Today's Music

Guest Ari 2

Guest LDSister

Originally posted by pushka@Nov 18 2005, 06:26 PM

I'd be really interested, as I'm a big Beatles fan, and especially of George Harrison and John Lennon...

Must admit that I don't fancy having to spend money to see the video which apparently proves them to be satanists, as I do feel this is probably a money making exploitative venture on the part of the website concerned...wouldn't object to receiving a copy of it on a cdr tho, if anyone is able to 'capture' it? :)

There is more on Lennon than Harrison in the video. You might be interested in checking out the website yourself... www.goodfight.org. I couldn't find anything specifically about the Beatles or the Stones in print, and that's what I was looking for when I found the stuff on Ozzy. I don't think the ministry makes all that much money on their tapes...you can read more about them under "About Us". Look for the printed stuff under "Articles". There are video clips of different rock stars, particularly Harrison and Lennon, but I couldn't get it to work on my computer...perhaps you'd have better luck. Also, there may be alot on Manson (under Articles), and you might even find out the validity of the dog story. If you find some interesting stuff, be sure and let me know. ;)

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I am getting old, or stuck in some weird time warp, because I find myself going back to older music. I love anything catchy, bubble gummy, or romantic. I find the music of today sometimes a bit too angst driven. I guess it just reflects the times. Music affects me greatly. So I try to always find uplifting and positive stuff to hear with a good beat for dancing.

As for STRYPER they still rock!!! I just saw them in concert a few weeks ago and they have a new CD!!! Check to see if they are coming to a city near you.

Originally posted by Justlooking@Nov 18 2005, 06:38 PM

Maybe I am getting old, or stuck in some weird time warp, because I find myself going back to older music. I love anything catchy, bubble gummy, or romantic. I find the music of today sometimes a bit too angst driven. I guess it just reflects the times. Music affects me greatly. So I try to always find uplifting and positive stuff to hear with a good beat for dancing.

As for STRYPER they still rock!!! I just saw them in concert a few weeks ago and they have a new CD!!! Check to see if they are coming to a city near you.

This is interesting. I think that it's not an age thing, but more like a gender thing. I personally can't stand anything "catchy, bubble gummy, or romantic". To me it sounds so contrived and I hate the feeling that I am being patronized. I love (most) of the music of Tool... talk about angst, they are intensely angry, but it is the honesty in their music that draws me to it. But I also do like some music that is up lifting, and is sincere in their happiness or love. Unfortunately its hard to find an artist or band that can be continuously honestly happy. But I find that most of the female gender are drawn more towards music that is happy or about love... just a few thoughts.

Originally posted by Justlooking@Nov 18 2005, 06:38 PM

I heard they had a new album! Back in the day they could really tear it up; I have just about every album they did.

Are they still good, or has age caught up?

Originally posted by LDSister+Nov 19 2005, 12:36 AM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-pushka@Nov 18 2005, 06:26 PM

I'd be really interested, as I'm a big Beatles fan, and especially of George Harrison and John Lennon...

Must admit that I don't fancy having to spend money to see the video which apparently proves them to be satanists, as I do feel this is probably a money making exploitative venture on the part of the website concerned...wouldn't object to receiving a copy of it on a cdr tho, if anyone is able to 'capture' it? :)

There is more on Lennon than Harrison in the video. You might be interested in checking out the website yourself... www.goodfight.org. I couldn't find anything specifically about the Beatles or the Stones in print, and that's what I was looking for when I found the stuff on Ozzy. I don't think the ministry makes all that much money on their tapes...you can read more about them under "About Us". Look for the printed stuff under "Articles". There are video clips of different rock stars, particularly Harrison and Lennon, but I couldn't get it to work on my computer...perhaps you'd have better luck. Also, there may be alot on Manson (under Articles), and you might even find out the validity of the dog story. If you find some interesting stuff, be sure and let me know. ;)

Well, I've just watched the trailer for the video...all 28.30 minutes of it...and I'm afraid my conclusion is that it's all just sensationalist rubbish!!

I enjoyed the clips of the artists in concert, particularly Robert Plant singing Stairway to Heaven which is one of my all time favourite songs...I would almost certainly bet that the 'spirit' speaking thru him saying all that weird stuff when parts of the performance are played backwards is just a con. for a start the words are too easy to hear...the diction too clear...playing songs backwards and trying to read messages into them was a great pasttime in the 60's but should have stayed there...sorry, I'm not convinced by that particular part of the trailer.

