Flu shot pandemic Clinic

Winnie G

I went to a flu pandemic Clinic yesterday (seasonal) held in the fair grounds in one of the exhibition buildings 1.000's of people waited in chairs and yet it only took ten minutes. (Lots of nurse)

My Hubby and I go back same place on Monday for the H1N1 shot.

They had buses bring in those with out cars or from retirement apartments.

I am grateful the government dose not charge for the shots.

I just called my doctor and they said they dont' have any shots... and they won't be getting more. So I guess I'll go to the grocery store and pay $30 and get it there (and get 10% of my groceries)

It's a bummer because I have a day care but because I don't watch kids under 6 months, no h1n1 shot for me. In the mean time my mom is in the hospital with H1N1 and double pneumonia. Everyone else though (13 people so far) in the family who got it (both mine and my husbands) is recovering just fine.

It IS a bummer about you not getting the shot, but priority DOES need to be given to those who at higher risk. =/ That population is usually the "very old (65+)" and the "very young (under 12)" and people who have chronic illness like diabetes or the like.

It IS a bummer about you not getting the shot, but priority DOES need to be given to those who at higher risk. =/ That population is usually the "very old (65+)" and the "very young (under 12)" and people who have chronic illness like diabetes or the like.

The H1N1 has the following priorty groups:

Pregnant women who are considered 4-times more likely than the general population to experience complications from the H1N1 flu.

— People who live with and/or care for infants under the age of 6 months and children, i.e. parents, siblings, daycare providers, teachers.

— Health care and emergency medical providers.

— Children age 6 months to adults up to the age of 24. The attack rate for children between the ages of 5 and 14 is 14 times higher than that for adults over the age of 50.

— People age 25 to 64 years old with underlying health conditions that put them at high risk for influenza complications.

I went to a flu pandemic Clinic yesterday (seasonal) held in the fair grounds in one of the exhibition buildings 1.000's of people waited in chairs and yet it only took ten minutes. (Lots of nurse)

My Hubby and I go back same place on Monday for the H1N1 shot.

They had buses bring in those with out cars or from retirement apartments.

I am grateful the government dose not charge for the shots.

If you don't get the seasonal and H1N1 vaccine at the same time - how long are you supposed to wait for the 2nd shot?

A recent poll showed that over 50% of nurses in their child bearing years are not getting the H1N1 shot. My daughter is in that group. She got he seasonal shot but won't be getting the other. All the nurses at her facility feel the same way.

I've never had a flu shot in my life and the last time I had the flu I was 15. If I were to die of the flu, so what? We all have to die from something.

Ok let me get this right you don't have enough flu shots? for every one let alone the H1N1 shot? And you PAY for IT?:eek:

you can have both shots the same day but the clinic was doing one at a time, Im going back for the H1N1 tomorrow.

my brother (62) has gotten one already at the VA and was told to come back next month for the other. Thank Heavens he dose not have to pay he lives on very little money.

The Canadian government says their offering both shots for free so more will take advantage of it saying our health care system could not handle a full blow pandemic. Not enough respirators. If it blow up in to a full blown pandemic. The Government has been talking about readiness for months including ordering enough body bags, theirs a story behind that and the first nations people and sending them to a reserve. they don't plane for death and they took it badly when the pandemic kits showed up with body bags.

Im hopeful I don't get sick like I did last year even with my yearly shot.

I dont get it the US govermnt is not offering this in the long run it could save them money?

Ok let me get this right you don't have enough flu shots? for every one let alone the H1N1 shot? And you PAY for IT?:eek:

I dont get it the US govermnt is not offering this in the long run it could save them money?

Get informed Winnie.

The H1N1 vaccine is manufactured by privately owned companies - none of which are Canadian.

Canadian health care is not free.

The government taxes people - forcibly takes money from the citizens and redistributes in, in this case, in the form of healthcare. It takes money from people who earn it and have it and gives it to people who don't earn it and don't have it.

In the case of the H1N1 vaccine in the US, the government has purchased it at taxpayer expense and is distributing without charge to the citizenry. Canada doesn't have any more of it than does the US. The only reason you are able to get it earlier that some others here is because you must be in a high risk group.

Edited by Snow

Get informed Winnie.

That is right I don't live in Canada and yes its payed though taxes like what is called sin taxes, that's why a pack of smokes cost in some parts of Canada $10.65 to $12.00 a pack.

forcibly takes money from the citizens

Smoke that cigarette do it now!:rolleyes:

I don't pay a dime for health care, I had cancer at 28 I never paid a dime for my treatment, I wish I could say that about my sister in Oragon she had health care and she was brock by the time she died!

In the case of the H1N1 vaccine in the US, the government has purchased it at taxpayer expense and is distributing without charge to the citizenry. Canada doesn't have any more of it than does the US. The only reason you are able to get it earlier that some others here is because you must be in a high risk group.

No I am not high risk nor my husband or son.

Ottawa has said every one in Canada will have access to the both shots.

I am getting my H1N1 shot tomorrow with 1000's of others who attend this clinic.

Why are you so huffy ??????????????????????????