... after all many think we dont believe in him and if they see his picture on teh site... it might feel abit more home. The text on the left... could maybe be a bit bigger :D

I like the way the videoes are sat there. Looks neet and clean.. need to go wash my hands...

I sometimes need the articles of faith... and I cant find them here... I tried twice... last time I found them somewhere but not today...

I like the texts. Good work.

I hope the sighn in can be done fast... otherways I agree with Pam here, but Jasmine ahs a point. At least where I come from... everyone is scared to put their name or anything anywhere... even afraid in klicking to the site as they think we will give cokies to them or something terrible! I hope they are shocholate cip ones! It si amazing what people think and what they believe about us!

:)

???:confused:

Please elaborate.

Bro. Rudick

To even "talk" to a missionary online you have a to provide information about yourself, something I didn't want to do at that point in time, so I provided bogus information. This is the lie I was refering to. The part about baptism was a joke- many folks in my ward were joking about the (bad/sinful) things I should do leading up to the days of my baptism since everything would be "washed away"