Catholics offended by Obama nomination

bytor2112

Guest Godless

William Donahue, president of the Catholic League, said the appointment of Knox further undermines a faith-based program that has been watered down by Obama.

People still take that man seriously???

I'm finding that there are more and more people who were Pro-Obama are now becoming disenchanted with him. This happens with all Presidents but it seems that the higher the pedastal the farther you fall.

There was a pic I received in an email from a friend. The story with is was a woman who was upset with Obama because he hasn't kept his promise to pay her mortgage. She took her pants off and was standing on top of a pay phone and vowed to stay there until he kept his promises. :eek:

applepansy

I'm finding that there are more and more people who were Pro-Obama are now becoming disenchanted with him. This happens with all Presidents but it seems that the higher the pedastal the farther you fall.

There was a pic I received in an email from a friend. The story with is was a woman who was upset with Obama because he hasn't kept his promise to pay her mortgage. She took her pants off and was standing on top of a pay phone and vowed to stay there until he kept his promises. :eek:

applepansy

I don't recall him ever promising to pay mortgages. I remember him saying he'd try to find a way to help people keep their houses...Not quite the same thing lol.

Guys, c'mon...

Voting for a guy to be President of the United States and choosing a guy to speak at Notre Dame are two completely different things! They require completely different resumes!

The main objection to Obama speaking at Notre Dame is his support for abortion, embryonic stem cell research, and other anti-fetus-related positions - completely against a major Catholic principle.

These qualities are only a small percentage of what makes a President. For example, Catholics may not like his pro-choice stance, but they approve of his welfare programs.

Basically, the protesters are trying to get somebody who represents ALL of the Catholic principles to speak at Notre Dame instead of somebody who only represents SOME. This has NOTHING to do with who they picked for President - and if there was "buyers remorse", then this is certainly not an indication of it.

Whether you are pro or anti Obama, this not that hard to understand.

Edited by anatess

I just find it odd that 53% of Catholics voted for the guy and they are now surprised at his decisions......and they don't want him to speak at Notre Dame?????

When President Obama speaks in South Bend, Indiana, perhaps those in opposition could bring in Sean Hannity afterward, to insult Obama thus rendering everything back to its previously holy state.*

*Moksha, you better not be claiming credit for this previously used and proved truth idea.

No, I realize it collectively belongs to the good citizens of Utah County.

:D

The main objection to Obama speaking at Notre Dame is his support for abortion, embryonic stem cell research, and other anti-fetus-related positions - completely against a major Catholic principle.

It's a pretty big honor to have the President of the United States speak at your University....whether you agree with him or not and I think they should have respect for the Office and show appropriate respect for the man in the office.

As much as I am opposed to Obama's policies, I would attend if he were to speak in my town.....because he is the President.

It's a pretty big honor to have the President of the United States speak at your University....whether you agree with him or not and I think they should have respect for the Office and show appropriate respect for the man in the office.

As much as I am opposed to Obama's policies, I would attend if he were to speak in my town.....because he is the President.

I don't know about this, man. I'm a leaning a little bit on the protesters side. I'm not anti-Obama or anything like that at all. I have oober respect for the office he holds and I even went to D.C. in early January to check out his inaugural stage as I felt this was such a historic moment for the Americans.

But, I see it like this... say, I'm hosting a huge Star Wars convention. I have 2 choices to give the welcome address - George Lucas or Obama. If you think about it, Obama should be my first choice being the President and all... but Obama is anti-fiction (no, of course he's not... I'm just saying for us to pretend in this particular example). So, I would definitely pick George Lucas over Obama on this. Not because I don't value the office of President, but because it is more appropriate for the theme of my convention.

See what I'm saying?

I don't know about this, man. I'm a leaning a little bit on the protesters side. I'm not anti-Obama or anything like that at all. I have oober respect for the office he holds and I even went to D.C. in early January to check out his inaugural stage as I felt this was such a historic moment for the Americans.

But, I see it like this... say, I'm hosting a huge Star Wars convention. I have 2 choices to give the welcome address - George Lucas or Obama. If you think about it, Obama should be my first choice being the President and all... but Obama is anti-fiction (no, of course he's not... I'm just saying for us to pretend in this particular example). So, I would definitely pick George Lucas over Obama on this. Not because I don't value the office of President, but because it is more appropriate for the theme of my convention.

See what I'm saying?

Well sort of......but if we are in reality talking about a University commencement, I have to believe that a sitting President would make a bigger impact on the graduating class. Particularly, Obama. for all my dislike of his disastrous fiscal policies, he has a remarkable story.......from community organizer to President of the United States and he is only 48.

Well sort of......but if we are in reality talking about a University commencement, I have to believe that a sitting President would make a bigger impact on the graduating class. Particularly, Obama. for all my dislike of his disastrous fiscal policies, he has a remarkable story.......from community organizer to President of the United States and he is only 48.

Yeah, I see what you're saying, and I agree to a point... the only thing that got me hung up on is that it is a Catholic university.

I attended Catholic schools from Kindergarten all the way to University. And Catholic instruction was a huge part of the curriculum. I don't know how it is at Notre Dame, but, I do know it is a bastion for Catholic education. Same as BYU being a bastion for the Mormons. I wouldn't be surprised if they protest Obama speaking there as well.