Zion and Babylon

Traveler

Where in this world do posters think one can find a place where the people (citizens) believe in Christ? Likewise where in this world is the place that without question rejects Christ?

I have my thought on this matter but what are yours?

The Traveler

Trying to figure out a geographic location for "Zion" and "Babylon"? Well Zion is in Colorado Springs ;)

Zion is a state of being, not a geographical location.

Moses 7

18 And the Lord called his people Zion, because they were of one heart and one mind, and dwelt in righteousness; and there was no poor among them.

To be perfectly honest, I don't think there is any one place on Earth that fully meets this requirements. That is why we are commanded in General Conference to build up Zion.

LDS.org - Ensign Article - Come to Zion

LDS.org - Ensign Article - Zion in the Midst of Babylon

LDS.org - Ensign Article - Our Hearts Knit as One

178th Semiannual General Conference, October 2008

179th Annual General Conference, April 2009

As far as a geographic location, I don't know if there's any place that the people wholeheartedly believe in Christ (I'm sure there's some little town somewhere that does, but I don't know of it). I think the same can be said for the reverse.

Governments are another story, I think. China and various Islamic governments all reject the Christ. I guess if things continue as they are, eventually the citizens will either be lead to reject Him or be killed.