Today's Music

Guest Ari 2

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Setheus@Nov 21 2005, 11:41 AM

Has anyone heard "The greatest and best song in the world--Tribute" by Jack Black of Tenacious D

ITs FREEKIN AWSOME!!!  It has everything.  Angels, demons, brothers working together for good.  It even has a dark dusty road. :excl:  :excl:

Nope never heard of it..........sounds interesting though

Originally posted by Setheus@Nov 21 2005, 07:41 PM

Has anyone heard "The greatest and best song in the world--Tribute" by Jack Black of Tenacious D

ITs FREEKIN AWSOME!!!  It has everything.  Angels, demons, brothers working together for good.  It even has a dark dusty road. :excl:  :excl:

Yeah! I've heard of it and downloaded the video when it was around...superbly funny stuff!!!

Outshined, thanks for the interesting article re the artist from Rush...

Originally posted by Setheus@Nov 21 2005, 07:41 PM

Love that song too, I downloaded the album, and had to delete every song but that and Wonderboy, but those two songs were worth it... "What powers you ask, how about the power to kill a yak... from tow hundred yards away...... with MIND BULLETS!!!"

Never, never, never, ever see that movie! I think that it is one of the most cheesy- false representation of mormon culture there ever was. No offense intended, but I would advise anyone who wants to keep there lunch in their stomaches not to watch this movie!

BUT JIMMY YOU PROMISED!!! :sick:

Originally posted by seamusz@Nov 21 2005, 06:54 PM

Never, never, never, ever see that movie!  I think that it is one of the most cheesy- false representation of mormon culture there ever was.  No offense intended, but I would advise anyone who wants to keep there lunch in their stomaches not to watch this movie!

BUT JIMMY YOU PROMISED!!! :sick:

Yeah, I've heard it was a bit corny.

Guest LDSister

Originally posted by pushka@Nov 21 2005, 06:47 PM

Never heard of it Ari...sorry.

Pushka,

My hubby & I went to see the stage play, and it was terrific! The story centers around a family, and their son who rebels. Saturday's Warrior has been seen by millions of ppl world-wide.

Guest LDSister

Originally posted by Josie@Nov 21 2005, 07:47 PM

I knew I was behind times.  That is not the Saturday's warrior I am familiar with lol.  But I am talking 30 years ago, heehee.  Oh well....

It would be worth seeing, Josie...if you ever have the opportunity.

Guest LDSister

Originally posted by Josie@Nov 21 2005, 08:58 PM

I am satisfied with the one I saw, but if I get the chance, I will see.  I like the original.  But again, I am old fashioned..

Which play did you see, Josie? I also enjoy listening to My Turn On Earth, and Star Child. When my daughter was a baby, I would put Star Child on the stereo to get her to sleep.

Originally posted by lisajo+Nov 15 2005, 12:01 PM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-Ari@Nov 15 2005, 09:54 AM

We like to watch TBN from time to time, and on Halloween night they televised a special by Christian performer, Carman.  I've been listening to alot of his music, and it's a great alternative to the popular rap crap that kids are exposed to.  His music tells a story, which usually teaches a great lesson and is very empowering for Christians.

My kids like the cd's from singlesward, RM & home teachers, the songs from Primary and some Hyms are done with a little pazzaz!...............

I think that the soudtrack from singles ward and all those stupid movies are HORRIBLE... they take church music and drive the spirit out with the changed lyrics and the drums and guitars.. and whatever else they do to the music.. I HATE it.. I think it is horrible and disrespectful!!

Originally posted by Amy+Nov 22 2005, 02:56 PM-->

Originally posted by lisajo@Nov 15 2005, 12:01 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-Ari@Nov 15 2005, 09:54 AM

We like to watch TBN from time to time, and on Halloween night they televised a special by Christian performer, Carman.  I've been listening to alot of his music, and it's a great alternative to the popular rap crap that kids are exposed to.  His music tells a story, which usually teaches a great lesson and is very empowering for Christians.

My kids like the cd's from singlesward, RM & home teachers, the songs from Primary and some Hyms are done with a little pazzaz!...............

I think that the soudtrack from singles ward and all those stupid movies are HORRIBLE... they take church music and drive the spirit out with the changed lyrics and the drums and guitars.. and whatever else they do to the music.. I HATE it.. I think it is horrible and disrespectful!!

LOL amy........they dont change the words and the spirit is there...........just old primary songs ya know