Fathering Rec's - Daddy to Son

Dr T

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teach him, by example, how to be the leader of his home. Show him the difference between a home lead in love and a home lead in dominance.

It seems to me so many men don't understand that. There is a HUGE difference between a home lead in love and a home lead by a man who feels it's his "right" because he is the man.

*ETA*

I read through all the posts and they were great but this is the one thing I did not see. I know I'm not a Dad but still think it's important for Dad's to teach their sons as it isn't something Mommy can teach, well she can but it's difficult for a Mom to teach the Dad role to her sons.

Edited by Loving_Wife
why I posted

Teach him to respect all life - including SNAKES!

* Our 12-year-old neighbor gleefully killed a Southern Banded Water Snake that took up residence in our backyard. My 2 sons were crushed - they have a name for him already and came down every morning to check up on him. They tried to stop the neighbor from killing the snake but he just needled and teased them endlessly for being EVIL.

Fathers - take the time to tell your sons snakes are not evil...

Ex wives please encourage your children to spend time with their Dad even if you think he's a jerk, children need their Dad.

Leaving Dad's out in the cold denies children of a positive male role model, leading to problems in later life. :(

Sadly I've exerienced this with my darling husband who is denied visits from his children because he re-married. How sad. It's not fair on the children too.:(

I am so grateful that I didn't deny my darling sons of visiting and later living with their Dad when they were young even though I missed them like you wouldn't believe. But the result was that we all get on so well. :)

I pray that my husband can experience a peaceful relationship with his children someday. But after 7 years nothing has changed & bitterness still prevails and the now older children are very angry with us as a result.

It is not only the father that is affected by PAS, but the whole of his family. :sadwalk:

hahahaha, yeah, dads can have children late in life don't u think?

LOL :lol:

Yes true here's an example of a man who had a son in later life.

Posted Image

Abraham laughed heartily when the Lord promised he and Sarah would have a son in their old age.

Genesis 17:17 Then Abraham fell upon his face, and laughed, and said in his heart, Shall a child be born unto him that is an hundred years old? and shall Sarah, that is ninety years old, bear?

The word "Isaac" means "laughter."

Another thought on father son relationships is to enjoy a good sense of humour together.

A father was preparing pancakes for his sons, Kevin, 5, and Ryan, 3. The boys began to argue over who would get the first pancake. Their father saw the opportunity for a moral lesson. If Jesus were sitting here, He would say something like, "Let my brother have the first pancake. I can wait."

Kevin turned to his younger brother and said, "Ryan, you be Jesus."

Proverbs 15:13 A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance: but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken.

Proverbs 17:22 A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: