The Veil

pam

They have the same appetites and desires

Not to take away LM from your wonderful comment..I just had a moment of thought. I sure hope they have cookies in heaven because my dad had quite the appetite for them and desired them all the time.

Okay I have a question. I know I know I've been a member all my life but that doesn't mean I know everything.

This has come up since my father passed a way a few days ago. I know we can't remember the preexistence. But when someone passes, is there also a veil there to where they can't remember their life on earth? I honestly can't remember any teachings on this.

Please don't think me totally ignorant..it's just something that came to mind tonight.

I understand we are able to participate in comunication with our loved ones for a short while; {for consolation} after that it will be only in temples ordinances, and other instances when it is needed, but we canott "stay" hear all the time. Your father knows where he is and he knows you are greiving and love him very much, he will be allowed to help you if it needs to be; the reason i know these things is from experiance.:)

My grandmother died when I was only 6 years old but I remember the warmth of her hugs and the wonderful way she smelled...it was a combination of lilac, vanilla and something even sweeter..

When I was 45 my dad died. I had my arms around him and as he drew his last breath I smelled lilac, vanilla and something even sweeter.