Warning Pepsi and raw meat

pam

Lol. One of the youtube servers must be offline because the video just simply isn't playing for me. But from the related videos, I'm pretty sure I can guess what it is :)

Unless of course it's not a joke video and someone pretends to dissolve meat in coke/pepsi, which doesn't happen in reality ;)

When I was tennish my primary teacher tried to show us why Coke was so bad for us by pouring some in a bowl filled with raw hamburger. After the class we expected the meat to have been devoured by the Coke.

Nothing happened.

Honestly, this incident taught me a lesson. The "Coke will eat hamburger" myth had been floating around our ward my entire childhood, but once I was old enough to really think about it, it made no sense because I knew lots of Coke drinkers who were perfectly fine.

But I had trusted my teacher to be right, and when she was wrong, I was really impacted. She had just assumed it was true, so hadn't bothered to verify it.

Today, If something seems far-fetched to me, I always verify verify verify. It has served me well in my life, especially in the career I chose (publishing).

I think the fact that the Coke didn't eat the hamburger also made me a Democrat. :P

Elphaba

When I was tennish my primary teacher tried to show us why Coke was so bad for us by pouring some in a bowl filled with raw hamburger. After the class we expected the meat to have been devoured by the Coke.

Nothing happened.

Honestly, this incident taught me a lesson. The "Coke will eat hamburger" myth had been floating around our ward my entire childhood, but once I was old enough to really think about it, it made no sense because I knew lots of Coke drinkers who were perfectly fine.

But I had trusted my teacher to be right, and when she was wrong, I was really impacted. She had just assumed it was true, so hadn't bothered to verify it.

Today, If something seems far-fetched to me, I always verify verify verify. It has served me well in my life, especially in the career I chose (publishing).

I think the fact that the Coke didn't eat the hamburger also made me a Democrat. :P

Elphaba

I agree with you. I had some similar experiences like this as a child. In one case, my uncle received an forwarded e-mail from some medical contacts of his in the National Health Service. It was about people with HIV supposedly leaving infected needles sticking out of seats on buses, trying to infect others. The e-mail said there has been countless occurences of this and the police were investigating. Sounds plausible.

Now because the e-mail had come from people reasonably high up within the national health service who my uncle knew, my uncle (and myself) took it for granted it had already been verified and was real.

Well, it turned out it hadn't been verified and wasn't based on any fact at all - the NHS employees had simply forwarded it on like everyone else. I only found this out by chance. After this, and several other incidents like it, I learnt very quickly not to take what others say at face value (regardless of how highly you hold them in esteem) without a little research first.

I found the snopes link personally offensive*...I rather like my cheap, store-brand colas! Shasta, Cragmont, Sam's Choice...and who can resist Dr. K? Pepsi and Coke are for wimps!

:::snicker::: :-)

* DISCLAIMER: The offense mentioned above was mock or sarcastic in nature. No actual offense was taken by the Snopes article, nor the poster who linked it. All is well. Resume normal operations.

I found the snopes link personally offensive*...I rather like my cheap, store-brand colas! Shasta, Cragmont, Sam's Choice...and who can resist Dr. K? Pepsi and Coke are for wimps!

:::snicker::: :-)

* DISCLAIMER: The offense mentioned above was mock or sarcastic in nature. No actual offense was taken by the Snopes article, nor the poster who linked it. All is well. Resume normal operations.

Lol is there a difference? I took part in an experiment a few months back, to test whether people can actually taste the difference between coke, pepsi and an off brand cola. I failed. Miserably. I got every one wrong.

I like the 'cuke' brand personally.

Edited by Mahone

Nothing happened.

Elphaba

Spilling coke on a computer is not good either...would you agree...:D