To all the 25+years old, what advice would you give to the younger kids ??

Guest JoshDwellington

Don't get married before age 25

Wait at least a year or more before you get married so you really know your spouse.

Wait until you have finished your college degree before having children, it's easier.

Laugh out loud, and often since it will keep you healthier and reduce the risk of depression.

Never marry someone with bad credit, as yours will be ruined.

Don't post anything on Facebook, Myspace, or a blog that you wouldn't want your current or future boss as it could lead to you not being hired, or fired.

Guest JoshDwellington

hey y'all !

Very interesting, sound advice in here !

quick question :

several of you mentioned "NOT marrying before 25 !!"

is there a reason for that ??

Well I'm only 23 and I'm not married. I almost got married when I was 19 and I'm actually really glad I didn't. He was a perfectly nice guy and I'm sure we could have had a good marriage but I have matured and changed so much since I was 19. And really, I enjoy being single, it's a lot of fun.

A few things that I think are important in life:

#1- Never date/marry/live with someone who makes you cry or makes you feel awful. They'll never change.

#2- There are only 2 people whose opinions of you should worry about: The Lord and your own.

#3- Live each day so that you can look the person staring back at you in the mirror in the eyes.

#4- Treat others how you would want them to treat you. People tend to mirror the actions and behaviors of others.

#5- Laugh when you get the chance. Life's no good if you take yourself seriously all of the time.

#6- Avoid going into debt for things you don't really need. If it's not a house, a car, or an education, you probably shouldn't take out a loan to get it.

#7- Be forgiving. There was only one perfect person who ever lived on this world. Cut yourself and others some slack and try to do the best you can.

#8- Admit it when you're in the wrong and try to put things right.

#9- Do. Not. Ever. Hold. A. Grudge. Period. It's not healthy. Life is far too short to waste time on them.

#10- Confidence is one of your best assets, develop it!

Wait at least a year or more before you get married so you really know your spouse.

I would just add one thing. Even if you have been dating for a long time, if you find that you aren't a true match, don't hang on. Break it off. Don't invest further in a relationship that's wrong, even if you have already invested years. Just make sure that when you marry that you are both doing it for a life, and not just for love.

I'm 21 as well.. but i'll toss my hat into the ring.

General advice: Do well in school.. it's worth it. It will save you a year or two of frustration later on. You'll look back on high school and occasionally wish you could re-do it.. so do not sweat your mistakes to bad. Look on the bright side.. you won't make them twice.

Financial: College is expensive. Start saving early. Do not be all work and no play though.. it's unhealthy.

Professional: Do not look at salaries to determine what career you want to pursue. Look at what you love and pick the best paying one you think would allow you to enjoy waking up in the morning.

Intimate: Love hard and love long. Do not be afraid to love or to date. I personally think 'social dating' is vastly over rated and long term relationships yield better results. The longer you date the better off you will be -- i've been dating my girlfriend for 3 years now and I don't feel like we're ready to get married.

Social: Do what you want to do.. not what others want you to do. Find friends you get a long with.. friends you can trust. If you have one good friend you can count on.. you're doing pretty darn good.

Here's one simple rule that will guide you in all decision making:

PLEASE DO NOT THINK THAT AT YOUR AGE YOU HAVE A CLUE ABOUT LIFE. YOU DON'T. NO, REALLY. EVEN YOU. YOU'RE NOT AN EXCEPTION TO THE RULE.

If you can accept that reality with an appropriate amount of humility, you'll be on top of the world in no time.