A Lessor Sex?

USNationalist

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TheProudDuck

I'm actually a member of the lessee sex, thanks to the $#%# bubbly housing market hereabouts.

What say we repeal the 1031 tax-deferred exchange law, or at least hack off the heads of few residential property speculators and stick them on their own For Sale signs in front of their overpriced properties?

</temporary insanity>

Originally posted by TheProudDuck@Mar 2 2005, 11:55 PM

I'm actually a member of the lessee sex, thanks to the $#%# bubbly housing market hereabouts.

What say we repeal the 1031 tax-deferred exchange law, or at least hack off the heads of few residential property speculators and stick them on their own For Sale signs in front of their overpriced properties?

</temporary insanity>

What are you saying about the 1031 tax deferred exchange law? Is it a big problem in Cali?

Originally posted by TheProudDuck@Mar 2 2005, 11:55 PM

</temporary insanity>

ROFL!

:lol:

Originally posted by USNationalist@Mar 2 2005, 10:52 PM

How many women here would admit that they are party to the lessor sex? How many are offended by even that statement? Why is it, do you think, that christian women sometimes tend to reject the idea? Is their opinion biblicaly sound or mearly the product of their own personal pride?

Just wondering.

A party with lesser sex? When I am at a party I don't have lesser sex! I have plenty thank you very much!~ :lol:;) And as a Christian Woman I am not offended with lesser sex, just left a little longing. I don't totally reject the idea of lesser sex, but I don't totally like the idea either!

As to it being biblically sound ~ and twain they will be one flesh! Hows that for being biblically sound?

Men and women are created in the image of G-d - how can there be a lesser sex? I can understand that a dog, or cow is a lessor creation but I do not believe a women is a lesser creation nor do I believe a Christian would even suggest such a thing.

The Traveler

Guest curvette

Originally posted by USNationalist@Mar 2 2005, 09:52 PM

How many women here would admit that they are party to the lessor sex? How many are offended by even that statement? Why is it, do you think, that christian women sometimes tend to reject the idea? Is their opinion biblicaly sound or mearly the product of their own personal pride?

Just wondering.

I don't think I've ever heard the term "lessor sex." I assume you mean "lesser." I've heard "weaker sex" and "fairer sex." I"m not offended by it because I know that it's a term that could only have been coined by a complete ignoramus.

Originally posted by curvette+Mar 3 2005, 12:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (curvette @ Mar 3 2005, 12:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--USNationalist@Mar 2 2005, 09:52 PM

Just wondering.

I don't think I've ever heard the term "lessor sex." I assume you mean "lesser." I've heard "weaker sex" and "fairer sex." I"m not offended by it because I know that it's a term that could only have been coined by a complete ignoramus.

a complete ignoramus/man. B) ;):D:lol::P

Originally posted by curvette+Mar 3 2005, 01:20 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (curvette @ Mar 3 2005, 01:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Amillia@Mar 3 2005, 12:12 PM

a complete ignoramus/man. B)  ;)  :D  :lol:  :P

Yeah. One of the "morer" sex. :)

ROLF! :lol:

My opinion is that women are the "lesser" sex. Not to say their place in heaven is any different or their ability to get there and different. But biblicaly its all very obvious. Women are to serve their husbands, the husband is the master of the household. God made adam in his image, and made women from man.

But you answered my question well enough. It seems pride is the answer for the female objection.

and to whoever said it, yes i do vote that while being the lesser sex- females are definatly the "fairer" sex.

<<a complete ignoramus/man.>>

-God is a male, and for a time was a man.

Originally posted by USNationalist@Mar 5 2005, 05:18 AM

My opinion is that women are the "lesser" sex. Not to say their place in heaven is any different or their ability to get there and different. But biblicaly its all very obvious. Women are to serve their husbands, the husband is the master of the household. God made adam in his image, and made women from man.

But you answered my question well enough. It seems pride is the answer for the female objection.

and to whoever said it, yes i do vote that while being the lesser sex- females are definatly the "fairer" sex.

