Today's Music

Guest Ari 2

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by LDSister@Nov 17 2005, 11:27 PM

Lennon declared: "We're more popular than Jesus now".

Just curious to know, as a John Lennon fan, was this the only statement he made in the video which led you to believe he was a satanist? If not, can you let me know the other things he said, and in which context, eg. where and when he said it...year etc.

I don't see the remark above as being a statement that John Lennon was a satanist..he was simply pointing out that religion, at that time, was out of touch with youth!

Guest LDSister

Originally posted by pushka+Nov 17 2005, 08:10 PM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-LDSister@Nov 17 2005, 11:27 PM

Lennon declared: "We're more popular than Jesus now".

Just curious to know, as a John Lennon fan, was this the only statement he made in the video which led you to believe he was a satanist? If not, can you let me know the other things he said, and in which context, eg. where and when he said it...year etc.

I don't see the remark above as being a statement that John Lennon was a satanist..he was simply pointing out that religion, at that time, was out of touch with youth!

Yes, there were other things on the video which proved that not only the Beatles, but the Stones were linked, but John Lennon & Yoko Ono in particular. I would really suggest that you get the video and watch it yourself, because it doesn't seem to matter what I say, ppl will take issue! I will say one thing in regard to Mick Jagger...they showed a clip of one of the Stones's concerts, and they were performing "Sympathy For The Devil." Jagger removed his shirt to reveal his tattoos of satan...after which, he bowed down to pay tribute to his god.

Guest LDSister

Originally posted by pushka@Nov 17 2005, 09:10 PM

I would be interested to see the video, if only to see whether or not statements had been taken out of their original context so that they appeared as if the people were all satanists...

Really, would you consider George Harrison to have been a satanist?

As I recall, George Harrison wrote the song, "My Sweet Lord", in which he introduces another god, in the chanting of Krishna. And yes, you do need to view the video yourself. It is very literal, and the things which I've related are not taken out of context...they ARE the context! Mind you, as a teenager, I was a screaming Beatlemanic, loved the Stones, and I had a gorgeous picture of Jim Morrison dressed only in skin tight black leather jeans taped to my closet door. We love the music from that generation, and it was shocking to see this information presented from the horse's mouth. We host karaoke parties, but after I saw this video, I removed alot of the music we sing, because I understood its origin and no longer felt comfortable either singing it, or promoting it.

I know that music contains messages. I believe "Dream Weaver" deals with astro projection (remote viewing as the CIA and KGB called it and used it). Yet why should that interfere with it being one of the best slow songs of my teen years?

I am a fan of energetic music -- as long as it is clean. I have one Smashing Pumpkins CD in which I take out the one song that might be objectionable for my Mp3. My gosh, you admit your parents let you be a flower child -- and now you are who you are. Guess Harrison's subliminal song (it is a great example) did not lead you to a life of chanting at the airport.

You know, my wife likes Britney Spears music -- it's okay I guess. Too bad she doesn't influence more girls of this generation in positive ways. She is a Republican, a step mother, just recently became a mother and a while back indicated she would like 5 kids. Those values would be good to copy.

Originally posted by Fiannan@Nov 18 2005, 12:05 AM

I know that music contains messages. I believe "Dream Weaver" deals with astro projection (remote viewing as the CIA and KGB called it and used it).  Yet why should that interfere with it being one of the best slow songs of my teen years?

I am a fan of energetic music -- as long as it is clean.  I have one Smashing Pumpkins CD in which I take out the one song that might be objectionable for my Mp3.  My gosh, you admit your parents let you be a flower child -- and now you are who you are.  Guess Harrison's subliminal song (it is a great example) did not lead you to a life of chanting at the airport.

Because some people look for the devil so hard they find him everywhere. Truth be told, if they are consistent they'll have to stop listening to anything that isn't religious (and about half of that :lol: ). I had to sit through a preacher's address at a graduation some years ago where he stated that anyone who listens to Metallica is worshipping the devil, and kids like rock music because the beat mimics the "rythm of sex". Therefore, any music with a beat of any kind is "evil", you see...

I stopped listening to the music demonizers long ago. There are better things to do than imagine more evil in music. There is some bad influence there, just as in television and movies. but if you're living right, you'll be just fine. :P

Cue Dana Carvey's Church Lady: "SA-TAAN!"

Guest LDSister

Originally posted by Fiannan@Nov 18 2005, 12:05 AM

My gosh, you admit your parents let you be a flower child -- and now you are who you are.  Guess Harrison's subliminal song (it is a great example) did not lead you to a life of chanting at the airport.

