are you kidding?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever age a child is he needs certain things.It might be a clean nappy as a baby or a nudge to get their homework done when they are teenagers.

Homes don't clean themselves-there is laundry,window-washing,vacuuming,baking,shopping,cupboard drawer sorting out-changing clothes around from Season to season-sorting out what gets passed,what get sent to the Charity shop & what gets binned.This is not evenfactoring in gardening,preserving etc.

As many women are having children later in life we also have the task of caring for eldery relatives along with the child-care,housework,voluntary work & Church callings.

My younger sister had a husband & four children under four who thought all she had to do was be more organised & she would get more done & be less tired.She left him to it for a week-after three days he was begging her to come home.They are now Grandparents & he is always making sure that his Stay-at home Daughter-In-Law/Son -in -law get a fair bite of the cherry.

My sister supplemented the family income by working from home & when they were older re-trained.

I think what works for one family would not work for another. I was raised in a time when working Mums were not the norm.My Mother did not have the labour-saving devices I have =had to shop daily as there was no fridge,no washer/dryer or disposable nappies.She was widowed & had to return to work.It was hard for us to adjust.I can still remember the sick feeling on coming home & Mum wasn't there(this is pre her return to the work-force).She was the heart of the home & it's Captain-it ran well because she put her heart & soul into it-not for herself but for her husband & children.Her joy & achievement in life was having a happy clean,well-nourished & happy family.It was what she wanted & she is an intelligent,informed woman who could have did anything.Money was scarce & she would make it work well.!

I wish I could be half the homemaker she still is.