Temple Lot

Jared,

On another board you made the comment that "the Hedrickite church owns the Temple Lot, and they will never sell it to the LDS church".

Just a couple of thoughts....

1) NEVER is a pretty strong word...

2) I would consider the Temple Lot (the portion the Hedrickite' own) as the Lord's...and he will "do" or "not do" with it as he see's fit.

3) It may seem somewhat of a flippant comment (dont mean it to be)...but, when the time comes the Lord wants the LDS church to regain control of the Temple lot...it will happen. There is absolutely no doubt in the minds of the LDS people that this will happen. We dont even give it a second thought...really.

The LDS church has built hundreds of temples around the world..and has bucked up against some pretty stout opposition when it comes to purchasing land for temple sites etc. There are many, many exciting and faith promoting testimonies about how those obstacles were overcome.

The Temple lot in Indep.Mo...at the end of the day, will be no different. When it's meant to happen...it will.

Jared, in your mind....you must believe that at some point in time, the Lord will somehow deliver the Temple Lot into the hands of the Remnant Church...correct???

How do you feel that will be accomplished?

randy

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Randy Johnson@Jun 6 2005, 11:59 AM

2) I would consider the Temple Lot (the portion the Hedrickite' own) as the Lord's...and he will "do" or "not do" with it as he see's fit.

<span style='font-family:Arial'>We may even find that the Lord may empower the Hedrickite Church to bring forth a glorious temple unto God since they were the "care-takers" for so many years. It IS a very distinct possibility to consider.

In Christ I Serve,

Thunderfire

Randy,

You do know that is what I believe. How it will be accomplished is up to God but I do know that the one True Church will build the Temple. I have no doubt that that will be The Remnant Church. You may feel otherwise and that is fine and it is not a contest it is just who the Lord chooses.

Originally posted by ThunderFire+Jun 6 2005, 08:55 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ThunderFire @ Jun 6 2005, 08:55 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Randy Johnson@Jun 6 2005, 11:59 AM

2)  I would consider the Temple Lot (the portion the Hedrickite' own) as the Lord's...and he will "do" or "not do" with it as he see's fit.

<span style='font-family:Arial'>We may even find that the Lord may empower the Hedrickite Church to bring forth a glorious temple unto God since they were the "care-takers" for so many years. It IS a very distinct possibility to consider.

In Christ I Serve,

Thunderfire

Distinct Possiblity?

What evidence is there to support such a distinction?

Originally posted by Snow+Jun 6 2005, 11:14 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Snow @ Jun 6 2005, 11:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -ThunderFire@Jun 6 2005, 08:55 PM

<!--QuoteBegin--Randy Johnson@Jun 6 2005, 11:59 AM

2)  I would consider the Temple Lot (the portion the Hedrickite' own) as the Lord's...and he will "do" or "not do" with it as he see's fit.

In Christ I Serve,

Thunderfire

Distinct Possiblity?

What evidence is there to support such a distinction?

I'm not a member of that church but it actually seems to be the most likely possibility since the Lord entrusted them with it as his caretakers. All the different factions think they are more holy and deserving than the rest and that God will someday give it to them. And in the end, the Hedrickites may be the ones truly humble enough to occupy then build Gods Temple on such choice ground simply because they now have it.

In Christ I Serve,

Thunderfire

Originally posted by ThunderFire@Jun 7 2005, 09:54 PM

I'm not a member of that church but it actually seems to be the most likely possibility since the Lord entrusted them with it as his caretakers. And in the end, the Hedrickites may be the ones truly humble enough to occupy then build Gods Temple on such choice ground simply because they now have it.

According to whom? Seems much more likely that they were present and just took it. What possible evidence is there that God actively choose for them to take it?

And in the end, the Hedrickites may be the ones truly humble enough to occupy then build Gods Temple on such choice ground simply because they now have it.

And in the end the endangered California Condor might learn the secrets of fire and make an oven-roasted pepper sauce to serve over artichoke hearts but there isn't much reason to believe that will be the case. I'm interested in reasoning or evidence.

