I Come Here, Yet I....

Luzia

Originally posted by Luzia@Mar 9 2005, 08:56 PM

I come here quite often, read the posts and stuff, but I still can't understand many of them!

Why do you have to make it all so hard?!

:o It's confusing!

Hehe.

I still enjoy being here though, i just wish I could understand it a little more.

If you don't understand but you want to... ask questions. :D

Originally posted by Luzia@Mar 9 2005, 07:56 PM

I come here quite often, read the posts and stuff, but I still can't understand many of them!

Hehe.

I still enjoy being here though, i just wish I could understand it a little more.

Where are you from Luzia?

Originally posted by Luzia@Mar 9 2005, 08:56 PM

Hehe.

I read, too, but I also don't post. You probably just don't understand mormoñol (which is like español, I think).

Otherwise, you can just call it "mormon-speak" and nobody here will be offended! (I think).

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields@Mar 10 2005, 11:11 PM

It's interesting to me that we have people who read but don't jump into the conversations much. Feel free to jump right in or even start your own thread. Most of us are harmless. ;):lol:

Just a note: As I have traveled I have come across many that visit various sites on the internet but never post - just read.

Usually the reason is that English is a second language and people do not feel educated enough (in English) to enter a discussion. Plus the fact that in most cases when there is disagrement often postere will gang up on a poster. My Islamic friends for example are too timid to respond - especially after 9/11. And when they have posted they have been treated badly. Also in China there is a great interest in Chrisitanity and LDS and the only way they can get information is from the internet.

Sometimes I think I sould back off some subjects but then I realize that for someone that only has access to the internet, they could get the wrong impression about LDS doctrine. I try to make clear what is doctrine for those the lerk without posting realizing they may be from China, Saudi Arabia or some other place. For this I am known as obsessed with certain ideas because I try to make sure others understand, are opinions that are not part of the mainstream understanding of doctrine.

The Traveler

Originally posted by Luzia@Mar 10 2005, 08:49 PM

I'm actually from Southamerica, but living in Idaho. Maybe that's why I don't get most of the stuff that goeas around here.

I think it's great that you are from SouthAmerica... Idaho has GOT to be a cultural shock. ;) And, I'm up for learning new things from other countries, don't hesitate to ask questions about anything you don't understand. We (most of us on this board) don't have problems asking anyone anything we need to know, or don't understand. There are some who post things that seem hard to understand if you don't know the source of where it came from. If it sounds interesting and you would like to know more.....just ask.

There are a few people who have traveled extensivly, and have seen a lot of countries, cultures, what have you. They may be able to help out on some things that others can't explain.

Traveler says

Usually the reason is that English is a second language and people do not feel educated enough (in English) to enter a discussion. Plus the fact that in most cases when there is disagrement often postere will gang up on a poster

Heck. Traveler......english is my FIRST language and I sometimes don't feel educated enough to jump into some discussions...... And sometimes posters will gang up on each other....NOBODY is immune :lol:

Like SF said...."most of us are harmless" :)

Hope to see more posts from you Luzia....welcome aboard!

Well, sure thank you. BTW I am an LDS so I pretty much understand what you are saying, hah, i am just timid because I never know who here is an LDS and who isn't... which can make things difficult... and the fact that I am a convert. :)

But, thank you.

Hiya Luzia...I'm from the UK, I am not lds but did attend the lds church here in the UK many years ago, so I still have an interest in what the Lds people on here have to say about the world and other matters.

Sometimes some of the Gospel debates in particular are something that I feel unable to make a post on, obviously because I don't follow the Church anymore, so I sometimes read thru some of the posts on those threads, if I find them interesting, but choose not to try to get involved with something I just don't understand/cannot relate to.

At other times, on the General and Advice forums, I find it much easier to post my opinions and whatnot as they are not totally gospel related...

I hope you enjoy your time on the boards!! :D

Just a note: As I have traveled I have come across many that visit various sites on the internet but never post - just read.

i have only posted a few time myself....but i read all that i can...i am lds but feel like i am not in the same league with most of the people here...i am a convert, only 5 years and i have a lot i need to learn so i enjoy coming here and reading what everybody else has posted...

Luzia~ I am also a LDS convert....and it's been awhile since I joined the church, but I still am learning things :) I've even learned things from my non LDS friends!

Hey aikenfan..... I know what you mean....sometimes just reading, and thinking is the best way of learning. Glad to know that you are still on board, even if you are a "silent" member sometimes.