<<a complete ignoramus/man.>>

-God is a male, and for a time was a man.

If the Lord stated (and very clearly so) that it is not good for man to be alone, but never once mentioned anywhere that it was not good for woman to be a lone, how can we be the lesser sex?

And if we are so lesser, then why are we given the greater responsibility of co-creating with God, bodies for His children? And if men and women are to become one flesh, the equation is lopsided ~ from the lesser half.

Where in the scriptures does it say women are lesser? Do you know about the prophetess Deborah? Now her husband was the lesser sex if ever there was one.

And if Eve hadn't gone and made the decision to eat of the fruit, we wouldn't be here yet. That is why she was given the greater responsibility of carrying the children ~ cause she would be the one strong enough to handle the job. She proved herself the smarter and greater one in the garden and men wrote it down differently (as if it were a major faux pas) inorder to accomandate their pathetic egos. :) :P

Oh, BTW, speaking of the lesser sex, the nightly news had a story on last night about how the women were becoming the top in everything.

They are now out doing the men in education and positions in the job place. They also stated that they are the highest and most numerous honor students, valadictorians, and other places of high honor which used to be mostly held by men.

It was strongly suggested that men had fallen way below women in every catagory of life. :)

Originally posted by Amillia+Mar 3 2005, 12:43 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Amillia @ Mar 3 2005, 12:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -curvette@Mar 3 2005, 01:20 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--Amillia@Mar 3 2005, 12:12 PM

a complete ignoramus/man. B)  ;)  :D  :lol:  :P

Yeah. One of the "morer" sex. :)

ROLF! :lol:

<span style=\'color:red\'>ROFLOL!

There is no lesser sex, both males and females are created equal. I am a feminist, but I love men as long as they treat me as an equal, and not as a baby factory. Even though my body is female, I have the mind of a tough male, and am too alpha to become a submissive doormat to any husband, and I will never re-marry or have children!

I think I understand what USN was trying to say....

that they are party to the lessor sex

that women not being the "lesser" of the sexes, but being understanding of what range of authority women have (or don't have) in the LDS faith. That we as LDS women are willing to support the male gender in holding the priesthood, and not having hissy fits ** because the church "rules against" women holding such authority.

that christian women sometimes tend to reject the idea

and thumb their noses at those "rules"? Am I on the right track USN? Or have I totally derailed and gone completely off the track?

** such wording taken from a woman I know who became a pastor

Originally posted by lindy9556@Mar 5 2005, 11:37 PM

I think I understand what USN was trying to say....

that they are party to the lessor sex

that women not being the "lesser" of the sexes, but being understanding of what range of authority women have (or don't have) in the LDS faith. That we as LDS women are willing to support the male gender in holding the priesthood, and not having hissy fits ** because the church "rules against" women holding such authority.

that christian women sometimes tend to reject the idea

and thumb their noses at those "rules"? Am I on the right track USN? Or have I totally derailed and gone completely off the track?

** such wording taken from a woman I know who became a pastor

I think you have what he meant to say. I think women don't mind being submissive to righteous men. The problem is ~ finding righteous men to be submissive to ~... LOL ;)

...ok So basicaly the female objection to being the lesser sex is the way its put. They just dont want to be refeard to as the lessor sex even though their role is the submissive/obedient one.

So then is there a PC (politicaly correct) way of saying "lessor sex"? Because i do understand how that term would be offensive. It does seem rather blunt.

I don't see why women should be submissive/obedient to anybody...in personal relationships all should be treated equally...in the workplace too, women should be treated equally to their male counterparts, although I believe this does not regularly happen...they should have just as much right to hold positions of higher authority as males...this does not mean that they wish to be males, as biologically we are who we are, but we do not wish to be treated as 2nd class citizens or anybody's servants because of our biological differences.

I think religion has a lot to answer for in it's treatment of women...holding positions of authority etc. they work as an hierarchy and women are at the bottom...servants, or at the most in the middle...teaching younger children, or just teaching girls? Have I got that correct? Sorry I might be making some assumptions... :D