Originally posted by Snow@Jun 7 2005, 10:09 PM

Can someone give me a refresher?

There's four plots on four corner - all four are needed to build the big temple - the CoC owns two plots, the LDS owns one, the Temple Lot folks have the 4th????

What else?

The Temple Lot was originally about 75 acres. The Church of Christ -- Temple Lot owns about 2 acres, the actual spot that many consider the true spot, but the whole site was dedicated. The LDS own about 11 acres of it, and the CoC owns the rest.

The original plans for the temple lot included 12 temples (one for each tribe of Israel), plus a storehouse and something else. I suppose if everyone wants to tear down what is built on it (which includes a temple built by the CoC) and work together, then the original plans can be carried out, but, somehow, I doubt that will ever come to fruition.

Oh ye of little faith. The works and plans of God cannot be frustrated by man.

Did you realize that Independence sits on a fault line? I have a friend who told me a story which I do believe. She told me when the C of C built their Temple that they did not dig down to the bedrock therefore it is not built on a firm foundation. She also told me that a friend of hers from a Restoration branch had a dream.

The dream was that their was a great earthquake in Independence and she saw the earth open up and swallow that Temple and their were many people running and screaming from it. She said that it destroyed all of the C of C buildings but that the original Temple lot which the Hedrokites own and the Hedrokite church was left unscathed and in Perfect condition as if protected by some invisible force.

Man does not need to tear down his buildings to complete God's plan. God will take care of it when their is a people worthy of completing his plan.

Originally posted by JaredDollen@Jun 8 2005, 04:13 AM

Did you realize that Independence sits on a fault line? I have a friend who told me a story which I do believe. She told me when the C of C built their Temple that they did not dig down to the bedrock therefore it is not built on a firm foundation. She also told me that a friend of hers from a Restoration branch had a dream.

The dream was that their was a great earthquake in Independence and she saw the earth open up and swallow that Temple and their were many people running and screaming from it.

...and I had a friend who told me that Brad Pitt was having an affair with Grace Kelly. My friend also had a dream that she went to school in her underwear and ate an apple made out of plastic.

Same deal, no?

Originally posted by JaredDollen@Jun 8 2005, 05:13 AM

The dream was that their was a great earthquake in Independence and she saw the earth open up and swallow that Temple and their were many people running and screaming from it. She said that it destroyed all of the C of C buildings but that the original Temple lot which the Hedrokites own and the Hedrokite church was left unscathed and in Perfect condition as if protected by some invisible force.

Man does not need to tear down his buildings to complete God's plan. God will take care of it when their is a people worthy of completing his plan.

I agree completely with you, Jared. God will do what needs to be done in His own time. I was referring only to the designs of man.

I find it interesting, Jared, that we are at odds because of the Restoration Branches/Remnant situation, yet our beliefs are virtually identical. It is a sad state of affairs when those who hold to the same tenets, etc., can't even call each other brothers and sisters in Christ.

I will add a couple other opinions to the mix. A few years back I was visiting several ancient Mayan archeological sites in Mexico when I ran into a group of LDS Mayan’s involved in the digs (and other things). They were of the opinion that the main temple at Jackson county Mo. would be built by Lamanites; in particular the Mayan people that would one day arise and unite the Laminite populations of the Americas (North and South) and create a powerful economic and political force. They also felt they would save the USA from moral corruption of secret combinations.

My personal opinion is that the city Zion and the associated temples (Jackson Co.) will be a restoration of an ancient city that was also called Zion that had the nick name of “The City of Enoch”. The Zion cities of Enoch were established under the covenant (Divine Law) of peace that was given to Noah a second time following the flood. (The society of Enoch being taken up and perserved from the flood as a type of the saints that will be taken up prior to the return of the Messiah when fire shall cover the earth in the manner of the flood) The city Salem also means peace (Salem is the Hebrew word for peace) and was reestablished as a shadow of Zion by Melchedeck. When Salem (that was built on a hill or mountain) was expanded to include a second mountain; Salem became known as “Salem on two mountains” which is the Hebrew meaning of Jerusalem. Therefore, it is my theory that the “New Jerusalem” is the reestablishment of the reestablishment of the covenant of peace established in the city states of Enoch’s Zion. Those that were taken up will return at the end of time as a “Chiasm” to complete the prophesies of Enoch.

