Does anyone else FEAR going before God to give an account?

JohnOF123

Then I think your SP is grossly misinterpreting the doctrine. We can only change ourselves! There's another saying "God will force no man 'to Heaven", meaning, if someone really doesn't want a relationship with Him, he's not going to force them, and niether can we. We can ENCOURAGE and FACILITATE gospel learning, and try to lead by example, but ultimately we can only gain a Testimony for OURSELVES, and not anyone else.

You have NOT failed.

Don't you get constantly badgered and hounded to find someone for the missionaries to teach? "Set a date" never worked for me so I was told I didn't have enough faith. We are always being told it is the missionaries' call to teach and the members' job to find people for them to teach. We must "grow the Ward", we must be "every member a missionary", we must "do it". We cannot enter the Celestial Kingdom alone. It's not just our current SP telling us this. It is mostly all we have been hearing for years, that and storage and genealogy - but mostly missionary, missionary, missionary.

I was wondering if anyone out there extremely Fears going before God after you die to give a full account of your life. I do. I'm not talking about the ones who are semi-afraid, or just a little... I'm talking about a serious fear of this day. Any thoughts on this?

Just think about it. Every little word we've ever said, every word we should have said and didn't. Even our thought life! Imagine if someone played your thought life for the past week on a big screen for everyone in Church to see. That's scary.

Relax. If you believe in the scripture - John specifically - and believe in God, there is no judgement:

John 3:18 "He who believes in Him is not judged;"

Relax. If you believe in the scripture - John specifically - and believe in God, there is no judgement:

John 3:18 "He who believes in Him is not judged;"

"We will all give an account one day."

"It is appointed for a man once to die and then the judgement."

"we who teach will be judged more strictly"

I understand that I won't be judged in the same courtroom as those who reject Christ, but what am I going to say when I am judged and have to give an account for my life. That's what is nerve racking to me. :o

I thank you for you vote of confidence, but in John 3:18 I believe the way judged is being used is the same as condemned. We will not be condemned (but we will be physically judged), otherwise my above references would contradict this. But if John is speaking that we will not be condemned (judged), then this all flows nicely in context.

So we will be judged by the amount of light in us. We will all give an account. But those in Christ will not be condemned. I'm saved but this is still nerve racking to me. Not for fear of condemnation, but because I fail so miserably... to go before a perfect, Holy and just God will be something.

Edited by JohnOF123

For me it's less about "fear" and perhaps more about "embarrassment". Knowing better but doing it anyway and then getting caught. When some of the minor faults pop-up before me and the judgment panel, I think I'll be more embarrassed than fearful.

For me it's less about "fear" and perhaps more about "embarrassment". Knowing better but doing it anyway and then getting caught. When some of the minor faults pop-up before me and the judgment panel, I think I'll be more embarrassed than fearful.

Yea, reaaallllyyy embarrassed. What's the word for that, lol. Yes, ashamed is a better word than fear, thx.

"We will all give an account one day."

"It is appointed for a man once to die and then the judgement."

"we who teach will be judged more strictly"

I understand that I won't be judged in the same courtroom as those who reject Christ, but what am I going to say when I am judged and have to give an account for my life. That's what is nerve racking to me. :o

I thank you for you vote of confidence, but in John 3:18 I believe the way judged is being used is the same as condemned. We will not be condemned (but we will be physically judged), otherwise my above references would contradict this. But if John is speaking that we will not be condemned (judged), then this all flows nicely in context.

So we will be judged by the amount of light in us. We will all give an account. But those in Christ will not be condemned. I'm saved but this is still nerve racking to me. Not for fear of condemnation, but because I fail so miserably... to go before a perfect, Holy and just God will be something.

The verse doesn't say condemned. It says "ou krinetai" which is the present passive indicative of "not judged." The word comes from "kriterion" which means what is sounds like - referring to judgement which could be favorable on unfavorable.

I too can find lots of verse that appear to contradict just about any gospel point - it depends on what you want to believe. I personally believe that the guilt focused, condemnation driven approach is unhelpful. Those that accept Christ and seek to follow him are already being saved and the atonement has purchase on their souls.

The verse doesn't say condemned. It says "ou krinetai" which is the present passive indicative of "not judged." The word comes from "kriterion" which means what is sounds like - referring to judgement which could be favorable on unfavorable.

But the previous verse, which we read as "God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world", seems to use the same Greek word for "condemn".

So, apparently, we've just proved that Jesus won't judge anyone at all. Someone had better alert our missionaries.

Don't you get constantly badgered and hounded to find someone for the missionaries to teach? "Set a date" never worked for me so I was told I didn't have enough faith. We are always being told it is the missionaries' call to teach and the members' job to find people for them to teach. We must "grow the Ward", we must be "every member a missionary", we must "do it". We cannot enter the Celestial Kingdom alone. It's not just our current SP telling us this. It is mostly all we have been hearing for years, that and storage and genealogy - but mostly missionary, missionary, missionary.

Well, yes I've heard the "Every member a missionary" shpeal and all that, but I've *never* heard it presented as a qualification for entrance in to the Celestial Kingdom. Certainly if we're following Christ and "feeding His sheep" then missionary work should be important to us, but the people we reach out to and teach still have their agency. We won't be condemned for THEIR choice not to accept what we're putting out there.