Difficult VT Companion

cwirth

I am in a new college singles' ward and we all got brand new Visiting Teaching assignments. I don't think my VT companion is very enthusiastic about visiting teaching. When I called her asking when she was available she hung up on me. I figured she might have been too busy with work at the time, so I emailed her instead. She hasn't emailed me back. It's almost the end of the month and we still haven't visited our 2 girls. What should I do?

Try to contact her again. If not..see if another sister will go with you. At least those 2 sisters will get visited. Call a member of the RS Presidency to see if they will go with you.

I'm confused. Did you call her at work? Also, as for email, there are a lot of people who have auto settings that delete emails from non-approved emailers.

I'd approach her at church. And if that doesn't get a good result (namely an appointment), I'd get a friend or family member to go with me. Or go yourself; if you know the people you are visiting quite well, I don't think there's a problem with doing that.

Try to contact her again. If not..see if another sister will go with you. At least those 2 sisters will get visited. Call a member of the RS Presidency to see if they will go with you.

Or call your VT Supervisor- the woman you report your visits to. Let her know what is going on.

I really don't recommend going on your own- the Church/Heavenly Father set it up for us to go in pairs, this is really a bone of contention with me. I have asked the PH why nearly all of the HT and now the VT in my ward are not paired up? When did this change officially? They all just frown at me and walk away. (end of rant)

So ask your supervisor to go with you. For this month, send a card with a written VT message and a brief intro about yourself.

When I called her asking when she was available she hung up on me...

She actually hung up on you? As in, put the phone down mid conversation? I think I'd have already gotten the message at that point and not bothered e-mailing her. She clearly doesn't want to go and is being fairly rude in getting that message across. Get paired up with someone else.

I think I'd have already gotten the message at that point and not bothered e-mailing her. She clearly doesn't want to go and is being fairly rude in getting that message across. Get paired up with someone else.

I agree with Mahone. Tell your VT supervisor what happened and get a new companion.