The Traveler

Originally posted by Jenda+Jun 8 2005, 09:42 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jenda @ Jun 8 2005, 09:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JaredDollen@Jun 8 2005, 05:13 AM

Oh ye of little faith.  The works and plans of God cannot be frustrated by man.

Did you realize that Independence sits on a fault line?  I have a friend who told me a story which I do believe.  She told me when the C of C built their Temple that they did not dig down to the bedrock therefore it is not built on a firm foundation.  She also told me that a friend of hers from a Restoration branch had a dream.

The dream was that their was a great earthquake in Independence and she saw the earth open up and swallow that Temple and their were many people running and screaming from it.  She said that it destroyed all of the C of C buildings but that the original Temple lot which the Hedrokites own and the Hedrokite church was left unscathed and in Perfect condition as if protected by some invisible force.

Man does not need to tear down his buildings to complete God's plan.  God will take care of it when their is a people worthy of completing his plan.

I agree completely with you, Jared. God will do what needs to be done in His own time. I was referring only to the designs of man.

I find it interesting, Jared, that we are at odds because of the Restoration Branches/Remnant situation, yet our beliefs are virtually identical. It is a sad state of affairs when those who hold to the same tenets, etc., can't even call each other brothers and sisters in Christ.

Dawn,

Actually, the original dedicated "temple land" comprised approx. 63.27 acres.

The Hedrickite Church owns the 2 1/2 acre portion, which includes the "high point" of the dedicated 63.27 acres.

The LDS church owns approx. 20 acres which have been purchased over the years from successors in interest to parties who asserted title by adverse possession..years after The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints was dispossessed of the land.

The RLDS church owns the majority of the balance of the land, however, there are other various owners of smaller lots....one of which is the Missouri Pacific Railroad.

You are correct when you state that Joseph dedicated the entire 63.27 acres...not just the 2 1/2 acres we usually refer to as the "temple lot".

The Prophet Joseph clearly taught there would be built a "temple complex" comprising 24 temples. This fact always seems to get lost when we discuss the "temple" that will be built in Independence, Mo.

Originally posted by Snow+Jun 8 2005, 01:39 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Snow @ Jun 8 2005, 01:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ThunderFire@Jun 7 2005, 09:54 PM

I'm not a member of that church but it actually seems to be the most likely possibility since the Lord entrusted them with it as his caretakers.  And in the end, the Hedrickites may be the ones truly humble enough to occupy then build Gods Temple on such choice ground simply because they now have it.

According to whom? Seems much more likely that they were present and just took it. What possible evidence is there that God actively choose for them to take it?

And in the end, the Hedrickites may be the ones truly humble enough to occupy then build Gods Temple on such choice ground simply because they now have it.

And in the end the endangered California Condor might learn the secrets of fire and make an oven-roasted pepper sauce to serve over artichoke hearts but there isn't much reason to believe that will be the case. I'm interested in reasoning or evidence.

But is this the foolish pride and arrogance that kept the others factions from occupying this piece of land? The very thought that "our" group is more holy and righteous and that we DESERVE this is the very thing that will keep you from getting it. What I see here is covetedness and pride, and these things will never right us with God in order to build such a holy temple as this.

How dare we think that God is not in control, being a mere bystander regarding who controls what is in his hand! If you really want evidence then believe that God is and that all things are in his care, custody, and control.

In Christ I Serve,

Thundefire

Originally posted by Snow+Jun 8 2005, 08:27 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Snow @ Jun 8 2005, 08:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JaredDollen@Jun 8 2005, 04:13 AM

Did you realize that Independence sits on a fault line?  I have a friend who told me a story which I do believe.  She told me when the C of C built their Temple that they did not dig down to the bedrock therefore it is not built on a firm foundation.  She also told me that a friend of hers from a Restoration branch had a dream.