I don't care for the allegations against John Lennon and Yoko Ono and their satanic sacrifices! I agree that they were both interested in astrology and tarot card readings, but satanists! Albert Goldman, the man who wrote a 'nasty' book about Elvis Presley too is not best known for his truthful biographies..he's just a sensationalist writer. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Goldman Personally, I think to blame John Lennon's death on a supposed pact which he and Yoko Ono had made with the devil, in which they supposedly made a blood sacrifice, is disgusting!

I take issue with the reference to Queen being satanists too...just because they happened to mention Beelzebub in their song Bohemian Rhapsody...this song wasn't autobiographical...Freddie Mercury was referring to a character in the song, not to himself...I think I would summise the same about most of the other lyrics which were quoted from other artists in this trailer.

I only heard 1 artist refer to himself, directly on film, as being a satanist and of being possessed.

As for Mick Jagger...yes, it's there for all to see...a great big illustration on his left arm, of a devilish face...plus many other illustrations on his chest and other arms...as Outshined suggested, these were most likely temporary tattooes, otherwise he must have gone thru great pain to have them removed in later life, and where's the scar tissue? Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones have always courted controversy, and Sympathy for the Devil was particularly used by them in this way...I truly do not believe that they were real devil worshippers...however, I don't mind doing some research into them to find out for sure...I have some old biographies of them here in the house somewhere, and will read online too.

Personally, I find that watching this video trailer has renewed my interest in those artists, and inspired me to purchase some of their materials again...music, videos, books and interviews...as Outshine said again, they couldn't buy the sort of publicity that this website and its video are giving them...WELL DONE 'fight the good fight' :P LOL

Originally posted by pushka@Nov 18 2005, 07:24 PM

Well, I've just watched the trailer for the video...all 28.30 minutes of it...and I'm afraid my conclusion is that it's all just sensationalist rubbish!!

I enjoyed the clips of the artists in concert, particularly Robert Plant singing Stairway to Heaven which is one of my all time favourite songs...I would almost certainly bet that the 'spirit' speaking thru him saying all that weird stuff when parts of the performance are played backwards is just a con. for a start the words are too easy to hear...the diction too clear...playing songs backwards and trying to read messages into them was a great pasttime in the 60's but should have stayed there...sorry, I'm not convinced by that particular part of the trailer.

I don't care for the allegations against John Lennon and Yoko Ono and their satanic sacrifices!  I agree that they were both interested in astrology and tarot card readings, but satanists!  Albert Goldman, the man who wrote a 'nasty' book about Elvis Presley too is not best known for his truthful biographies..he's just a sensationalist writer.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Goldman Personally, I think to blame John Lennon's death on a supposed pact which he and Yoko Ono had made with the devil, in which they supposedly made a blood sacrifice, is disgusting!

I take issue with the reference to Queen being satanists too...just because they happened to mention Beelzebub in their song Bohemian Rhapsody...this song wasn't autobiographical...Freddie Mercury was referring to a character in the song, not to himself...I think I would summise the same about most of the other lyrics which were quoted from other artists in this trailer. 

I only heard 1 artist refer to himself, directly on film, as being a satanist and of being possessed.

As for Mick Jagger...yes, it's there for all to see...a great big illustration on his left arm, of a devilish face...plus many other illustrations on his chest and other arms...as Outshined suggested, these were most likely temporary tattooes, otherwise he must have gone thru great pain to have them removed in later life, and where's the scar tissue?  Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones have always courted controversy, and Sympathy for the Devil was particularly used by them in this way...I truly do not believe that they were real devil worshippers...however, I don't mind doing some research into them to find out for sure...I have some old biographies of them here in the house somewhere, and will read online too.

Personally, I find that watching this video trailer has renewed my interest in those artists, and inspired me to purchase some of their materials again...music, videos, books and interviews...as Outshine said again, they couldn't buy the sort of publicity that this website and its video are giving them...WELL DONE 'fight the good fight'  :P  LOL

LOL i guess that ones off my veiwing list............. ;)

Originally posted by lisajo@Nov 19 2005, 03:28 AM

LOL i guess that ones off my veiwing list............. ;)

Sorry everyone, but I'm becoming a little obsessed by this thread...must be the devil in me! :P

Anyway, I couldn't miss the opportunity to reprint the lyrics to a Satanic song from George Harrison, which I just happened to stumble upon..teehee...

Here Goes:

Song: Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)

Duration: 3.36

Track No.: 1

Composer: George Harrison

Vocals: George Harrison

Year: 1973--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Lyrics:

Give me love

Give me love

Give me peace on earth

Give me light

Give me life

Keep me free from birth

Give me hope

Help me cope, with this heavy load

Trying to, touch and reach you with,

heart and soul

OM M M M M M M M M M M M M M

M M M My Lord . . .

PLEASE take hold of my hand, that

I might understand you

Won't you please

Oh won't you

Give me love

Give me love

Give me peace on earth

Give me light

Give me life

Keep me free from birth

Give me hope

Help me cope, with this heavy load

heart and soul

OM M M M M M M M M M M M M M

M M M My Lord . . .

PLEASE take hold of my hand, that

I might understand you

See! proof that George Harrison was a satanist!!! in his own words...LOL

Guest LDSister

My husband and I did some reading this evening in the website...particularly about Ozzy (the things I didn't quote here). It is amazing how ppl can justify listening to this music, but as BenRaines said...we all have our free agency.

I feel for that 19 yr old boy who commited suicide listening to Ozzy's "music"... when I was 19, I turned down a recording contract, as opposed to getting involved in a music industry where ppl were dropping dead from drug overdose...Joplin, Morrison, Hendrix...

I believe I made the right decision then, and I'm making the right decision now, by trying to reach ppl with the truth and how it is negatively influencing our youth...and our world...thru satanic music.

Originally posted by Outshined+Nov 18 2005, 06:52 PM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-Justlooking@Nov 18 2005, 06:38 PM

I heard they had a new album! Back in the day they could really tear it up; I have just about every album they did.

Are they still good, or has age caught up?

Yeah, they are still good. I even managed to shove my way to the 2nd row of the moshpit. They have a new bass player and he is really good. I even got hit in the head by one of the bibles he was trying to throw to me. So he threw me a pick instead. After the show they had a meet and greet and we all laughed about it.

Originally posted by lisajo@Nov 18 2005, 02:06 PM

Your beating a dead horse here!!!!!!!!!

Some music is good

some music is bad

Free agency is ours...........

If we raise our kids right they'll use their free agency right

doesnt mean well all turn into devil warshipers if we listen To Ozzy!!!!!!!!!

What more can be said????????????????????

Took the words right out of my mouth! YOU are so cool LisaJo! :)

Give me LOVE

Give me LOVE

Give me PEACE on earth

Give me LIGHT

Give me LIFE

KEEP ME FREE from birth

Give me HOPE

Help me COPE, with this heavy load

heart and soul

Thanks Pushka for sharing those satanistic words with us from that horrid man.

I smile to remember George Harrison....one of my favorites

A man who stood up for what he believes in

And I won't think badly of him because "someone" says. ;)

Originally posted by Lindy@Nov 18 2005, 10:15 PM

Give me LOVE

Give me LOVE

Give me PEACE on earth

Give me LIGHT

Give me LIFE

KEEP ME FREE from birth

Give me HOPE

Help me COPE, with this heavy load

heart and soul

Thanks Pushka for sharing those satanistic words with us from that horrid man.

I smile to remember George Harrison....one of my favorites

A man who stood up for what he believes in

And I won't think badly of him because "someone" says. ;)

Man i love that song.................

Originally posted by Justlooking@Nov 18 2005, 10:38 PM

Yeah, they are still good. I even managed to shove my way to the 2nd row of the moshpit. They have a new bass player and he is really good. I even got hit in the head by one of the bibles he was trying to throw to me. So he threw me a pick instead. After the show they had a meet and greet and we all laughed about it.

:lol::lol:

Guest LDSister

Originally posted by pushka@Nov 18 2005, 10:21 PM

Sorry everyone, but I'm becoming a little obsessed by this thread...must be the devil in me!  :P

Anyway, I couldn't miss the opportunity to reprint the lyrics to a Satanic song from George Harrison, which I just happened to stumble upon..teehee...

See! proof that George Harrison was a satanist!!!  in his own words...LOL

One comment about Jagger's tattoos...how did they so miraculously disappear? Well, I watched a news story about Barbara Walters and other talk show hostesses, and it was demonstrated how their photos are touched up via computer to make them look thinner and younger. If Jagger did have his satanic tattoos removed, what makes you think that we would see scar tissue? Perhaps Jagger bared his chest to counter what the Goodfight Ministries revealed about him. You saw the tattoos, I saw the tattoos. Would a Christian artist don temporary satanic tattoos to perform a song about satan?