See, never give up hope! :lol:

Guest LDSister

Originally posted by Outshined@Nov 18 2005, 05:09 AM

Because some people look for the devil so hard they find him everywhere. Truth be told, if they are consistent they'll have to stop listening to anything that isn't religious (and about half of that :lol: ). I had to sit through a preacher's address at a graduation some years ago where he stated that anyone who listens to Metallica is worshipping the devil, and kids like rock music because the beat mimics the "rythm of sex". Therefore, any music with a beat of any kind is "evil", you see...

I stopped listening to the music demonizers long ago. There are better things to do than imagine more evil in music. There is some bad influence there, just as in television and movies. but if you're living right, you'll be just fine.  :P

Because one refuses to acknowledge that these things exist, doesn't make them any less real. Kids are impressionable, and as their guardians we have a duty to protect them from harm...even by evil lyrics in music. Remember what Marilyn Manson said...if parents don't take care of their children, he will. Perhaps you should listen less to the music demons. :idea:

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by LDSister+Nov 18 2005, 08:12 AM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-Outshined@Nov 18 2005, 05:09 AM

I stopped listening to the music demonizers long ago. There are better things to do than imagine more evil in music. There is some bad influence there, just as in television and movies. but if you're living right, you'll be just fine.  :P

Because one refuses to acknowledge that these things exist, doesn't make them any less real. Kids are impressionable, and as their guardians we have a duty to protect them from harm...even by evil lyrics in music. Remember what Marilyn Manson said...if parents don't take care of their children, he will. Perhaps you should listen less to the music demons. :idea:

I have to agree... I see an absolute rise in violence, anger issues, selfishness and depression among my children when they consistently listen to some of the trash music out there..

Guest Member_Deleted

One more thing... If the Lord considers a song of the heart to be a prayer unto Him... what would he consider some of the music going into the hearts of His young men and women today?

Guest LDSister

Originally posted by Please@Nov 18 2005, 10:24 AM

One more thing... If the Lord considers a song of the heart to be a prayer unto Him... what would he consider some of the music going into the hearts of His young men and women today?

So true! Thanks so much for the validation. I think some may feel reluctant to share in the forum, for fear of criticism. It's nice to have some positive feedback! :)

Guest Member_Deleted

I think if we could all see ourselves as others see us, we would see how music effects us... deeply...

It is just we are so blind sometimes...

I have become much wiser in my old age than I was when I was in my youth... and now seek out music that will sooth and uplift...

I have come to understand the power of music, not only on my mentality, but my physical body and spiritual heart....

Getting to understand the 'forces' that others in the music industry already understand and use to their own ends... is important today ... espeically for the youth...

Originally posted by Fiannan@Nov 17 2005, 10:05 PM

I am a fan of energetic music -- as long as it is clean.  I have one Smashing Pumpkins CD in which I take out the one song that might be objectionable for my Mp3.  My gosh, you admit your parents let you be a flower child -- and now you are who you are.  Guess Harrison's subliminal song (it is a great example) did not lead you to a life of chanting at the airport.

OK OK I Confess..............I am a GREENDAY Freak!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ahhh:

Sorry guys can't help it, I never thought about the lyrics till i looked them up, and well i was a little shocked at what my fav. song of their's ment...........But i still like them, Maybe i should get some help for this adiction LOL :wacko: ..........Well thats what i get for confiscating a cd of theirs from my son and listening to it...........Lets just say he never got it back :D

All in fun......I repeat All in fun.........dont hit me to hard on this one :D

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by lisajo+Nov 18 2005, 10:58 AM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-Fiannan@Nov 17 2005, 10:05 PM

OK OK I Confess..............I am a GREENDAY Freak!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :ahhh:

Sorry guys can't help it, I never thought about the lyrics till i looked them up, and well i was a little shocked at what my fav. song of their's ment...........But i still like them, Maybe i should get some help for this adiction LOL :wacko: ..........Well thats what i get for confiscating a cd of theirs from my son and listening to it...........Lets just say he never got it back :D

All in fun......I repeat All in fun.........dont hit me to hard on this one :D

LOL...

Originally posted by LDSister@Nov 18 2005, 08:12 AM

Because one refuses to acknowledge that these things exist, doesn't make them any less real. Kids are impressionable, and as their guardians we have a duty to protect them from harm...even by evil lyrics in music. Remember what Marilyn Manson said...if parents don't take care of their children, he will. Perhaps you should listen less to the music demons.

