FOX fact checks Palin.

Elphaba

Guest Godless

Wait--there's still a $1 coin?

It's been back for almost a decade now. The first ones had Sacajawea on it. Now they have the presidents on them. They're releasing four new ones every year, starting with Washington, Adams, Jefferson, and Madison in '04. I recently got one from a vending machine, of all places. It has Polk on it. "In God We Trust" is on the front of the coin, below and to the right of Polk's face. The edge of the coin has "E Pluribus Unum" and "2009 D" engraved on it, along with some stars.

The United States Mint Presidential $1 Coin Program

Edited by Godless

Okay, I didn't watch the video, but did she actually blame Obama?

Who else?

No, she did not actually say Obama's name. But who else would she be talking about?

Ad for those of you keeping score, it was Fox who did the fact checks on a republican.

That's why I, a huge critic of Fox, posted it. I believe in giving credit where it is due, even if it contradicts my bias.

Elphaba

Guest Godless

because its communism to change it if a democrat was responsible.^_^

Ironic considering that some of our national religious slogans were created during the Cold War in order to fight Communism.

Oh, I don't know, maybe the secretary of the treasury, or the people who make those decisions at the mint? Maybe she was making blanket statement about the kind of people that Obama seems to be surrounding himself with? You know, like the ones who admire Mao and how he ran China?

While I disagree with your assertions, your post demonstrates my point. Palin would agree with you, so, of course, when she saw "In God We Trust" had been moved to the edge of the coin, who else could have done that except the anti-God Obama crowd?

Actually, Congress is responsible for changes to the coinage; however, I would be shocked if Palin knew this, given she couldn't be bothered to make sure her concerns about "In God We Trust" were valid before she expounded on the calamity.

After all, if she had bothered to research the issue she would have discovered the Democratic Congress had reversed the decision to put the motto on the edge of the coin back in 2007.

Elphaba

Edited by Elphaba