Found out I'm adopted...

SteveMcluuf

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey WAIT!!! Don't close it yet Pam.. I've got a question and I'm sorry if it's already been asked, didn't have time to read every post because it sounded like it was about to be closed. My question is, and I promise I do not mean any disrespect it's just that I know very little about the subject and am curious. The question is:.....drum roll please???

Is it possible for an adopted son to be "sealed" with the ah.. for lack of the proper word, non-biological Mom and Dad-brothers-sisters?? If so, is the process the same as blood relatives? A temple visit required?

Though they're sealed only to the "parents", not to the other siblings, right?

Nope, to the siblings too. If a convert couple were going to the Temple, and some of their children were theirs by birth, and others by adoption, there would be no change to the wording or order of the Ceremony. (assuming the adoptions were legal and finalized)

Though they're sealed only to the "parents", not to the other siblings, right?

I'm not sure of the wording, but being sealed to the parents would make them, by extension, sealed to the siblings as well. I'm trying to remember, but it seems to me that when we do proxy sealings for the dead, the sealing is of the child to the parents, and does not include the siblings to each other. At least that is my recollection.

Husbands and wives are sealed to each other, and children are sealed to parents. There are no sibling sealings. But as John Doe stated, you are by extension sealed to your siblings.

But again, as mentioned elsewhere, in the eternities, I am not convinced that we will live in nuclear family units. I think we'll all be sealed as "one big happy family" but we will live with our spouses.