Global Warming?

BenRaines

Articles on the subject definitely exist.

Is it really necessary for there to actually be global warming for us to stop and think about how we treat our environment? If the global warming theory does nothing else it may be good because it makes us stop and think about what we are doing. Are we being good stewards of the earth or not? What can we do to make it better? We dont need to be deranged tree huggers to see value in good environmental practices, do we?

I agree in good environmental practices. What I don't agree with is a hysteria and government imposed taxes and restrictions on commerce to prevent something that is nature and nothing we can do about it.

I am old enough to remember the pending ice age that was predicted in the early 1970's.

I also remember the smog filled days in Southern California where you could not see the buildings downtown. Now on most days you can.

Respect and conserve, yes. Be crazy about something that nature will do on its own doesn't make sense. Also are we not part of nature, humans.

Ben Raines

I have always been a skeptic of human-caused global warming. That being said, I believe we have a responsibility to be good stewards of the planet we have been given. But that does not mean we should lock up the earth's resources to the extent that it becomes a detriment to the people who live on it. God gave us this earth and its contents for our benefit, I don't believe he intended for us to live in caves and to eat leaves from plants for eternity.

I am a skeptic and true believer this is a total scam. 99 truths with 1 lie mixed in makes it all a lie. Since the North Pole (where Santa lives for anyone under 8 that may be reading!) used to be a tropical zone. The earth goes thru changes, and even if Algore and his merry band of crazy tree huggers scream that we are destroying our planet, they can't change what nature will or will not do. They cannot create or eliminate ONE sunspot, one degree of movement of the earth's axis, none of it. The lack of sunspots this year has led to widespread cold (here in the Western NY area, I would say that we went from spring to fall. Had 10 days of weather hot enough to turn on my a/c), and this winter is predicted to be brutal.

We need to be good stewards. But HF also blessed us with the resources necessary to live a good life, and to be able to spread the gospel to every land, nation, and people.

And for everyone that always say that others are 'in it for the money' and thinks that Algore is so lily white, and has pure motives out of love for his planet ought to look at WHY he is really interested in all of this crap. He stands to make MILLIONS if not BILLIONS from FORCING us to use the companies he has invested in.

It is a scam. It really is. And I'm gonna invite that hot air bag up to Buffalo in mid-January after I have shoveled for the umpteenth time because of 'global warming' and give him a shovel. That way, he can clear my driveway and maybe shovel some of the #$#% he spues out and put it on my garden for the spring...

This is all so interesting - if it turns out that carbon emissions are not the main reason for global warming then all the effort to reduce carbon in the atmosphere will be detrimental to the environment in that reducing carbon will reduce the ability of the world’s plants to photosensitize light energy from the sun which will intern reduce the amount of oxygen available for us to breath.

The Traveler

This is all so interesting - if it turns out that carbon emissions are not the main reason for global warming then all the effort to reduce carbon in the atmosphere will be detrimental to the environment in that reducing carbon will reduce the ability of the world’s plants to photosensitize light energy from the sun which will intern reduce the amount of oxygen available for us to breath.

The Traveler

Funny thing is, I learned this fact as a fourteen year old kid, while on a Church farm in Orange County.

The first couple of rows of orange tree's always seem to be a little bigger next to the road. I ask the guy who was showing us how to pick the fruit if it was because those trees got more water? He said it was because they got more smog.