The dream was that their was a great earthquake in Independence and she saw the earth open up and swallow that Temple and their were many people running and screaming from it.

...and I had a friend who told me that Brad Pitt was having an affair with Grace Kelly. My friend also had a dream that she went to school in her underwear and ate an apple made out of plastic.

Same deal, no?

Gotta love those restoration branches....they all seem to recieve revelation for the church. Not just their "prophet". ;)

I was told that if one recieves a revelation or a vision that conscerns the entire church one should count it as a gift from God and keep it to himself. When the lord wants something done regarding His church and wants all to know He will work only through His chosen mouth piece and Prophet.

My point? Either this dreamer is just that, a dreamer or this person has slapped God in the face for sharing a great personal gift of knowledge.

I'm leaning more towards the first.

Originally posted by Setheus+Jun 8 2005, 12:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Setheus @ Jun 8 2005, 12:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Snow@Jun 8 2005, 08:27 AM

<!--QuoteBegin--JaredDollen@Jun 8 2005, 04:13 AM

Same deal, no?

Gotta love those restoration branches....they all seem to recieve revelation for the church. Not just their "prophet". ;)

I was told that if one recieves a revelation or a vision that conscerns the entire church one should count it as a gift from God and keep it to himself. When the lord wants something done regarding His church and wants all to know He will work only through His chosen mouth piece and Prophet.

My point? Either this dreamer is just that, a dreamer or this person has slapped God in the face for sharing a great personal gift of knowledge.

A. Why should something that concerns the entire church be kept to ones self?

B. Were any of the prophets of the OT, who went around having visions and calling people to repentence, leaders of the church? You sound just like the minister who (verbally) slapped Joseph Smith in the face when he recounted his vision to him.

Pharisees.

Originally posted by Jenda@Jun 8 2005, 01:25 PM

A.  Why should something that concerns the entire church be kept to ones self?

B.  Were any of the prophets of the OT, who went around having visions and calling people to repentence, leaders of the church?  You sound just like the minister who (verbally) slapped Joseph Smith in the face when he recounted his vision to him.

Pharisees.

A. IF it concerns the Church as a whole then the revelation and administration will come through the church leadership. ie, for the ward, the bishop: the stake , the stake pres. : the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, the Prophet of God. "My house is a house of order" If any joe blow could give revelations for the church then why have a prophet?

B. The prophets of the OT were assigned by God to preach repentance. They were not giving revelation about how the church would be run or any new doctrine. The OT prophets were "prophets seers and revelators" just as the Quarum of the Twelve are. But ther was also "The Prophet" just as there is now. And there is only one on the earth at a time. And if you'll notice a lot of the OT way of business was very different than the way Jesus set things up during his ministry.

And I won't comment on your attempt at a personal attack.

Also, think about this. If that friend of a friend who knows a guy who had a dream is correct then we'd better start buying Earthquate insurance right away so we can rebuild the Temple :P As I sit typing this I just recieved in a vision that Snow will soon be seduced by the dark side and is going to be the 3rd Anti-Christ. IT MUST BE TRUE! I DREAMED IT!!!

Originally posted by Jenda+Jun 8 2005, 02:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jenda @ Jun 8 2005, 02:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Setheus@Jun 8 2005, 12:57 PM

Same deal, no?

B. Were any of the prophets of the OT, who went around having visions and calling people to repentence, leaders of the church? You sound just like the minister who (verbally) slapped Joseph Smith in the face when he recounted his vision to him.

Pharisees.

Dawn,

Concerning the "dream"...is this not exactly what happened in 1851? Someone had a dream, this "someone" was not even in a position of authority to receive such revelations...then it's picked up by word of mouth....kicked around a bit....the rumor mill picks it up.....and then poof....we have the RLDS church...then poof..the same thing happens again and we have the Remnant Church.....then poof....the PoZ have a "special conference"....and then poof......we have the ...????