Nor does one's insistence that it exists make it so. As I said, if you seek evil hard enough, you will find it. I find this talk of "music demons" very silly. Of all the times I've seen Mick Jagger without a shirt, I never saw a tattoo, let alone one of "Satan".

Frankly I believe my judgment of music is much more rational than yours, just from what I'm seeing here. ^_^ Marilyn Manson banks on the irrational fears of these people; he can't buy that kind of publicity. Personally I think his music is pretty awful, but he stays popular because of the great coverage he gets from these groups. People picket and make videos claiming he's "satanic", so the kids think there must be something there worth listening to. So take the advice and PARENT, but don't try to lay parenting problems on the music the kids listen to. A reasonably intelligent parent will discuss music with their children and explain what is appropriate and what is real. A person who really believes that listening to bands like Metallica will lead a child to "satanism" is on the weak-minded side. Then again, a child with no parental leadership can go anywhere, can't they?

Nonetheless the self-proclaimed "experts" will continue to find "evil" in whatever they don't like (and sell books and videos about it), and the gullible will continue to lap it up. B)

Originally posted by Please@Nov 18 2005, 10:34 AM

I think if we could all see ourselves as others see us, we would see how music effects us... deeply...

It is just we are so blind sometimes...

I have become much wiser in my old age than I was when I was in my youth... and now seek out music that will sooth and uplift...

I have come to understand the power of music, not only on my mentality, but my physical body and spiritual heart....

Getting to understand the 'forces' that others in the music industry already understand and use to their own ends... is important today ... espeically for the youth...

That's why you use your judgment to decide what to listen to at what time. I wouldn't want my kids listening to anything hard before Church or seminary, even if it's so-called "Contemporary Christian" music. I want them to be in a peaceful state, so they hear soft music; classical or hymns.

I'll give an example of what I mean. Remember Stryper, the Christian heavy metal group? They had a very positive message, but I wouldn't play it while I'm studying scriptures or going to church. It's more about the energy of the music than the lyrics. That said, my kids don't hear music with profanity either, as they know it's wrong and that would send the message that it's okay.

Guest LDSister

Originally posted by Outshined@Nov 18 2005, 01:34 PM

Nor does one's insistence that it exists make it so. As I said, if you seek evil hard enough, you will find it. I find this talk of "music demons" very silly. Of all the times I've seen Mick Jagger without a shirt, I never saw a tattoo, let alone one of "Satan".

Frankly I believe my judgment of music is much more rational than yours, just from what I'm seeing here. ^_^  Marilyn Manson banks on the irrational fears of these people; he can't buy that kind of publicity. Personally I think his music is pretty awful, but he stays popular because of the great coverage he gets from these groups. People picket and make videos claiming he's "satanic", so the kids think there must be something there worth listening to. So take the advice and PARENT, but don't try to lay parenting problems on the music the kids listen to. A reasonably intelligent parent will discuss music with their children and explain what is appropriate and what is real. A person who really believes that listening to bands like Metallica will lead a child to "satanism" is on the weak-minded side. Then again, a child with no parental leadership can go anywhere, can't they?

Nonetheless the self-proclaimed "experts" will continue to find "evil" in whatever they don't like (and sell books and videos about it), and the gullible will continue to lap it up. B)

There really is no sense in debating you on this subject, because I have seen the video, and you haven't. If you should decide to view the video yourself, then we can discuss it. Until then, there's no use in your arguing that I haven't seen what I have seen. It's not my "insistence" that is speaking here...it is evidence. If one buries their head in the sand, they will remain in the dark. Simply because you have not seen Jagger's tattoos, does not mean they do not exist...I saw them, they are on the video, and they exist.

As far as my knowledge of music is concerned, it might interest you to know that I taught myself how to play the guitar when I was a teenager, and I have led singalongs for parties, including for the Governor of AZ. When I was 19, I turned down a recording contract from the largest record producer in AZ. I chose to get married, as opposed to being a part of the music industry in which ppl like Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, and Jimi Hendrix were dropping dead from drug overdose.

In regard to Marilyn Manson, I saw him on video hailing satan and shredding the Bible. The killers of Columbine admitted to being influenced by heavy metal groups which promote school violence and satanism (re: "When Bullet Hits Bone", and who can forget Rammstein's "Satan")...all evidence of the existence and validity of the evil in "Today's Music".

God forbid, if one of your children joined a cult, or the occult...I guarantee, you would be knocking on one of the "self proclaimed" cult experts's doors to try to get your child back.

