Church growth rate up 18% in the USA

Thetruechurch

Excellent news, according to LDS Church Growth. It also gives some very positive news on the growth throughout other countries.

and yet some people are seriously convinced that our church is a sinking ship! I have to say though, it feels so good to see the gospel slowly spread throughout the world. Nobody can stop the work from being done.

I just get the feeling that this year has been a grand year for growth in the church, and I can't wait to see the statistics released on how many converts and births into the church there has been this year.

Edited by pam
This is not an official Church website

Excellent news, according to LDS Church Growth (The church's official growth blogspot) It also gives some very positive news on the growth throughout other countries.

Are you sure it's official? I can't see the church running an official blog on blogspot. That just seems too amature for an organisation the size of the church. Plus the "about me" seems to claim it's done by a member, as opposed to an official of the church, which makes it unofficial.

Excellent news, according to LDS Church Growth (The church's official growth blogspot)

I'm pretty sure there is nothing "official" about this site.

and yet some people are seriously convinced that our church is a sinking ship!

The problem here is in those people who see the truth of the gospel proved by convert baptisms, and who moreover see the reverse -- that lack of convert baptisms somehow disproves the veracity of the gospel. Yes, we baptize lots of converts, but it's entirely possible that after the Church has "filled the earth" by baptizing a lot of people (but still a substantial minority), we will see convert baptisms tail off dramatically. If and when this eventuality occurs, it won't matter a bit; the gospel will still be true, and the Church will still be the kingdom of God on earth.

Are you sure it's official? I can't see the church running an official blog on blogspot. That just seems too amature for an organisation the size of the church. Plus the "about me" seems to claim it's done by a member, as opposed to an official of the church, which makes it unofficial.

well maybe its not official, but I wouldn't discredit the information they are providing. If you look at the content of what they post and regularity of it they obviously have a great deal of sources and contacts from around the world providing them with their information. So as a result of that it would indicate they hold some kind of position as a result.

well maybe its not official, but I wouldn't discredit the information they are providing. If you look at the content of what they post and regularity of it they obviously have a great deal of sources and contacts from around the world providing them with their information. So as a result of that it would indicate they hold some kind of position as a result.

It's not that; it's just unless it was pointed out, someone reading this thread may very well believe it is an official site and it can cause problems. The church is extremely careful about what is put onto their official websites, because anything that is on there will be repeated and quoted hundreds of thousands of times by members and non members alike. We don't want anyone doing that with quotes that they thought were written by an official of the church, but weren't. That's why this website (lds.net) has "this is not an official website of the church" printed in a prominent position on every page; to stop people getting confused about what is official and what isn't.