This is absolutely disgusting

beefche

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This type of thing has little to do with seductive, sexy clothes or sex for that matter. It is strictly power. It is apparent that he not only has power to rape but power to convince people he has the right to it.

That's absolutely right, rape is about power, not sex. He's showing that not only does he have the power to rape, he can convince others that he should get away with it.

That's absolutely right, rape is about power, not sex. He's showing that not only does he have the power to rape, he can convince others that he should get away with it.

Some rape, I'm willing to believe the college student who plies his date with significant amounts of booze and then engages in non-consensual sex (aka date rape) is thinking about sex. Power may be a factor of course, but I doubt his sole reasoning for raping her is that its the most effected way he can demonstrate power over her.

Rape is about power and sex in varying degrees, sometimes its simply power through sex and other times like date rape sex is a goal (though not necessarily the only one).

As a Christian, I am taught to have love and compassion for everyone. We are taught to hate the sin and love the sinner. I can pray for the soul of Roman Polanski and hope that God forgives him for his sin but the Lord can deal with this man just as easily in a jail cell, as opposed to his palatial pad in France.

Maybe we also need to pray for these depraved Hollywood folks who clearly are so out of touch with reality that they haven’t figured out that this is called life; it’s not a movie. The only appropriate ending to this story is Polanski coming back to the United States, standing before a judge, and accepting his fate. And when he is led off in handcuffs, then we can say this sad and pathetic story has come to its rightful conclusion.

:clap::clap::clap: