Today's Music

Guest Ari 2

Originally posted by Lindy+Nov 19 2005, 11:10 AM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-Outshined@Nov 19 2005, 10:06 AM

By the way, I took the family to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra Christmas concert last Saturday, and it was AWESOME!!

http://www.trans-siberian.com

WOW Outshined! THAT looks like it would be a fantastic concert! I'm sure that everyone had a great time......what an awesome dad!

It was a blast; I can't say enough about what a show they put on. One of the best I've ever seen. :sparklygrin::sparklygrin:

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Outshined@Nov 19 2005, 09:02 AM

A better question: why would a performer be willing to bare such a tattoo, kneel and pray to Satan in public, even while being filmed, and yet hide the tattoos and beliefs on album covers and in every other concert? :ph34r:

I smell a "Godmakers" moment... B)  B)

AHHHHHHHH good question!!!!!!! does kinda sound stupid EHHH? :wacko:

Guest LDSister

Popular Music Guidelines

By Larry Bastian

As a parent or leader, what should you know about today’s music?

Larry Bastian, “Popular Music Guidelines,” Ensign, Apr. 1974, 37

In December of 1970, the First Presidency stated:

“Through music, man’s ability to express himself extends beyond the limits of the spoken language in both subtlety and power. Music can be used to exalt and inspire or to carry messages of degradation and destruction. It is therefore important that as Latter-day Saints we at all times apply the principles of the gospel and seek the guidance of the Spirit in selecting the music with which we surround ourselves.” (Priesthood Bulletin, December 1970, p. 10.)

Elder Boyd K. Packer reemphasized that position when he spoke about the influence of music during the October 1973 General Conference of the Church. (Ensign, January 1974, p. 25.) He forcefully pointed out the need for youth to be particularly selective in choosing which popular music to listen to. Most will agree that popular music has a significant influence on the lives of young people, and it is the responsibility of priesthood leaders of youth to teach them to use good judgment in this area.

To begin with, however, there must be an atmosphere of mutual interest and understanding. Some leaders, having little knowledge of popular music, hesitate trying to discuss it in any more than a superficial way.

How can we best prepare to communicate effectively about popular music?

First of all, we need to understand something about popular music and why young people are attracted to it. If we condemn a musical presentation for being incompatible with the gospel, we should be able to say why we believe it is incompatible, then teach the principles that will help those who made the selection improve their judgment. We must therefore make the effort to become acquainted with popular music.

The effort to become acquainted probably will require some patient listening and evaluating; this is where the youth can help. From them we can learn what they like and why, how it sounds, and what the lyrics are saying. This task should be approached with an open mind, and we should try to listen through their ears.

Along the way we may find some surprising rewards, because a good deal of contemporary popular music is commendable.

As leaders, we should try to remember how we felt about our music when we were young. Most of us can recall a time in our lives when the latest craze in popular music was important to us, and when we thought it sounded youthful, sophisticated, and exciting. To be accepted as part of the teenage society required at least some acquaintance with current music fads. (This was also true with the latest dance steps, clothing styles, and language expressions.) Our parents probably thought the music was rather silly and not worthy of much attention, but it nonetheless seemed important to us at the time.

As time went by, other interests gradually replaced our fascination with popular music, and we forgot how important it once was. Now, only a generation or two later, we look askance at our children’s captivation with this week’s top 40 hits.

To the young people of today, their music also seems youthful, sophisticated, and exciting. Through it they are able to identify and communicate with their society; it provides a common experience to which each can respond. Their friends expect them to be familiar with it. They hear it everywhere they go. As we talk with youthful members of the Church, we must not discount the seriousness of this issue.

Why, then, should today’s popular music be of any more concern than the music of two or three decades ago was? For one thing, society has undergone a subtle but powerful change: it has become increasingly more permissive in what it will accept in its popular entertainment, including movies, television, books and magazines, the theater, and, of course, music. The philosophies of the world are being promoted more blatantly and more persuasively than ever before.

For example, the moral standards of some of today’s affluent, worldly youth seem to be expressed in this code of conduct: “It’s perfectly all right to do anything at all as long as it doesn’t hurt anyone else.” This philosophy is evident in all forms of contemporary entertainment. Through popular music, we have seen advocated adventures with drugs, abandonment of moral standards, resistance to authority, and inability to restrain passions and selfish desires. Although most young people probably don’t live by this standard, trends during the last few years demonstrate that the idea is gaining wider acceptance all the time.

However, it is important and heartening to note that not all popular music, even so-called “rock” music, promotes this permissive philosophy. Many popular performers consistently produce records that convey optimism and Christian moral values. Our object as leaders should be to teach the youth to select the good and reject the bad. When they do so out of choice, we will know we have succeeded.

Another difference between some of the current popular music and the music of earlier generations is the emotional and rhythmic intensity generated by the performers, and the loudness at which it is presented. Intensity and loudness affect both the degree and quality of the emotional responses of the listeners, and some kinds of this emotional response produce negative effects on spiritual development.

How does one learn to select the best popular music? The answer to this question lies in what a song says, what a performance implies, and what kind of response is elicited. It’s quite easy to evaluate the explicit message of a song by listening to the words. If moral misconduct, the use of drugs, Satan-worship, rejection of legal authority, or any act or attitude contrary to the gospel is advocated, the song should not be used. For example, Jesus Christ, Superstar was found to be unacceptable because its doctrine is incorrect.

The second part of the selection process requires that we evaluate the intent of the performance. Unfortunately, it is possible to make even an innocent song appear “dirty” or evil by the way it is presented. If the intent of a performance is to agitate a negative emotion or to convey an unrighteous desire, even though the message may not be explicitly detailed in words, the work should obviously not be used. Some artists of “superstar” status must be passed by because of their reputations for improper intent in their performance.

Dress, grooming, and body gestures of the performers can convey improper intent, as can a vocal style that intimates more than a song lyric says, or a style that is uncontrolled and animalistic.

The remaining factor is concerned with a combination of loudness, rhythm (“beat”), tempo, the emotional fervor of the performers, and other elements. This combination is called intensity. The intensity of a musical performance is what affects the responses of those listening to it probably more than other factors.

When a performance is very intense, the listener may become emotionally overwhelmed, his thoughts carried away by the music. This effect can be positive, as one may perhaps experience when hearing a rousing performance of the “Hallelujah Chorus”; or it can be detrimental, as when improper thoughts and emotions are inspired.

Intensity can be a special problem at a dance. When dance music is wild and uncontrolled, the dancers may become emotionally overstimulated. At such times they tend to let physical responses and gestures be controlled by the music instead of by their personal wills. Taken to the extreme, this leads to wild and suggestive movements. Under such conditions, the temptation to let one’s thoughts be led into unhealthy channels becomes impossible to resist.

When this happens, the intensity of the music may be reduced by lowering the volume or by changing the beat, tempo, or the performers’ emotional fervor. Often, lowering the volume reduces most of the problem. For example, at moderate loudness, the fast Dixieland style of music to which one would dance the Charleston is unoffensive to most people. When the same music is played at top volume, however, the effect of the beat and tempo are markedly different.

As a suggested guideline for dances, it is recommended that music should not dominate to the point that conversation is impossible. Sometimes, though, loudness by itself is not the problem. Other ways to reduce intensity at a dance are to modify the beat or tempo or to insist on a less emotional performance. It may be necessary to implement a combination of these elements. At a record hop, records should be avoided if they seem so intense at all listening levels that they elicit only a negative emotional response.

Many young people have been conditioned to desire the effect of being overpowered by a surge of rock-music-inspired emotion. Such seems to be the objective of many public youth dances and rock concerts. The challenge then becomes to find a way to teach young people when to use moderation.

To assist, a series of articles about popular music is being prepared for the New Era. These articles hopefully will be useful in discussions between youth and priesthood leaders and in family home evenings. Those who wish to develop more understanding of current popular music should read these articles.

As we engage in a dialogue with our young people, we must be understanding and look at the issue from their point of view, but it is also important to be forthright and not compromise principles of righteousness. As Elder Packer said in his General Conference talk: “It is not the privilege of those called as leaders to slide the Church about as though it were on casters, hoping to put it into the path that men or youth seem already to be traveling.”

The task will not be easy. Sustained effort and patience will be required. Each new generation of young people will need similar guidance.

Someone has said, “The test of a man’s character is what he would do if he knew no one would find out.” So it is with youth and popular music. We may control and improve our Church-sponsored dances, and we may remove objectionable music from our homes, but we will have been really successful only when our young people make the best choices because they want to.

The responsibility is clear. The Lord will help us fulfill it. Our youth will accept counsel that they can understand. We can teach them if we will, and we must.

Gospel topic: music

© 2005 Intellectual Reserve, Inc. All rights reserved.

Guest LDSister

Originally posted by Outshined+Nov 19 2005, 12:46 PM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-LDSister@Nov 19 2005, 12:39 PM

Satanism isn't hype; it's literal...

As per Ozzy Osborn lyric's posted earlier.

Nope, that's marketing.

Nope, that's a rock "star's" admittance to being possessed by the devil and promoting satanism in his lyrics.

Originally posted by LDSister@Nov 19 2005, 12:48 PM

Nope, that's a rock "star's" admittance to being possessed by the devil and promoting satanism in his lyrics.

He's selling a product with notoriety, and some have bought his line completely. :lol::lol: That doesn't require any supposed "possession". I might add the people selling the videos about him are making money on the same principle.

Osbourne is a Catholic, not a "satanist"... :rolleyes:

Guest LDSister

Originally posted by Outshined+Nov 19 2005, 12:53 PM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-LDSister@Nov 19 2005, 12:48 PM

He's selling a product with notoriety, and some have bought his line completely. :lol::lol: That doesn't require any supposed "possession". I might add the people selling the videos about him are making money on the same principle.

Osbourne is a Catholic, not a "satanist"... :rolleyes:

Nowhere in the article about Ozzy did he state he was Catholic. By his own admittance, he is a satanist, and promotes satanism in his music, as per his lyrics and devotion to Aleister Crowley, "father of satanism".

Originally posted by LDSister@Nov 19 2005, 01:07 PM

Nowhere in the article about Ozzy did he state he was Catholic.  By his own admittance, he is a satanist, and promotes satanism in his music, as per his lyrics and devotion to Aleister Crowley, "father of satanism".

I take into account where you got that article... B) From the same peoplpe working to sell you their videos. Perhaps a broader experience would inform you more on that.

From Cornerstone magazine interview (it's a Christian music magazine):

Recently, we got a chance to talk with Ozzy Osbourne (former lead singer for Black Sabbath) as he was passing through Chicago on his latest tour. Although many people might feel that Ozzy is the devil "incarnate," we found him to be friendly, open to talk, and even likeable. We sat down with him in the restaurant of the hotel where he was staying as he was finishing up his meal.

CS: You've always been a symbol, it you will, of rebellion for young people. What's behind that?

OO: I'm into rock'n'roll because rock'n'roll, to me, means freedom. Most guys my age are boring human beings. They sit in bars, get drunk, and then go home to tell their kids the way to rule their lives, while they're absolutely stewed out of their brains. I don't forget what I used to do and so I can't justifiably say to my kid, "Don't you do that," when I used to do it myself.

I'll always be an outrageous character ... But let me tell you a story to show you I'm not such a bad guy. I once did a phone‑in show like where the kids call and ask me anything as long as it's not, "Hey, what do bats taste like?" I get that every five seconds! I'm eating creamed bats at the moment ... [He takes a big bite of brownish pudding he's been eating.] It's a real pain. Ozzy Osbourne goes down in the history books‑the man who ate bats! What a thing to live down on this planet!

Anyway, this kid called in and I said, "Are you coming to the show tonight?" And he says, "No, my mother won't let me." I said, "Put your mother on," and she gets on the phone and I say, "I understand you won't let your son go to the concert" . and she says, "You're a despicable human being! How dare you get on the phone!" I said, "He phoned me." She says, "You shouldn't be allowed on the streets." I said, "I'll tell you what I'll do. I'll give your children the best seats in the hall, my people will take care of you, and then after seeing and meeting me, if you still have the same opinion, you'll have every justifiable reason to think so." She said, "Don't try to put that one on me, I know what you're trying to do to the children of America. It doesn't work in this house, so get off the phone!" I thought, "Well, what do you do?"

CS: Going back to the Black Sabbath days, it seemed like your songs had a lot of spiritual overtones‑kind of a battle between good and evil.

OO: I listen to some of the lyrics I used to write and I say, "Where was my head at when I wrote that?"

CS: That was one of my questions. Could you tell us?

OO: Well, when we were kids, we had a very lower class upbringing. I never had socks for my feet. I had this rock'n'roll band and it was the only way I could do something I really liked. So one day I'm sitting outside this movie house; it was a horror movie and people were saying, "You've got to see this movie!" And I just suddenly thought, people really get off on being scared. They pay money to see green foam come out of people's mouths. And we sit there with a transistor that's blaring, "I love you darling, and the world is flowers and beautiful harps and sunshine," And I'm sitting there thinking, "How can you sing about the lovely world, when it really isn't?" And that's kind of how we got started.

CS: How about the references to the devil in some of those songs ... a lot of people in the past have taken that to mean you're into satanism. What about that, is it for real or just an image?

OO: It's only a role that I play. I mean, I wouldn't know how to conjure up a Christmas cracker! Anybody who thinks Ozzy Osbourne is into Satan and all that doesn't know what they're talking about ... And about the backward messages‑it takes me long enough already to make a record. I'm not going to sit there for another six months going ... [talks gibberish for a few seconds].

I might have mentioned the word "devil," which I suppose Frank Sinatra has in his day, but they don't picket him saying they don't want him in their town. I write the way I think. It's up to your ears to interpret it the way you want. If you choose to think I'm the antichrist, that's your problem. I'm not. I'm just Ozzy, and there's only one Ozzy.

OO: I'm a Christian person. I mean, do you have to go to church to be a Christian? Do you have to walk around giving out leaflets to people to be a Christian? A Christian man is a man who is within himself, who puts out good vibes, I open the door for old ladies, I help old ladies across the road. I do a show for leukemia every year, but I don't broadcast that because it's against my image.

CS: What we're talking about is a personal relationship with God, through Jesus Christ He was God in the flesh, who walked this earth and said, "Hey, I love you. I'm willing to die for you." The Lord can

make a major change in your life, Ozzy.

OO: I'm out doing my deal, I'm turning people on. What's wrong with taking people away from their everyday mundane situation and having a good, fun night for an hour and a half at a rock'n'roll scene? That's what it's about. Fun. It's no big deal. I'm not trying to twist people's heads around. I'm not trying to say, "Believe in me."

CS: But you're not offering them anything positive in their life, something that can really help them.

OO: I'd rather see twenty thousand smiling faces than twenty thousand crying people.

As for his beliefs these days, any interview in the last few years would have straightened you out on that. His wife had her own talk show; she discussed it a bit. The "satanism" bit was an act, and it sold a lot of merchandise. Now it's selling merchandise for the guys trying to "expose the devil" in rock and roll. :lol:

These guys are exactly like Ed Decker.

Guest LDSister

The Osbourne's: Satan's First Family

Many people are wondering how it is that the MTV "reality" program about the dysfunctional family, The Osbourne's, could garner such enormous success as to have MTV groveling in 6-8 million viewers per airing. Others are wondering how Ozzy Osbourne could possibly be praised by President George Bush and former Vice President Dan Quayle not to mention be named as "Father of the Year" in at least one magazine. Some would claim that they like the Osbourne's because viewing such a muddled and chaotic family makes them feel better about their own. Others would claim, sadly, that the show has such appeal because watching a former drug addled rock star hobble around his house barking out expletives and being berated by both wife and children is entertaining.

Does MTV Own Your Children?

Ozzy Osbourne who is now a dinosaur by rock and roll standards is still being used by MTV to influence still millions of more youth. MTV is after our children. If you are a young person, MTV is after you. MTV wants to own you and other youth as their mindless robots! If you think that such a strong accusation is mere conjecture, consider the startling admission made by Bob Pittman, founder and former president of MTV. Pittman outlined a simple two-point plan whereby MTV would be able to accomplish its objective in gaining ownership of our children. The plan was basic, (1) "get their emotions going," (2) "make them forget their logic," and the result will be MTV will "own them." This is no more than a basic brainwashing technique. Pittman stated:

"The strongest appeal you can make is emotionally. If you can get their emotions going, make them forget their logic, you've got them. At MTV, we don't shoot for the 14-year olds, we own them!" (MTV is Rock Around the Clock, Philadelphia Inquirer, Nov. 3, 1982)

For Pittman and MTV the rape of millions of young persons minds was mere child play. Music-television would end up being a powerful tool for transformation and generations of youth have been effectively ruined with MTV's propaganda. MTV is now using Ozzy Osbourne and family to influence millions of viewers.

Ozzy Osbourne and Demonic Possession

Ozzy Osbourne has been quite troubled with the fact that the demons that possess him sometimes so take over his body that he is capable of killing others. Ozzy not only sought to kill his wife but she once found him under a bar clutching a knife after he had killed 17 of their cats! Ozzy has acknowledged that he believed that Satan possessed him and stated that he could relate to the character played by Linda Blair in The Exorcist:

"I really wish I knew why I've done some of the things I've done over the years. Sometimes I think that I'm possessed by some outside spirit. A few years ago, I was convinced of that - I thought I truly was possessed by the devil. I remember sitting through the Exorcist a dozen times, saying to myself, 'Yeah, I can relate to that.'" (Hit Parader, Nov., 1984, p. 49)

Ozzy has admitted:

"I've got many, many demons that affect me on many, many levels…" (Harry Shaw, Ozzy Talking, p. 126)

Sadly, these demonic beings are using Ozzy for destructive purposes as they seek to lead his fans to hell as well as destroy those who would be influenced by his life style. In fact Ozzy's hand holding with the devil almost terminated the life of his wife Sharon. Last year Ozzy Osbourne's wife Sharon explained to Barbara Walters Ozzy's attempt to murder her:

"I was downstairs reading. He came down with just his underpants on. And he's like, 'We've come to a decision.' And I'm like, 'We've'? And he said 'You have to die'. And then he just dived on me and got me down…and was just strangling me. But he was gone. There were blinkers on his eyes. He had gone. It wasn't Ozzy." (20/20, Barbara Walters, Nov. 6, 2002)

In case you are wondering whom Ozzy is referring to when he states, "We've come to a decision…You have to die," Ozzy was referring to the demonic beings possessing him. Sharon Osbourne went on to explain to Barbara Walters:

"He's just got this demon inside of him. He just can't get rid of these little people that live in his head." (20/20, Barbara Walters, Nov. 6, 2002)

Sharon is never quite sure what demonic spirit will manifest when living with Ozzy. People magazine quoted Sharon Osbourne lamenting that living with Ozzy Osborne is like:

"…living with several different people…he'll turn into this Jekyll and Hyde monster. I never know what I'm going to wake up with" (People Magazine, July, 10, 1989, p. 94)

Satan used Sabbath to continue his assault on the young and impressionable by indoctrinating them into destructive lifestyles and beckoning young people to open their hearts to Satan worship. I remember as a teenager that Sabbath's music with its relentless dark rhythms and satanic themes quickly became among our favorite party music. We sensed the incredible power in the music but were clueless to the reality of the satanic forces that held us spellbound and were hurling us toward certain destruction. It was by God's grace and intervention that several of my friends and myself were rescued from eternal perdition before it was to late.

Sadly, millions more are still in bondage to satanic music and need to know the truth before it is too late. In a concert held in Ontario Canada Black Sabbath was reported to go as far as giving an altar call, encouraging their fans to turn to Satan.

Ozzy almost committed suicide after being fired by Black Sabbath. He dragged his first wife, Thelma around by the hair. In 1989 Osbourne was charged with threatening to kill his current wife Sharon Arden. At one point Ozzy nearly strangled her to death.

Satan has given the MTV audience a kinder and gentler Ozzy now fit for public consumption as he has abandoned his former drugs of choice and has been toned down by Prozac and is currently taking 200 milligrams of the antidepressant Zoloff. Ozzy is now somewhat subdued and Satan is able to take millions of people to the edge without Ozzy actually going over yet suggesting to millions of others that there are no serious consequences to such a wicked lifestyle. The fantasy ends when Ozzy has to pay the piper to whom he has sold his soul. Sadly, the demonic forces that are admittedly using Ozzy do not have to get their audience of millions to sell their souls to Satan, they need only seek to keep them from being saved from eternal punishment by keeping them from repenting and coming saving faith in Jesus Christ. The Osbourne's is yet one of many seductive ways to do it!

Family Values or Satanic Values!

Ozzy Osbourne is revealed in MTV's The Osbourne's as a sad caricature of his old self. A shell of a person who, when he is not sleeping walks around as little more than a shell of a person whose mumbled sentences are often laced with disgraceful profanity. He sadly prances around with a drug-addled mind murmuring sacrilege blasphemies and leading not only his children to hell but also millions of others who delight in his persona rather than pray for one who desperately needs salvation. Ozzy's excuses his ungodly behavior and rhetoric by stating, "I know I'm dysfunctional by a long shot, but what Guidelines do we have to go by? The Walton's?"

To tell the truth American Society and Hollywood have definitely strayed from at least a semblance of morality found in earlier family programming like Leave it to Beaver, My Three Sons and Father knows Best.

Episodes, which claim to be reality TV, have 6 cameras set up all over his household recording the average day at the Osbourne mansion. One episode shows Ozzy and his family throwing things in their next-door neighbors yard. This does not stop until Ozzy throws a brick through their window and the police arrive.

The program like a cartoon leads viewers to believe that they can live a life like the Osbourne's and be free of consequences both temporal and eternal. The truth of the matter is that most of those who have adopted Ozzy's lifestyle have long been dead and Ozzy is an exception and by no means the rule. Ozzy Osbourne by his own admission is a miserable person who has no real joy. Ozzy has not only been in a mental institution but has attempted suicide several times to cope with his deep seated depression and the ever tormenting voices of the demons that possess him.

Ozzy knows he should be dead because of his rebellion against God. Yet he lives another day to help lead another generation to destruction. Rock stars who on the average do not live past fifty years of age. Ozzy realizes that like so many before him who met a horrifying end, he to should be dead. Ozzy has stated:

"The list is endless, the number of guys that either committed suicide, OD'd, shot themselves, [expletive] drowned, fell of the [expletive] this or that, or got in a car wreck, or just never woke up, you know, choked on their own vomit, froze to death, set themselves on fire. For every Ozzy Osbourne, there's [expletive] ten dead bodies: Bon Scott, John Bonham. Randy Rhodes."

Rolling Stone asked, Michael J. Bradley, a liberal Philadelphia clinical psychologist supposedly specializing in adolescence, "What [are] 'The Osbourne's' teaches us about parenting". His assessment was disturbing to say the least. While he did acknowledge that the Osbourne "parents had become the children. The adults were out of control." He also said:

"The kids use the f-word every third word…They let their kids finish these profanity laced sentences, and in doing so they are helping the kids figure out their own feelings…It was amazing to watch Ozzy sit there and let his daughter berate him, which is so hard to do. That was a wonderful thing."

The aforementioned quote is proof positive that even so-called professionals have cast Ozzy as a role model for the left. Or should we say the Left-Hand Path! This is the kind of rhetoric we get when we allow the patients to run the asylum. Ozzy is seen as a Father who has abdicated his responsibility to lead his children into a life of righteousness. The Osbourne's are often seen allowing their children to rebel. Sometimes they speak out to no avail only to allow their children to continue to rebel even more. They treat their children's drunkenness, so-called casual sex and profanity with indifference at best at with glee at worst. Sadly, it is not only their own children that they are helping down the greased pole to hell but by the example they provide millions of other undiscerning parents and children they are helping the evil one lead countless other impressionable and awestruck minds down the same pole.

We documented at the beginning of this article that MTV wants your children. MTV has sought to create its own culture through the power of television and music. By wedding two of the most powerful forces in the world (music and television) they have influenced millions of children toward ungodliness.

Sadly, the Roman Catholic Church has been guilty of harboring child molesters who have for years been molesting hundreds of children. The outrage has been a sign that the American public still has a small vestige of a vanishing conscience. Yet where is the outrage over MTV's raping of millions of children's minds and souls. Our children are drowning in a cesspool of immoral filth and pollution, which is destroying their futures. Jesus warns the greedy that exploit children's souls to make money and lead them into sin whether it be a Catholic priest, MTV or Ozzy Osbourne. In fact God's judgment will be powerful and unrelenting. Jesus Christ Himself warned:

"But if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a large millstone hung around his neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea." (Matthew 18:6)

Eternity with Ozzy Osbourne or Jesus Christ?

Ozzy has often given naive Christians an excuse to justify listening to his music by saying "God bless you" at the end of his concerts and at other times. Many rock and rap artists use this ploy to sound sanctimonious when in reality there hearts belong to the evil one. God's word warns that those who mention God with their mouths but are far from Him in heart are on their way to eternal judgment (Matthew 7:13-21). Ozzy Osbourne as the pied piper that he is would have you believe that hell is actually a nice place. In fact we show footage of one of his concerts in our video They Sold Their Soul's for Rock and Roll wherein Ozzy Osbourne tells his fans that if they go to hell with him they will have a great time because he will be there with them. How empty Ozzy Osbourne's promise will be when those who have followed such a ridiculous belief system die and begin the screams of eternal torment that will last for eternity.

One more thing, pray for the Osbourne's and all of those who are leading the multitudes to eternal damnation, as well as those who are ignorantly following them. Pray that God would "…grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will." (2 Tim 2:25-26)

www.goodfight.org

Wow, more quotes from the "ministry" that is making money from this hype.

Again, it is no different from The Godmakers; someone makes a video and (devotes a web site) to "expose the satanic reality of the Mormons", and a certain audience laps it up. Just as it is with these guys. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Note" the same guys have a video "exposing" the "satanic influences" in Harry Potter... :lol::lol:

Guest LDSister

Originally posted by Outshined@Nov 19 2005, 01:40 PM

Wow, more quotes from the "ministry" that is making money from this hype.

Again, it is no different from The Godmakers; someone makes a video and (devotes a web site) to "expose the satanic reality of the Mormons", and a certain audience laps it up. Just as it is with these guys. :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Note" the same guys have a video "exposing" the "satanic influences" in Harry Potter... :lol:  :lol:

The difference between this ministry and "The Godmakers" is the fact that Good Faith Ministries has captured film footage and testimonials by the rock stars themselves, which proves validity.

Originally posted by LDSister@Nov 19 2005, 01:46 PM

The difference between this ministry and "The Godmakers" is the fact that Good Faith Ministries has captured film footage and testimonials by the rock stars themselves, which proves validity.

There is no difference at all. Many have been fooled by The Godmakers, and many will be fooled by this schlock. Those who can think for themselves will not. B) B)

Guest LDSister

Originally posted by Outshined+Nov 19 2005, 01:48 PM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-LDSister@Nov 19 2005, 01:46 PM

There is no difference at all. Many have been fooled by The Godmakers, and many will be fooled by this schlock. Those who can think for themselves will not. B) B)

The difference is that "The Godmakers" is invalid.

Originally posted by Outshined+Nov 19 2005, 12:48 PM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-LDSister@Nov 19 2005, 01:46 PM

Thanks for sharing that interview Outshined.... It's always nice to see the positive side of people.

As for the difference in marketing scams..... I wish I could get ahold of those "testimonial" tapes and a good sledgehammer.

In fact I think I'll go out and buy an Ozzy O cd today....just cause!

You gotta stand for something....or fall for anything!

In fact, I think I will email his fan club and tell them I have a new found respect for the man! :)

Guest LDSister

Music and Self-Respect

“Young people, you cannot afford to fill your mind with the unworthy hard music of our day. It is not harmless. It can welcome onto the stage of your mind unworthy thoughts and set the tempo to which they dance and to which you may act.

“You degrade yourself when you identify with all of those things which seem now to surround such extremes in music: the shabbiness, the irreverence, the immorality, and the addictions. Such music as that is not worthy of you. You should have self-respect.

“You are a son or a daughter of Almighty God. He has inspired a world full of wonderful things to learn and to do, uplifting music of many kinds that you may enjoy.”

—President Boyd K. Packer, Acting President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, “Inspiring Music—Worthy Thoughts,” Ensign, Jan. 1974, 28.

Originally posted by LDSister@Nov 19 2005, 12:51 PM

Music and Self-Respect

“Young people, you cannot afford to fill your mind with the unworthy hard music of our day. It is not harmless. It can welcome onto the stage of your mind unworthy thoughts and set the tempo to which they dance and to which you may act.

“You degrade yourself when you identify with all of those things which seem now to surround such extremes in music: the shabbiness, the irreverence, the immorality, and the addictions. Such music as that is not worthy of you. You should have self-respect.

“You are a son or a daughter of Almighty God. He has inspired a world full of wonderful things to learn and to do, uplifting music of many kinds that you may enjoy.”

—President Boyd K. Packer, Acting President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, “Inspiring Music—Worthy Thoughts,” Ensign, Jan. 1974, 28.

Wow actually a quote from our church what a switchhhhhhhhhhhh :dontknow:

Guest LDSister

Originally posted by Outshined+Nov 19 2005, 02:55 PM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-lisajo@Nov 19 2005, 02:53 PM

Wow actually a quote from our church what a switchhhhhhhhhhhh :dontknow:

With no silly "satanism" references! B) :idea:

Do you find Satanism silly, Outshined?

lisajo, I have been quoting Church leaders/scripture ever since I joined.