Originally posted by Strawberry Fields@Mar 10 2005, 11:11 PM

It's interesting to me that we have people who read but don't jump into the conversations much. Feel free to jump right in or even start your own thread. Most of us are harmless. ;):lol:

Speak for yourself, Strawbaby! Say the wrong thing, and you can count on either PD, Snow or me to eat you alive! :D Okay, okay.... I was just kidding. We'll kill you first, then eat you alive.

Originally posted by Cal+Mar 12 2005, 06:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cal @ Mar 12 2005, 06:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Strawberry Fields@Mar 10 2005, 11:11 PM

It's interesting to me that we have people who read but don't jump into the conversations much. Feel free to jump right in or even start your own thread. Most of us are harmless.  ;)  :lol:

Speak for yourself, Strawbaby! Say the wrong thing, and you can count on either PD, Snow or me to eat you alive! :D Okay, okay.... I was just kidding. We'll kill you first, then eat you alive.

What Cal says is true. There are some that just wait here for someone to ask a "dumb" question....or one that they deem as dumb. ;)

Originally posted by Cal@Mar 12 2005, 02:59 PM

Perhaps, but is that so wrong?

After all, a person has got to eat.

Originally posted by Snow+Mar 13 2005, 11:47 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Snow @ Mar 13 2005, 11:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Cal@Mar 12 2005, 02:59 PM

Speak for yourself, Strawbaby! Say the wrong thing, and you can count on either PD, Snow or me to eat you alive! :D  Okay, okay.... I was just kidding. We'll kill you first, then eat you alive.

Perhaps, but is that so wrong?

After all, a person has got to eat.

Law of the jungle, right? ;)

Originally posted by Cal+Mar 12 2005, 03:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cal @ Mar 12 2005, 03:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Strawberry Fields@Mar 10 2005, 11:11 PM

It's interesting to me that we have people who read but don't jump into the conversations much. Feel free to jump right in or even start your own thread. Most of us are harmless.  ;)  :lol:

And as a twist of fate would have it......YOU would be the main entree after SF countered the attack, and took you (or PD, or Snow) apart. Don't underestimate the power of a determined woman. ;)

Originally posted by lindy9556+Mar 13 2005, 02:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lindy9556 @ Mar 13 2005, 02:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Cal@Mar 12 2005, 03:59 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--Strawberry Fields@Mar 10 2005, 11:11 PM

And as a twist of fate would have it......YOU would be the main entree after SF countered the attack, and took you (or PD, or Snow) apart. Don't underestimate the power of a determined woman. ;)

Yeah, this can be true but if someone can stick it out long enough to get through one of your attacks they can make it through almost anything!

Note: If someone attacks me I first need to question if they might have misunderstood my intention. You see, I'm a lover, not a fighter. :D Another thing I do is avoid those who really BUG me :ph34r:

Originally posted by lindy9556+Mar 13 2005, 01:45 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lindy9556 @ Mar 13 2005, 01:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>

Well, since I've yet to see any evidence of either PD, Snow nor myself being taken apart in any way that approaches really good logic on SF's part, I'll say for all three of us, I don't think we're exactly shaking in our boots yet.

Originally posted by Marsha+Mar 12 2005, 10:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Marsha @ Mar 12 2005, 10:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Cal@Mar 12 2005, 06:59 PM

What Cal says is true. There are some that just wait here for someone to ask a "dumb" question....or one that they deem as dumb. ;)

Marsha is right too. Don't let that scare you newbie’s from posting though. I have been here long enough to see the "soft side" to these guys and it is a sight to behold. :D

Originally posted by Cal+Mar 13 2005, 10:32 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Cal @ Mar 13 2005, 10:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -lindy9556@Mar 13 2005, 01:45 PM

Well, since I've yet to see any evidence of either PD, Snow nor myself being taken apart in any way that approaches really good logic on SF's part, I'll say for all three of us, I don't think we're exactly shaking in our boots yet.

This is just a message board so you are right...no need to shake. ;)

Originally posted by Meridiani+Mar 13 2005, 07:13 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Meridiani @ Mar 13 2005, 07:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Luzia@Mar 10 2005, 09:49 PM

I'm actually from Southamerica, but living in Idaho. Maybe that's why I don't get most of the stuff that goeas around here.

De dónde eres? (De qué país sudamericano latino?)

Bolivia actually, my real name is Lucia, but i changed it because it looks cooler. :D