American Idol

Bini

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woo wee, did you see the good looking LDS dude? He was from SAndy, left his mission to Spain early due to cancer. And he could sing! Whew! My drool was dripping big time.

I just saw him!

Even hubby thinks he's got charm and called it that this guy will be in the top 12. We'll see!

He was a freak.

And I'm going to have to disagree with the judges on that one chick who was twangy country with a not so good voice. I don't think she is that good, but sometimes they give people a chance to change their lives (anyone remember the cowboy dude from a few seasons ago? he had never left his hometown before and he went to Hollywood. the judges put him through just because he had an ok voice, but they wanted him to have the experience of traveling--sweet guy and awesome story).

What about the two girls that auditioned together and only one went through? I didn't even think the one that went through was all that great. But I LOVED the singing cop.

He was a freak.

And I'm going to have to disagree with the judges on that one chick who was twangy country with a not so good voice. I don't think she is that good, but sometimes they give people a chance to change their lives (anyone remember the cowboy dude from a few seasons ago? he had never left his hometown before and he went to Hollywood. the judges put him through just because he had an ok voice, but they wanted him to have the experience of traveling--sweet guy and awesome story).

I think you're referencing the cowboy dude from America's Got Talent. America sure does have talent. Not much of it is found on that show though.:huh:

No, it was American Idol--I don't watch AGT.

Ok, I don't watch enough of either to really say. I just remembered seeing the cowboy dude from Kentucky.....I actually think he won. Anyway, I'm not sure that guy could've won a local talent show and he was on AGT for some dang reason. Same story though, never been out of his hometown in Kentucky, chicken farmer if I remember right.

I'm a fan of Top Chef. We need a thread about that. I like a lot of the reality shows, but Top Chef rocks......and no.....I'm not gay.

Alright I'm back :]

I was very impressed by the police officer too. Wow, what an amazing voice. I have a gut feeling that he'll be around for awhile.. As for the two "bffs", Carmen was definitely better than Lauren, so the judges made the right decision there. Now, I can't remember her name but I also liked the cute Hispanic girl, the one the judges said was "sultry".

Sidetrack just for a wee second..

The hick (aka farmer/cowboy) on America's Got Talent won because he had all the votes supporting him from YouTube. Prior to going on TV, this guy was a YouTube phenomenon and already had a massive fan base.

The hick (aka farmer/cowboy) on America's Got Talent won because he had all the votes supporting him from YouTube. Prior to going on TV, this guy was a YouTube phenomenon and already had a massive fan base.

Ah, so now we know how that guy could win. Maybe they should call the show "America Can Text In Votes". Probably a lot more reflective of the actual show. Why is it that David Hasselhof is some sort of expert in judging these people? What are his qualifications? I'm guessing he was the best celebrity that cut-rate production could afford. Ah well, sorry to keep taking this thread off track.

Back to AI. I was quite amused with the guy that walked in with attitude about waiting so long and spent about 15 seconds to get all the judges mad at him. Sometimes I marvel at how some people have such a knack for setting themselves up for failure.

I forgot to add my two cents on the guy with the attitude!

Yes he came across a bit cocky but if we're going by stinky attitudes, there's been previous AI contestants much worse that got a "pass". And personally, I didn't think his voice was too awfully bad. In fact, I thought he sang better than some of the women that made it through. I guess the lesson here is: don't tick off Kara DioGuardi! Simon and Randy didn't seem too offended and Ms. Blige just looked bored the entire time she was a judge.