I think you get the picture.

The Lord's house IS a house of order.

rj

Originally posted by Setheus+Jun 8 2005, 01:44 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Setheus @ Jun 8 2005, 01:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jenda@Jun 8 2005, 01:25 PM

A.  Why should something that concerns the entire church be kept to ones self?

B.  Were any of the prophets of the OT, who went around having visions and calling people to repentence, leaders of the church?  You sound just like the minister who (verbally) slapped Joseph Smith in the face when he recounted his vision to him.

Pharisees.

A. IF it concerns the Church as a whole then the revelation and administration will come through the church leadership. ie, for the ward, the bishop: the stake , the stake pres. : the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, the Prophet of God. "My house is a house of order" If any joe blow could give revelations for the church then why have a prophet?

B. The prophets of the OT were assigned by God to preach repentance. They were not giving revelation about how the church would be run or any new doctrine. The OT prophets were "prophets seers and revelators" just as the Quarum of the Twelve are. But ther was also "The Prophet" just as there is now. And there is only one on the earth at a time. And if you'll notice a lot of the OT way of business was very different than the way Jesus set things up during his ministry.

And I won't comment on your attempt at a personal attack.

Also, think about this. If that friend of a friend who knows a guy who had a dream is correct then we'd better start buying Earthquate insurance right away so we can rebuild the Temple :P As I sit typing this I just recieved in a vision that Snow will soon be seduced by the dark side and is going to be the 3rd Anti-Christ. IT MUST BE TRUE! I DREAMED IT!!!

I wasn't stating that I was putting much (if any) stock in this dream (it is the first time I heard it), I was just indicating that I believe that the Lord accomplishes His work in whatever way it needs to be done since the heads of all the restoration splinters are in apostasy. If it takes some unknown person having a dream or vision, and the word spreading by word of mouth and goes out from there, so be it.

Originally posted by ThunderFire+Jun 8 2005, 11:41 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ThunderFire @ Jun 8 2005, 11:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Snow@Jun 8 2005, 01:39 AM

<!--QuoteBegin--ThunderFire@Jun 7 2005, 09:54 PM

I'm not a member of that church but it actually seems to be the most likely possibility since the Lord entrusted them with it as his caretakers.  And in the end, the Hedrickites may be the ones truly humble enough to occupy then build Gods Temple on such choice ground simply because they now have it.

But is this the foolish pride and arrogance that kept the others factions from occupying this piece of land? The very thought that "our" group is more holy and righteous and that we DESERVE this is the very thing that will keep you from getting it. What I see here is covetedness and pride, and these things will never right us with God in order to build such a holy temple as this.

How dare we think that God is not in control, being a mere bystander regarding who controls what is in his hand! If you really want evidence then believe that God is and that all things are in his care, custody, and control.

What foolish pride are you talking about (in reference to my post)? I make no claims about any group being more righteous or deseerving than any other group. I am simply observing that your opinions are based on nothing other than the constructs of your own imagination - or better said, you offer no evidence or rationale to support your position other than you think your thoughts are good thoughts to think.

How dare we think that God is not in control, being a mere bystander regarding who controls what is in his hand!  If you really want evidence then believe that God is and that all things are in his care, custody, and control.

Egads. What an insufferable thought. I just heard a news story that a man and woman were convicted of performing female genital mutilation on children. Last night I was studying the Black Dahlia case where the nude, severed in two, discarded body of Elizabeth Short was found in an empty lot in LA in 1947.... How dare you thinkg that God is in control and not merely a bystander in such horrific atrocities. The God I worship doesn't "control" such horrors on this children.

Originally posted by Jenda+Jun 8 2005, 12:25 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jenda @ Jun 8 2005, 12:25 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Setheus@Jun 8 2005, 12:57 PM

Same deal, no?

Do you, Jenda , have the keys to receive revelation for the whole Church? I mean, I think your bright and all but it would be nuts for the rank and file to run the Church. God is a God of order - not chaos.