Puppies!

Dr T

Ok, Lucy-Fur (the kids dog-NOT mine) had 7 little puppies last night. I opened the back door to let her in for the night at about 12:00 and as she ran in it could hear a sound of something under the stairs. There were 4 puppies under the stairs so we brought the four inside and put them in a big borrowed dog box (which is pink) It's a girl so that's fine ;) Anyway, we brought them in, showed two of the kids and watched her for a little while. We all went to bed and then heard Lucy make a slight noise, went back to the living room and saw that she had another puppy. Watched her some more then went to bed again. We had 3 people go outside to check to see if there were any puppies left in the back yard. It was very dark and they all came in saying, "Nope nothing out there." I woke up this morning and Lucy had another puppy. There was a puppy that was found this morning on the grass and it was dead :( Lucy looks great and the 6 puppies are super cute. I think God makes babies cute for a reason. K, so there were 4 brown (chocolate and 1 with lighter brown coloring), 1 black and 2 white with spots (one had big brown spots and one had big black spots). Anyway that's that. So am I considered a grandpa now? NO, cause Lucy is NOT my dog!

Alright Doc, we need to talk!

Did you assume that your KIDS were going to teach the little Devil Doggie about safe sex practices? What about abstinence?! Have you guys decided what to do with them? Giving them away? Keeping any? I'd love to see pictures. Regardless of your relationship to the sweet little things, congratulations on the new arrivals to your home!

Zool, please give your dog a hug for me. Most Rotties I've met were big teddy bears (I worry more about being bitten by small dogs, since larger dogs tend to be calmer).

I promise I'll give it a huge hug from you, Seanette :)

Nice to hear that you like larger dogs. Most people react a bit negative when I say I have a rottweiler. But my dog isn't like the few ones written about in media.

You got a dog yourself?

Not currently (small apartment, no yard, husband isn't that nuts about dogs), but I grew up with quite a few. Mostly Dobermans, but we had an assortment of others, including a Sheltie who thought he WAS a Dobe (he grew up with them, understandable mistake, especially since he apparently didn't buy the notion that Shelties are a bit shy).

OK, I posted 3 puppy pictures. They are on my page but they are big and I need to make the smaller. They take a little while to show up but u can see them in my gallery just click on the images if they don't show up. Check them out. :)

Sooo very cute T! Although I must say, in flipping through, I think I "awwwwww"d over the picture of Cakes from Easter even more than I did the puppies! How in the world do you attract such adorable little creatures to your home the way you do?! :)

• 1 month later...