Rejoicing! My Book Is Back!

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by Please@Oct 26 2005, 02:16 PM

California recovery....saved it all... :D  :D  :D

With all the work it is going to be to put the pieces back together... I won't be here for a while...

Party on... :D

That's GREAT Please! :D

Originally posted by Jason+Oct 26 2005, 02:45 PM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-Please@Oct 26 2005, 02:16 PM

California recovery....saved it all... :D  :D  :D

With all the work it is going to be to put the pieces back together... I won't be here for a while...

Party on... :D

It's amazing that they found both pages on your hard drive!

Good for them! :wacko:

Ouch!

Jason, why do you pick on your sister like that?

You know that your mother told you guys to get along with each other or no video games for a month. :o

• 1 year later...
Guest Yediyd

Hint: Periodically backup a copy to CD from now on... ;)

Outshined, I admit I know very little about computers and how they work, but I have heard this before and have heard that computers crash and you lose all your stuff...how DO you back up with a cd? I know I sound really stupid, but this is my first compouterand I don't want to lose all the great links and stuff I have acumulated on it....please explain in simple terms how I can "back up" my files? Thank you!

Yediyd, I just noticed that nobody had replied to your request.

In order to Burn your files to a CD, you 1st need a Burning Programme such as Nero, others are available too, but I find Nero pretty simple.

You also should have a CD (maybe DVD too) Rewrite drive...you will normally have a CD drive on which you can play CDs but check that it is a CDRewritable too.

To burn the files onto the disc, load the CD into that drive. Double click on the Burning programme icon, and select New CD. That will open the main screen, with a section that lists your computer drives and where your files are stored...navigate thru that list by double clicking, till you find the file you want to burn, then drag and drop it into the large centre space. At the foot of the window it will show how much of the disc has been filled with your files, so continue to add what you want until it reaches near maximum...before it turns red...then click on the Burn icon (after naming your files) and it will open up another window where the disc will be copied. With DVDs it is wise to choose a slow speed at which to copy the files, so that burn failure doesn't occur as often.

Hope that helps!! :)

Btw, the type of CD you need to select, if you're adding a variety of file types is ISO.

Guest Yediyd

Thank you Pushka...but I'm afraid I'm going to need to have someone SHOW me....I have friends in my ward who know way more than I do...this is a brand new laptop from Dell, so I'm sure it has the capasity, I am just cluless. I am going to save your poet though...to show to whoever helps me...Thanks again!!!!!

Thank you Pushka...but I'm afraid I'm going to need to have someone SHOW me....I have friends in my ward who know way more than I do...this is a brand new laptop from Dell, so I'm sure it has the capasity, I am just cluless. I am going to save your poet though...to show to whoever helps me...Thanks again!!!!!

Yediyd are you sure you aren't from Missouri the "Show Me State." hahahaha Sorry Pale I had to say it.

Pam, not sure what all of this is about with you and Pale but I like the effect you have on him :D

Pale and I have been friends (along with Ben Raines) for 9 years. We poke fun at each other all the time.

<div class='quotemain'>

Pam, not sure what all of this is about with you and Pale but I like the effect you have on him :D

Pale and I have been friends (along with Ben Raines) for 9 years. We poke fun at each other all the time.

OHHHH That much I understand. :lol:

In order to Burn your files to a CD, you 1st need a Burning Programme such as Nero, others are available too, but I find Nero pretty simple.

Only if you live in the Dark Ages of PCs.

For those of us in the 21st century with Mac, you simply drag and drop a file onto the disk icon....