In regard to Harrison...we all know that the Beatles became very involved in TM, as followers of Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. This movement was designed to lead the youth away from Christianity. Satan is the "lord" of this universe, and the New Ager recognizes that they are "gods" within themselves. The song you posted does not prove that Harrison is a Christian. By their fruit ye shall know them...if you follow the Beatles's history, they didn't promote Christianity, they promoted eastern mysticism, and George Harrison was particulary involved in eastern religion. If you study the album cover of Sargeant Pepper, you will see Aleister Crowley, known at the "father of satanism" pictured. Do you think that was an accident? There are other interesting figures pictured on that album, which the video, "They Sold Their Souls To Rock And Roll" reveals. At the same time Sargeant Pepper was released, the Stones released a similar album, with the same figures on their album cover.

We can laugh and make fun, which only feeds into the deception...or, we can, as Christians, become informed and then educate others.

Originally posted by LDSister@Nov 19 2005, 09:14 AM

In regard to Harrison... they didn't promote Christianity, they promoted eastern mysticism, and George Harrison was particulary involved in eastern religion.

Yes, the man was Hindu....nothing wrong with that....he was a quiet, peaceloving, spiritual individual. Just because he didn't follow the mainstream does not make him a product of satan. geeeeeez

In fact, I think I would rather hang with a spiritual Hindu than I would those who call themselves Christian and have fun downgrading others for entertainment.

we can, as Christians, become informed and then educate others.

Yes, but AS Christians....we should have our facts straight and not try to MISinform others......:P

Guest LDSister

Originally posted by Lindy@Nov 19 2005, 10:51 AM

Yes, but AS Christians....we should have our facts straight and not try to MISinform others......:P

I have misinformed no one... I have informed. :)

Originally posted by LDSister@Nov 19 2005, 10:14 AM

One comment about Jagger's tattoos...how did they so miraculously disappear? Well, I watched a news story about Barbara Walters and other talk show hostesses, and it was demonstrated how their photos are touched up via computer to make them look thinner and younger. If Jagger did have his satanic tattoos removed, what makes you think that we would see scar tissue? Perhaps Jagger bared his chest to counter what the Goodfight Ministries revealed about him. You saw the tattoos, I saw the tattoos. Would a Christian artist don temporary satanic tattoos to perform a song about satan?

Sure, and maybe he was "retouched" in concert as well... :lol: My opinion; no such tattoos existed. Maybe he had some painted on for that performance, but he doesn't have them now, nor scars of such.

A better question: why would a performer be willing to bare such a tattoo, kneel and pray to Satan in public, even while being filmed, and yet hide the tattoos and beliefs on album covers and in every other concert? :ph34r:

I smell a "Godmakers" moment... B) B)

Originally posted by LDSister+Nov 19 2005, 09:53 AM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-Lindy@Nov 19 2005, 10:51 AM

And I will politely disagree with you and be done with it.

Guest LDSister

Sure, and maybe he was "retouched" in concert as well... :lol: My opinion; no such tattoos existed. Maybe he had some painted on for that performance, but he doesn't have them now, nor scars of such.

A better question: why would a performer be willing to bare such a tattoo, kneel and pray to Satan in public, even while being filmed, and yet hide the tattoos and beliefs on album covers and in every other concert? :ph34r:

I smell a "Godmakers" moment... B) B)

The tattoos exist and or existed.

To answer your question: Deception

Guest LDSister

Originally posted by Lindy+Nov 19 2005, 11:03 AM-->

Originally posted by LDSister@Nov 19 2005, 09:53 AM

<!--QuoteBegin-Lindy@Nov 19 2005, 10:51 AM

And I will politely disagree with you and be done with it.

You are very wrong.

Originally posted by Outshined@Nov 19 2005, 10:06 AM

By the way, I took the family to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra Christmas concert last Saturday, and it was AWESOME!!

http://www.trans-siberian.com

WOW Outshined! THAT looks like it would be a fantastic concert! I'm sure that everyone had a great time......what an awesome dad!

Originally posted by LDSister@Nov 19 2005, 11:09 AM

The tattoos exist and or existed.

To answer your question: Deception

Sure, the videotape doesn't lie, but the eyes of millions do. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

In reply to the answer: Not likely. More likely: someone is selling an outrageous videotape "exposing evil" in music. Sounds just like Mr. Decker, doesn't it? :hmmm: