Senator Edward M. Kennedy dies at 77

bytor2112

It was done even while he was living. There is nothing good with this family or any person who caused more problems for others than to seek to do good without cost and honor from the world. :D

So nothing good came from the Kennedy family? i.e. if I'm understanding your statement correctly.

I suppose it's nice to have an opinion...but dead wrong....in my opinion.

I wonder if some of the first people that the Apostle Paul beheld was the many Christians that he willingly persecuted?

The comparison is invalid. Paul turned to Christ and preached the gospel. Ted always expected the Catholic Church to fall in line with his views. The story I read was that the Vatican didn't even issue a statement with condolences for Ted's family.

It's kind of funny to watch human nature--we have a political commentator by the name of Glen Beck who was a self-proclaimed cocaine addict--alchoholic--womanizer--arrogant, crusty SOB for years--but yet he finds the church, changes his ways, marries a good woman, becomes a family man, does a few fireside chats with tears in his eyes and all the sudden he is the cats meow to most Mormons--he is one fine outstanding hunk of Mormon man--he will probably by his association with Mormonism will be the catlyst to persuade individuals to investigate the church and possibly convert--who knows?

Maybe you haven't been paying attention. Many LDS, even here on this forum, have expressed great disdain or near hatred for Glenn Beck. They will happily dance on his grave when he dies.

The comparison is invalid. Paul turned to Christ and preached the gospel. Ted always expected the Catholic Church to fall in line with his views. The story I read was that the Vatican didn't even issue a statement with condolences for Ted's family.

How is my point or comparison invalid?--what I was trying to put across was that both had wronged a person or persons--in Kennedy's case Mary Jo (which you brought up as the first person he might run in to in the afterlife) The same holds true for Paul who many consider the greatest Apostle--but the fact remains he wronged a group of people.

Yes Paul did indeed turn to Christ but after what? If I remember right God struck down Paul on a roadside and appeared to him.

I'm sure that if Kennedy had the same thing happen to him, he might have knocked the boozin and the womanizing off a lot sooner and perhaps the chappaquiddick tragedy would not have happened after an all night party.

The Kennedy's (most) believed in public service in different capacity's--serving their country--so maybe by serving their country and fellowman they believed it was serving a higher cause if it helped out their fellowman in some way.

I'm sure with all the turmoil and chaos associated with the Kennedys that Ted turned to Christ many times in his life--it has been said that he was a firm believer in redemption.

As far as him expecting the Catholic church to fall in line with his views--well I'm out of the loop on that one, although I find it kind of laughable.

It would sort of be akin to the Mormon Church falling into the views of Harry Reid--of course I'm guessing you might be talking about social issues and not doctrinal issues regarding Kennedy.

I find it quite pathetic of the Catholic Church if they have not sent condolences.

Maybe you haven't been paying attention. Many LDS, even here on this forum, have expressed great disdain or near hatred for Glenn Beck. They will happily dance on his grave when he dies.

Yes apparently I have not--I just keep seeing his name popping up and I have not read any of the threads regarding Mr. Beck.

In fact I have not really been able to see much of Beck in the past or the present since I don't get his TV program--I have watched some of his stuff on youtube.

One clip showed him on 'The View' and how he had flat out lied to Barbara Waa Waa and Whoopie Goldberg involving an incident where they were all riding on a metro train and words were exchanged about some things.

Suffice it to say Beck admitted that he had lied.

I am suprised to hear that many LDS have expressed great disdain or near hatred for him or that they will happily dance on his grave. I'm sure that there are many in the faith that like him, just for the mere fact that he has seen the light.

Yes apparently I have not--I just keep seeing his name popping up and I have not read any of the threads regarding Mr. Beck.

In fact I have not really been able to see much of Beck in the past or the present since I don't get his TV program--I have watched some of his stuff on youtube.

One clip showed him on 'The View' and how he had flat out lied to Barbara Waa Waa and Whoopie Goldberg involving an incident where they were all riding on a metro train and words were exchanged about some things.

I am suprised to hear that many LDS have expressed great disdain or near hatred for him or that they will happily dance on his grave. I'm sure that there are many in the faith that like him, just for the mere fact that he has seen the light.

I enjoy picking and choosing what I like about Glen Beck. We have in the past enjoyed many of the same epiphanies, but never at the same time.

One epiphany that Mr. Beck has had, he calls a turning point. Some times in the Church, we call that a teaching moment. Senator Ted Kennedy had a teaching moment, not when he drove off the bridge, but after he had regained his faculties and understood what he had done. And he decided that status quo was the path he would choose.

I am not going to sit in judgment of Senator Kennedy, for the things he did all those many years ago. I am sure that I, being a lessor man than I am capable, would not have traded the power that being a Senator, is, for taking responsibility for my actions. In some ways, I have been blessed to have a alcoholic father, who showed by example what not to do.

But neither do I find his accomplishments equal, too the presses fascination with Senator Kennedy, or any other Kennedy for that matter. With out his last name, I wounder if Senator Kennedy would have even remained a Senator?

Even though I am not willing to judge this man, especially after his passing, I do believe it best, over all, not to have him as a role model. This is a choice that I have made, because, before his illness that took his life, he did not seem to take responsibility for his actions. Glen Beck, seems like he has. So I will continue to pick and choose those things that I feel Brother Beck has done right in his life and try to avoid what he has done wrong. I do hold the words of the Apostles, past and present, in higher esteem. To quote Glen, "I'm just saying".

I find it quite pathetic of the Catholic Church if they have not sent condolences.

Why? What makes Ted so special that the RCC should offer condolences to a man that probably wasn't worthy to take Holy Communion and fought for very anti-Catholic things like.....abortion and g/l marriage.

Good gosh..I'm not asking for anyone to be hypocritical and name all the good things so anything bad is forgotten..but man..the guy died and died from brain cancer. If you didn't like him then why not just refrain from saying anything?

I don't remember learning that any one of us will be his judge for the eternities. Let those without sin cast the first stones.

Well said! He definitely did some bad things in his life, but cancer is not a nice way to die. I for one, wouldn't wish cancer on my worst enemy, nor would most people. The negativity is like some anti-Mormon saying something negative about Thomas Monson when he dies. Mr. Kennedy will be judged in time for what he's done in his life, as we all will.

Wow! That's a bold statment to make considering all the good that Eunice Kennedy Shriver did for the Special Olympics.

Or what Maria Shriver is now doing with Alzheimers.

Actually, he didn't. He was telling the truth- it was Barbara Walters and Whoopee Goldberg who were unaware of all the facts. Surprise surprise. Beck was also sick that day- after his appearance on 'The View', he skipped doing his own show and went home. Some good reading on the subject: Newsbuster's analysis of The Viewettes, How Beck told the truth.

Yes, I just waded into a discussion about Ted Kennedy to discuss Beck. Can anyone else say 'one-track mind'? Egads, I can't wait to move and start working again. :eek: