Guest Ari 2

Originally posted by lisajo+Nov 18 2005, 03:09 PM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-lisajo@Nov 18 2005, 01:06 PM

Your beating a dead horse here!!!!!!!!!

Some music is good

some music is bad

Free agency is ours...........

If we raise our kids right they'll use their free agency right

doesnt mean well all turn into devil warshipers if we listen To Ozzy!!!!!!!!!

What more can be said????????????????????

:wub::wub: true! :wub::wub:

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LDSister

Originally posted by lisajo@Nov 18 2005, 03:06 PM

Your beating a dead horse here!!!!!!!!!

Some music is good

some music is bad

Free agency is ours...........

If we raise our kids right they'll use their free agency right

doesnt mean well all turn into devil warshipers if we listen To Ozzy!!!!!!!!!

What more can be said????????????????????

On the video, I saw Ozzy Osborn dressed like satan...horns and all. Did you know that you can purchase Ozzy tshirts with a picture of satan on the front at his concerts? I even heard Ozzy hailing satan on this video.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck!

What more can be said indeed? :hmmm:

Originally posted by LDSister@Nov 18 2005, 03:14 PM

On the video, I saw Ozzy Osborn dressed like satan...horns and all. Did you know that you can purchase Ozzy tshirts with a picture of satan on the front at his concerts? I even heard Ozzy hailing satan on this video.

Or at least a great sales gimmick... B)

By the way, from the interviews I've seen, the Osbournes are Catholic.

Originally posted by Outshined+Nov 18 2005, 03:15 PM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-LDSister@Nov 18 2005, 03:14 PM

Or at least a great sales gimmick... B)

C'mon Outshined...you don't really think that these good Christian organizations are exposing the Satanic influences in Music just to make a buck themselves!! :o:o

;)

Guest LDSister

THEY SOLD THEIR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL

This four hour video 2-tape set (VHS format) is a "must see" music documentary exposing the Satanic influence behind yesterday and today's secular music. It contains irrefutable evidence that demonic beings are leading the world to destruction in fulfillment of biblical prophecy.

Don't miss out on the opportunity to own your own copy of this eye opening exposé which is sure to convince even the hardest of skeptics!

For a limited time we have drastically reduced our price by 25% in order to get this one of a kind evangelical tool into as many hands as possible.

Own a copy of They Sold Their Souls for Rock and Roll for only $24.95 (please add $5.00 for shipping, regardless of quantity ordered.

This tape series is offered exclusively through Fight the Good Fight Ministries.

To order by phone call toll free:

(866)JC-TRUTH

To order by check or money order,

make payable to:

Fight The Good Fight Ministries

P. O. BOX 2202

Simi Valley, CA 93062

For further ordering assistance call (805) 522-7005

or

email: [email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

©2005 FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT MINISTRIES

(album)

We Sold Our Soul for Rock 'n' Roll

Black Sabbath

Originally posted by LDSister@Nov 18 2005, 01:28 PM

THEY SOLD THEIR SOULS FOR ROCK AND ROLL

This four hour video 2-tape set (VHS format) is a "must see" music documentary exposing the Satanic influence behind yesterday and today's secular music. It contains irrefutable evidence that demonic beings are leading the world to destruction in fulfillment of biblical prophecy.

Don't miss out on the opportunity to own your own copy of this eye opening exposé which is sure to convince even the hardest of skeptics!

For a limited time we have drastically reduced our price by 25% in order to get this one of a kind evangelical tool into as many hands as possible.

Own a copy of They Sold Their Souls for Rock and Roll for only $24.95 (please add $5.00 for shipping, regardless of quantity ordered.

This tape series is offered exclusively through Fight the Good Fight Ministries.

To order by phone call toll free:

(866)JC-TRUTH

To order by check or money order,

make payable to:

Fight The Good Fight Ministries

P. O. BOX 2202

Simi Valley, CA 93062

For further ordering assistance call (805) 522-7005

or

email: [email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

©2005 FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT MINISTRIES

(album) 

We Sold Our Soul for Rock 'n' Roll

Black Sabbath

Me thinks you get a stake out of this tape.........after all you seem to be pushing it and or others alot!

No offence

Originally posted by Jason@Nov 18 2005, 03:17 PM

C'mon Outshined...you don't really think that these good Christian organizations are exposing the Satanic influences in Music just to make a buck themselves!!  :o  :o

;)

No more than a certain Mr. Decker was when he made The Godmakers to "expose the Satanic influences" in the LDS Church... They have the same credibility in my book.

:lol::lol:

Originally posted by seamusz@Nov 18 2005, 03:35 PM

Hey, Outshined, this thread made me think of a question Ive been meaning to ask you, I was wondering if your name is from the Soundgarden song... just curious.  Anyway, my views are pretty much along yours.

Yes, it is; one of my all-time favorite songs! You're one of the only people to ever guess its origins. B)

Oh no and I saw Jon Lovitz as Mestopholiz or Lucifer on SNL. I had better go and see the Bishop.

Joseph Smith "I teach them correct principles and let them govern themselves"

There is no such thing as free agency. It is agency, right to choose. Nothing free about it. Each of us has our agency to choose.

If you believe in a judgement then that is where we will be held accountable of how we used or abused that agency.

Because some people look for the devil so hard they find him everywhere. Truth be told, if they are consistent they'll have to stop listening to anything that isn't religious (and about half of that :lol: ).

I'm not one that sees demons behind every secular beat or phrase. It's easy to see the marketing ploy of those bands that play up the satanism angle. Yet, why invest the money God's given me for that garbage? A genre that needs occult imagery and trappings to promote it probably has little actual art to it.

I stopped listening to the music demonizers long ago. There are better things to do than imagine more evil in music. There is some bad influence there, just as in television and movies. but if you're living right, you'll be just fine.  :P

I don't appreciate cheezy music marketing that makes use of occult imagry, and will not patronize it :excl: More importantly, I do not care to consume the vile messages of most secular music, and yes, a small amount of religious music

So, it turns out that your sarcastic solution is correct: Stop listening to [just about -- my alteration] anything that isn't religious and about half of the stuff that is. [subtract the LOL].

Bottom-line question: In a world that is spiritually bankrupt, and one in which even our congregations house people who've been abused, beaten, had marriages destroyed, and who are often so wounded, they are craving basic truths--do we really have time to waste entertaining ourselves with the foolishness of unbelievers?

Originally posted by seamusz@Nov 18 2005, 03:40 PM

Yes, great song, and a great band... by the way, you an Audioslave fan?  I am a fan myself... I liked Rage, I like SG, and thought that Chris Cornell and the guys from rage have a good sound, although they lack some of the depth of either of the band...

Yes, I am a fan; have both albums. They're both very good; different, but good. :patriot:

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by BenRaines@Nov 18 2005, 03:38 PM

Oh no and I saw Jon Lovitz as Mestopholiz or Lucifer on SNL.  I had better go and see the Bishop.

There is no such thing as free agency.  It is agency, right to choose.  Nothing free about it.  Each of us has our agency to choose.

If you believe in a judgement then that is where we will be held accountable of how we used or abused that agency.

Actually there is such a thing as free agency. Free to have agency... Free in that truth/intelligence/light = free and without this freeingness, you would not be able to use agency.

Originally posted by prisonchaplain@Nov 18 2005, 03:40 PM

I'm not one that sees demons behind every secular beat or phrase.  It's easy to see the marketing ploy of those bands that play up the satanism angle.  Yet, why invest the money God's given me for that garbage?  A genre that needs occult imagery and trappings to promote it probably has little actual art to it.

Very good observation. Have you actually heard any of Marilyn Manson's stuff? Blechh! He relies on image and notoriety, not talent, much like Alice Cooper did.

I don't appreciate cheezy music marketing that makes use of occult imagry, and  will not patronize it :excl:  More importantly, I do not care to consume the vile messages of most secular music, and yes, a small amount of religious music

You're preaching to the choir; I don't care for a lot of it either, but don't believe it is "satanic".

Bottom-line question:  In a world that is spiritually bankrupt, and one in which even our congregations house people who've been abused, beaten, had marriages destroyed, and who are often so wounded, they are craving basic truths--do we really have time to waste entertaining ourselves with the foolishness of unbelievers?

I read a good book once that said Satan does not need you to commit any large sins; he needs only that you waste enough time on things with no eternal value.

That said, if you enjoy music, enjoy it. ;) B)

Originally posted by Please+Nov 18 2005, 03:43 PM-->

<!--QuoteBegin-BenRaines@Nov 18 2005, 03:38 PM

Oh no and I saw Jon Lovitz as Mestopholiz or Lucifer on SNL.  I had better go and see the Bishop.

There is no such thing as free agency.  It is agency, right to choose.  Nothing free about it.  Each of us has our agency to choose.

Actually there is such a thing as free agency. Free to have agency... Free in that truth/intelligence/light = free and without this freeingness, you would not be able to use agency.

This is a question of definition, I think that from a general perspective, Ben is right. But technally Please is right, but really you are using different definitions of "free".

This is silly but!!!!

God gave man agency. That in and of itself is free. Agency to choose or agency to act. That is freedom to choose or freedom to act or not to choose or not to act.

What is compelled agency? Is there such a thing? Can we be compelled to be free to choose. I don't think so. Agency is freedom.

Satan's plan in pre-existence did not have agency. God's plan did.

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by BenRaines@Nov 18 2005, 03:48 PM

This is silly but!!!!

God gave man agency.  That in and of itself is free.  Agency to choose or agency to act.  That is freedom to choose or freedom to act or not to choose or not to act.

What is compelled agency?  Is there such a thing?  Can we be compelled to be free to choose.  I don't think so.  Agency is freedom.

Satan's plan in pre-existence did not have agency.  God's plan did.

You need to read a little more in the scriptures... LOL and then do some pondering... you have... like seamus stated... got the general idea... but not the deeper more technical one... which leads to a lot more interesting knowledge and understanding...

Guest Member_Deleted

Originally posted by BenRaines@Nov 18 2005, 03:53 PM

I find it very interesting how you can determine my level of knowledge and understanding by a few posts in a forum.  Amazing. :)

Really it isn't that hard. :P:D