Weekend in Glastonbury

Jamie123

Yesterday my wife and I came back from a long weekend away in Glastonbury. (I'm talking about the town, not the rock festival. That's not until summer anyway.) We had a wonderful time - even the car breaking down on the way home didn't spoil it (much)!

One of the best things we did there was to visit the Chalice Well, which was one of the most beautiful and peaceful places I've ever been. If you're ever there, be sure to spend a few minutes (or longer) just sitting quietly in the sanctuary at the well-head. It's wonderful :)

[sorry - I meant to post this under "general discussion".]

Edited by Jamie123

Yesterday my wife and I came back from a long weekend away in Glastonbury. (I'm talking about the town, not the rock festival. That's not until summer anyway.) We had a wonderful time - even the car breaking down on the way home didn't spoil it (much)!

One of the best things we did there was to visit the Chalice Well, which was one of the most beautiful and peaceful places I've ever been. If you're ever there, be sure to spend a few minutes (or longer) just sitting quietly in the sanctuary at the well-head. It's wonderful :)

It sounds lovely. :) I hope to be able to go there someday, as well as visit other sites in the UK.

HEP

:offtopic:

What does it cost to go from the UK to mainland Europe? Like if you wanted to take a weekend trip with the spouse Paris how much would you need to save? Just the travel exspence.

My wife and I were planning a two week driving vacation of the United Kingdom when I retired, which was to be next year. Budget cuts have forced me to retire one year early. Still hope to make trip next year, but will depend on what comes along.

Isn't Glastonbury near Stonehinge? We plan to be in that area near the end of our trip.

Edited by Churchmouse

Is that off of Egarley Road?

My wife and I were planning a two week driving vacation of the United Kingdom when I retired, which was to be next year. Budget cuts have forced me to retire one year early. Still hope to make trip next year, but will depend on what comes along.

Isn't Glastonbury near Stonehinge? We plan to be in that area near the end of our trip.

It's spelt stonehenge, and it's not too far away. If you live in the USA it'd be a very short distance for you in comparision to the journeys you are used to :P

What does it cost to go from the UK to mainland Europe? Like if you wanted to take a weekend trip with the spouse Paris how much would you need to save? Just the travel exspence.

Probably the best way would be to take the Eurostar and go through the tunnel. The website is Eurostar : Tickets, Bookings, Timetables, fares and offers

Quite near-ish. We went past Stonehenge on the way. It's strange - I've lived in England nearly all my life, but that was the first time I ever saw it. It is pretty awesome.

Is that off of Egarley Road?

Yes - the A361. It's right at the foot of Glastonbury Tor.