Do you know this story?

Bini

I want to order it for my mum and send it to her just before Christmas. It's a story that I heard a few years ago but cannot for the life of me remember its title! I have searched online "The Little Donkey story" and pulled up a bunch of stories, all of which, do not ring any bells to what I recall. Here's the story more or less in a nutshell:

The story is about a little donkey that feels hopeless and compares himself to the seemingly greatness of all these other animals. It starts with the little donkey reading a post that is looking to hire. After reading it, the little donkey believes he falls short of what the post requires. He was not big and strong, like the ox. And he was not fast, like the horse. Nor had he any previous experience, like the camel, that had carried a powerful Sultan across the plains. The story eventually ends on a warm note, when a man approaches the little donkey and tells him that he has a special job for him, which ends up being taking a young woman and her unborn child to Bethlehem, where a King is born.

Is anyone remotely familiar with this story? I'm am still googling trying to find it under text references and still no luck :[ A friend recommended "Small One" by Disney, which, is very similar to this story but not quite the same.