Originally posted by LDSister@Nov 18 2005, 02:45 PM

There really is no sense in debating you on this subject, because I have seen the  video, and you haven't.  If you should decide to view the video yourself, then we can discuss it. 

I've seen plenty of them; I know what they're pushing. :rolleyes:

Until then, there's no use in your arguing that I haven't seen what I have seen. It's not my "insistence" that is speaking here...it is evidence. If one buries their head in the sand, they will remain in the dark. Simply because you have not seen Jagger's tattoos, does not mean they do not exist...I saw them, they are on the video, and they exist.

Posted Image If you say so...

As far as my knowledge of music is concerned, it might interest you to know that I taught myself how to play the guitar when I was a teenager, and I have led singalongs for parties, including for the Governor of AZ. When I was 19, I turned down a recording contract from the largest record producer in AZ. I chose to get married, as opposed to being a part of the music industry in which ppl like Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, and Jimi Hendrix were dropping dead from drug overdose.

So that makes your belief in "music demons" rational? I disagree.

In regard to Marilyn Manson, I saw him on video hailing satan and shredding the Bible. The killers of Columbine admitted to being influenced by heavy metal groups which promote school violence and satanism (re: "When Bullet Hits Bone", and who can forget Rammstein's "Satan")...all evidence of the existence and validity of the evil in "Today's Music".

More like evidence of the sales and attention that are generated from hysterical protests.

God forbid, if one of your children joined a cult, or the occult...I guarantee, you would be knocking on one of the "self proclaimed" cult experts's doors to try to get your child back.

You mean like Amway? :lol: Not at all, as I don't believe any of those quacks knows what they're talking about; it's a sales gimmick for them. I'd go to the Church leadership, of course. ;)

But you're right; it isn't doing much good to debate it as we won't agree on the subject. B)

Guest Member_Deleted

I am amazed the lengths you went to to avoid admitting that music influences people for either good or bad.

Add to the music ... video... and you really have a powerful tool....

Your beating a dead horse here!!!!!!!!!

Some music is good

some music is bad

Free agency is ours...........

If we raise our kids right they'll use their free agency right

doesnt mean well all turn into devil warshipers if we listen To Ozzy!!!!!!!!!

What more can be said????????????????????

Guest LDSister

Ah, the wonders of body makeup! Are you so naive to believe that Jagger would expose his tattoos of satan on an album cover? I wonder where Jagger's spirit has wandered off to?! :lol: (re: http://www.rock-pop-tipps.de/images/mick-j...ing-spirit.jpg)

The fact that "music demons" exist is undebatable.

The fact that I have seen what I have seen, is undebatable.

The fact that you have not seen what I have seen, is undebatable.

Originally posted by Please@Nov 18 2005, 03:00 PM

I am amazed the lengths you went to to avoid admitting that music influences people for either good or bad.

Add to the music ... video... and you really have a powerful tool....

If you're referring to me, I did mention that it affects your spirit, did I not? :hmmm:

It will not make a good person bad nor a bad person good, but music can affect your mood, as I said before. Throw in video (and nowadays, video games), and you can tell kids that it's okay to dress provocatively, violence and profanity are acceptable, and that sexuality is a tool.

The strongest counter to such influences is parents. If you let them listen to everything without discussion, guidance, or limit, you'll get a big wakeup sooner or later.

Originally posted by lisajo@Nov 18 2005, 01:06 PM

Your beating a dead horse here!!!!!!!!!

Some music is good

some music is bad

Free agency is ours...........

If we raise our kids right they'll use their free agency right

doesnt mean well all turn into devil warshipers if we listen To Ozzy!!!!!!!!!

What more can be said????????????????????

Originally posted by LDSister@Nov 18 2005, 03:07 PM

Ah, the wonders of body makeup! Are you so naive to believe that Jagger would expose his tattoos of satan on an album cover? I wonder where Jagger's spirit has wandered off to?!

Yeah, he hides it in concert, videos, album covers, and only uncovers it for special concerts? I've seen him myself in person; no tattoos. :lol::lol:

The fact that "music demons" exist is undebatable.

Entirely debatable, and even comical. B)

The fact that I have seen what I have seen, is undebatable.

Or at least what someone wanted you to see. Have you considered that it was a temporary tattoo? He sure didn't have them when I saw him, or in any picture I've seen.

The fact that you have not seen what I have seen, is undebatable.

The same holds true for what I've seen that you haven't, doesn't it? Right back atcha! B)